The Biggest Loser – James Took The Money And Ran

Well there goes my theory on who was having a romance in The Biggest Loser house. I thought it was Michelle and James who were falling in love but clearly I was wrong, unless they did hook up early on.

Twitter chat is pointing the finger at Lydia and Margie.

Anyway James decided to take the $30,000 and why not he can go and buy lap band surgery and liposuction and  still have some left over.

When Shannon was having a go at him about what he was going to do James said “So many outside influences I have just got to make sure I am listening to my voice and no one else’s.”

“Maybe your voice is not the voice of reason.” booms Shannon. “You’ll still be the fat guy” Because clearly being fat is worse then being homeless.

As James had said it would give him a roof over his head and give him time to establish himself.

It appears James has no support, as his mum died when he was six, and his father died when he was thirteen. The poor bugger.

I think he made the right decision and apparently he has a job at Fitness First.

Selena also came back into the competition.

Tonight was also weigh-in time and the red team had a two kilo advantage due to winning the sheep wrangling competition. Thanks to Lydia, and also the black team are like the walking wounded. What is Commando doing to them?

The weigh-in stats are:

Blue team –

• Hamish: 140.5 kg lost 3.3 kgs
  • Luke: 133.2 kg lost 4.1 kgs;
  • Ryan: 221.5 kgs lost 6.9kgs.

Total weight lost percentage of 2.81%

The Black team:

• Shane: 151.3kg lost 3.4 kgs;
  • Simon: 151.2 kgs lost 3.2 kgs;
  • Alex: 146 kgs lost 4.9 kgs;
  • Graham: 193.2 kgs lost 4.8 kgs.

Total weight lost percentage of 2.48%

The White Team –

• Selena: 156.5 kgs lost 2.2 kgs (her score was not counted);
  • Bek: 117.7 kgs loss of 3.3 kgs;
  • Kasey: 122.6 kgs loss of 3.3 kgs;
  • Michelle: 100.4 kgs a loss of 2 kgs, and if she had lost 1oo gms more they would have avoided the bottom two.

There total weight loss was 2.46%

The red team:

• Lisa: 96 kgs lost 2.2 kgs;
  • Brenda: 110.4 kgs lost 2.7 kgs;
  • Lydia: 127.2 kgs lost of 4.4 kgs;
  • Margie: 145.6 kgs loss of 5.1 kgs.

With their added two kilos were number one on the score board and Margie was this weeks biggest loser.

Kasey, the person with the least camera time, clearly her back story is not as good as the others, offered to go up for elimination ahead of Michelle. However Michelle went in as she had the lowest percentage weight loss of her team.

Shane put himself up because he felt he was responsible for his team being in the bottom two. He said he has had problems with his nutrition all week. Which must be code for over eating.

However as we know The Biggest Loser loves a cliff hanger the viewer will have to tune in tomorrow evening to see who goes. Who do you think will go? I suspect Michelle if people are voting with their hearts, and Shane if they are voting with their heads as he has a better chance of winning the now $220,000 prize money.

1 smauge { 02.07.12 at 7:17 am }

Maybe Michelle is offering herself up Kamikaze-style to get together with James on the outside.

2 littlepetal { 02.07.12 at 8:01 am }

With Shane sob story, they wouldn’t vote Shane out. I can’t understand if 15 years ago, the doc told him he will be death in 15 years if he doesn’t do something to his weight and after having an autistic son he still didn’t do anything about his weight. Now he is saying he only have 5 years or he may be dead but he still didn’t get it. Obviously he overeat (can’t blame him in that department when he is only allowed 1200 cals a day!!! and anything more will consider overeating) But I think he ate much much more than 1200 cals. Shane has to get in his head that he is the only one that can help himself. Just being in TBL will not make you lose weight if you don’t put in the hard yard. Some of them don’t get it.

3 Amy { 02.07.12 at 8:56 am }

I don’t know if I’m alone in this (although surely not!) but I subscribe to your blog’s RSS feed in Google Reader and when I go to my list of unread items I get all the blog post titles. Given that I’m often trying to watch multiple shows at once I have to record some or catch repeats – only to get spoiled by your post titles before I’ve had a chance to watch!

I’d rather not remove you from my Reader but I don’t want to keep getting spoiled!

4 emma { 02.07.12 at 9:18 am }

My sneaking suspiscion is Michelle and Luke… he teared up so much when she was singing early on that I thought there might be some feelings there. But perhaps I’m just paranoid…

5 The Psychic Octopus { 02.07.12 at 9:34 am }

Amy. You will keep getting spoiled.

6 brain dead dave { 02.07.12 at 11:32 am }

I don’t know about Luke. Given that he’s a 26 yr old know it all obese balding virgin, his best chance of some romance would have been with one of the unfortunate sheep the fatties were pursuing the other night.

My money is on Margie and Lardia for the dumpy dyad. Margie’s all over her like a dose of crabs.

Got to love the fake gallantry of the whales when nominating themselves for elimination.

7 Culinary Boner { 02.07.12 at 11:43 am }

“Anyway James decided to take the $30,000 and why not he can go and buy lap band surgery and liposuction and still have some left over.”

James can use the left-over money to get himself a dick big enough for him to see when he piles it all back on again post-lipo – a la the way Ms Fullbody Lipo Dearaugo did.
The enhanced appendage still won’t get him laid, but it’ll save on a lot of fumbling around while he’s at the urinal.

8 Reality Raver { 02.07.12 at 11:43 am }

Also thought Simon’s weight loss was a bit paltry considering he is pretty large but then he has pulled a ham string…

Amy – Thanks for subscribing to my blog much appreciated. I try not to put spoilers in my headers but sometimes they slip through, particularly late at night.

9 seepi { 02.07.12 at 12:50 pm }

Very good decision to take the money. I just hope he does something useful with it, not just lots of nights out, but either way he is ahead.

Someone else will leave next week with nothing, so it makes no sense not to grab 30 thou and leave if you can. Also by now he has realised it is just not that much fun in the house. andhe is young enough to imagine he can lose the weight himself.

10 Georgie { 02.07.12 at 7:54 pm }

LMAO – bdd & CB you two are so funny and I haven’t even watched TBL.

11 Jessie { 02.09.12 at 10:35 am }

You must be completely stupid or have never been obese to think he made the right choice. And your flippant remarks that he could just get Weight Loss Surgery is even MORE stupid. You clearly know nothing about those surgeries. I know you are just a blogger and not a ‘real’ writer but you should at least PRETEND to put some effort into it.

12 Culinary Boner { 02.09.12 at 11:12 am }

Jessie, it was HIS choice, not Raver’s…
so why don’t you track him down on Facebook or Twitter and tell him to his face that he didn’t “make the right choice”. I’m sure he’ll be only to happy to tell you where to shove your opinion.

This is an enjoyable reality TV blog for piss-takers like meself, not a Weight Watchers re-education camp, in case you hadn’t noticed.

13 Reality Raver { 02.09.12 at 9:10 pm }

Jessie – My writing style is a tongue in cheek, and maybe that did not come across. I do think he made the right decision he has no parental support and obviously lives from week to week. Also the few weeks he had in the house appears to have kick started new habits he is now working at Fitness First. Hey and Jessie I am pretty proud to be a blogger and I don’t think there should be a negative connatation to the term.

14 Reality Raver { 02.09.12 at 9:15 pm }

Jessie – I have struggled with my weight not in a Biggest Loser type way but I could see that slippery slope ahead. Over the past year I have lost a lot of weight, and what I find interesting is how people perceive you differently.

15 littlepetal { 02.09.12 at 9:26 pm }

Jessie – I think everyone is entitle to their opinions here and stop calling people stupid.