My Kitchen Rules – Carla and Tom Complain About The Editing Of The Show

Carla and Tom told the Herald Sun today that the editing of My Kitchen Rules is what has turned them into one of the shows villains and that they are actually saying nice things about the food.

The article states:

VICTORIAN My Kitchen Rules contenders Thomas Carr and Carla Mangion blame ruthless program editors for turning them into TV villains.

The pair, who failed to win over judges with their dinner and scored the lowest dessert score in MKR history for their blueberry and lavender cheesecake, said they felt they weren’t being shown fairly on the Channel 7 reality show.

“It’s really disappointing that Carla and I are being portrayed quite badly,” Carr said.

“Monday night was a fine example. We said beautiful things about (the soldiers’) desserts and their entrees, but the only time I was shown talking was my negative remark about the main course.

“I hope people acknowledge it is a TV show and the characters they’re building aren’t really us.”

Mangion said they were trying to stay positive. “Just being here is an achievement. No one’s dead. No one has cancer. It’s a television show. Our family and friends know who we are and hopefully that will shine through a bit more,” she said.

Maybe they need to pop into Chris Badenoch’s beer joint Josie Bones and commiserate over a few beers as he was edited as the bad boy in Masterchef Australia in Season One.

However it is not a negative to be cast as the villain as the Tassie Tiger Mel testify, as she now has a column in New Idea commenting on this series. In fact she is about the only one people can remember from last year. Who is on the front cover of magazines? Princess Jen.

Also the Executive producer of the show Rikkie Proost talked to Media Week Australia and he said  “80% of the success of television is in the casting”. He had said they had chosen this year, and that “This is the best series yet.”. Well they always say it is the best series.

Casting is key but how they slice and dice is also crucial as we can see above Tom and Carla are feeling the effects of this.

Also we have not even got to the pair that may make Tom and Jen look like pussycats as tonight we get to see Peter and Gary on our screens.

My Kitchen Rules on Channel Seven Monday to Thursday at 7.30pm.

Related Posts

• Sorry there are no related posts

1 Shelsta78 { 02.08.12 at 11:13 am }

Honestly – this is so like ‘I’m not here to make friends’!
EVERY SINGLE F’ing contestant that realises they’ve said something dumb on every reality show ever says ‘it was the editing’.
Truly people get over it – if you don’t want vision of yourself saying something nasty / ill-advised then DON’T say it at all – the only reason an editor can make the decision to include something is because YOU said it in the first place – FACT.

Anyway, he should be happy with the coverage – I agree RR – these people that get cast as the ‘love to hate’ gang are nearly always the ones that get the most PR during and post show.

Stupid Soap tasting lavender cheesecake.

2 Rob { 02.08.12 at 11:15 am }

I this article on them is even more explosive, says they didn’t even know what they were cooking until the night before

3 Culinary Boner { 02.08.12 at 11:38 am }

Badenoch could cook. And he was funny. And he got to pork a much younger chick. And he now runs a good restaurant/bar that’s well worth drinking/eating at (in that order based on my pleasant experiences there).

There’s no comparison between a real deal villain like Chris B and a prissy Trust-fund wanker like Thomarse.

4 Wurstsemmel { 02.08.12 at 11:44 am }

The ‘wouldn’t feed it to my cat’, the snidey sniggers weren’t editing so give us a break. Sure, editing can play a part but you have to provide the material in the first place.

If they feed any of that cheesecake to the cat, I’m calling the RSPCA.

5 sue N { 02.08.12 at 12:38 pm }

and how does Thomas explain his smug face and all his etxremely negative and condescending comments???

Even if any good comments were left out (sure!!!! ;-) ) they both still said all the other crap!!!

6 brain dead dave { 02.08.12 at 1:56 pm }

Tell someone who cares,Tom ,you smug sack of $hit.The earth needs the oxygen you’re wasting.

7 Culinary Boner { 02.08.12 at 2:39 pm }

Wurstsemmel, my cat would know just what to do with Tom’s lilac topped cupcake, as it’d smell pretty much like her litter.

8 Joseph Skyrim { 02.08.12 at 3:19 pm }

Haha thanks to CB’s earlier post I now have a higher regard for Chris Badenoch! :P

9 Julie { 02.21.12 at 9:22 pm }

Sorry but you guys seem to be making it in to a game of revenge for bad scores, the kiwi’s cooked a lovely meal judging by other scores and you have deliberately down graded the score you gave instead of releasing or learning from the experience. Now when was the last time you waited 2 hours for a meal in a restaurant ? Hey you had another bad night except it move on and grow up both of you.

10 Yasmin { 02.24.12 at 2:27 pm }

They cant edit wat u dnt say b a man n own up to being the pathetic man u r u would get more respect

11 Theresa { 08.26.12 at 6:50 pm }

Thomas & Carla should not complain about the editing of the show because the way you’ve scored the teams since your disastrous kitchen experience gives it ALL away! So don’t try defending yourselves or justifying your stupid actions! Your scoring is enough to show that what we see on TV is what you two are really like. And I bet that if you were at the top of the leaderboard you would have been scoring nicely and fairly like the rest of the teams are. You’re messing with people’s lives here and they are scoring fairly so why can’t you?! You sore losers!

12 Morgan { 08.26.12 at 7:18 pm }

Ugh, I really couldn’t stand these two asswipes. Can’t believe they’d have the audacity to say it was all editing that made them look horrible! All of the editing in the world wouldn’t make their “strategic” scoring look good. If you have to resort to stuff like that to stay on a cooking competition then you shouldn’t be there at all. They nearly ruined MKR 3 for me.

Channel 7, if you ever do a MKR All Stars don’t bring Thomas & Carla back. Please.

13 Anon. { 02.05.13 at 9:51 pm }

Editing or no. They still said some pretty terrible things. That being said so did some people here. I’m pretty sure you would have to be a saint to give the right director nothing to work with. TV shows are stacked, but that’s what makes them entertaining.

14 Sue Bedford { 03.14.13 at 9:56 am }

I have just posted this post on facebook –
DO YOU LIKE BULLIES, DO YOU LIKE RUDE PEOPLE, DO YOU LIKE ARROGANCE.
If your answer is NO, then I call on you to propest and take action and hit channel 7 where it hurts, in the ratings battle.
I CALL ON YOU TO STOP WATCHING ‘MY KITCHEN RULES’
I for one will not be on channel 7 at 7.30, Monday to Thursday anymore, I don’t need to see rude people on TV, I don’t need to feel angry, fustrated or annoyed. I used to enjoy MKR and have watched it since it began. NO MORE. Take ACTION, JOIN MY PROTEST.
LIKE AND RE-POST, LETS GET THE MESSAGE OUT THERE.

15 Lola { 08.13.13 at 3:39 am }

These people make me sick! Never seen more ugly people inside and out than those two! Carla especially is such a b****!! On the episode where Justine and Angela went home, while getting the dish served she made s comment that it was clearly Justine’s dish since it was so big! Honey when u’re top model australia then please feel free to pass judgement on other people weight but for now go get a nose job and a personality transplant. You and your ugly friend tom need it desperately!!

16 marijke { 02.25.14 at 4:37 am }

Just saw an old episode of MKR and thought he! 2 Army guys don’t know that one! But then after 10 minutes I saw why I did not know that year’s MKR because who was entering the house? OMG that was that little pathetic envious weasel called Thomas YIKES!