Rachael Finch May Not Be Quite The Golden Girl We Thought She Was

Details about former Celebrity Masterchef contestant, Rachael Finch, may not be quite the nice girl we thought she was.

In a court case between two of her former managers it has been revealed she demanded $8000 for a charity event.

The Daily Telegraph reveals:

Far from the glitz of the catwalk, the behind-the-scenes deals have been laid bare in the dispute over the 2009 Miss Universe Australia’s earnings.

In a statement tendered to Downing Centre Local Court, Double Bay model manager Grant Dwyer said he brokered a deal for Finch to appear as a celebrity ambassador for the McHappy Day fundraiser, which raises money for Ronald McDonald House Charities, after learning that the beauty once worked for the fast-food chain. But the model insisted on an $8000 fee.

Not really up on the world of celebrities and charity events, I know some do them for free, and some do charge. However considering her image is based on her nice girl next door image it is probably not a great look, but a girl has to eat.

1 getoff!!! { 02.08.12 at 1:44 pm }

If anyone believes this then they are a fool!!!! I doubt very much that Rachael would ask for money for charity work, this Dwyer is a tool & seems to me that he is pi**ed off because she didn’t go with his agency.

Rachael has done so much charity work & it’s a credit to her, funny how no-one acknowledges this.

Talk about stabbing the knife in her back without knowing the facts first, shame on you all, I hope it comes back to bite you all in the bum!!!

2 littlepetal { 02.08.12 at 2:01 pm }

RR is only reporting what the Daily Telegraph published.

3 brain dead dave { 02.08.12 at 2:02 pm }

Big difference between having a tight ar$e and being one.

Rachael Grinch.

4 TMC { 02.08.12 at 2:23 pm }

If she needed to eat i’m sure McD’s could of given her a couple of big mac on her way out.

I sure would like to give her the Big Tmc

5 Culinary Boner { 02.08.12 at 2:44 pm }

This does not surprise me. Far too few of this nation’s ‘bonza bloke’ or ‘ripper sheila’ celebs actually do charity work 100% gratis…

Get real people. They’ve got lifestyles to fund and habits to feed.

6 Leop { 02.08.12 at 2:59 pm }

CB exactly; I mean Warwick Cappa doesn’t get out of bed for……. fill in space

7 imaketheshow (formerly SEDI) { 02.08.12 at 3:12 pm }

People need to also remember that this happened in Nov 2009, RIGHT off the back of her coming 4th on Miss Universe. She would have been in big demand, and her management would have wanted to try and get the big $$ for an appearance. Of course its a little iffy wanting $8k for McHappy Day, but that was probably what her management asked.

As they say, if you can get it, flaunt it.

8 Joseph Skyrim { 02.08.12 at 3:13 pm }

Off topic, but while on the Daily Telegraph page I came across this:

Pretty dangerous leg if you ask me. x.x Do we know if any of them became croc food?

9 howrude!!!!!!!!!!!! { 02.08.12 at 4:19 pm }

Talk about a pair of vulchers!!!!!!! How sad & pathetic that an innocent person has to endure this crap, those 2 so called agents should be banned from the modelling industry, yep all about the $$$ & don’t give a care about the client, what a lot of crap, as if Rachael would demand 8k to work for charity and what a ridiculous amount to ask for, something very dirty going on here!!!

10 Warble { 02.08.12 at 4:21 pm }

Can’t say I have a problem with this. She would be receiving countless requests for charity appearances. I’m sure she does plenty without fee. People seem to have a strange idea that staff that work for charities and not-for-profit organisations don’t get paid. Many do. If one wants to use her for promotional purposes as opposed to her approaching them due to it being close to her heart, I don’t see any problem with requiring a fee. There are just too many charities to say yes to them all and I’m sure charities would be far more appreciative of being offered a price rather then a flat out denial. At least if they still really want her, they can hire her.

11 Georgie { 02.08.12 at 6:39 pm }

Young people who work at McDonalds as Rachael used to, aren’t exactly well paid. I’m sure McDonalds’ profits benefit from this and they can afford to pay for their promos. They certainly don’t give anything away do they?

12 Gillian { 02.08.12 at 11:21 pm }

There is little point in me donating to a charity which is throwing away $8k and more on celebrity appearances. They should use the money to promote their charity in a more creative way.

I think it’s appalling that a celebrity would be paid for a charity event. I agree that celebrities cannot appear at all events so pick and choose the charities that you want to support and do it in good grace – for the love, not the money.

I’m not sure if the story is true but McDonalds hasn’t spoken out to defend her.

13 Gillian { 02.08.12 at 11:42 pm }

Comment from Rachel Finch: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/im-not-greedy-tv-presenter-rachael-finch-denies-taking-a-big-bite-out-of-mchappy-day/story-e6frewz0-1226266122311

So she admits to getting paid $8k but it was part of an ongoing deal. Celebrity or no celebrity, I really believe that you should be doing charity work out of the goodness of your heart, not to further your career.

14 Georgie { 02.09.12 at 6:35 am }

McDonalds don’t do it for nothing – $1 from every burger sold makes their ‘charity work’ a big money spinner for them.

15 littlepetal { 02.09.12 at 7:57 am }

I think it depends on which charities. Some charities really need every cent. With McDonald, they spent millions on ads. They can fund their own charity without get any help from others.

Sometimes we have to remember that so call celebrities need to earn a living too and many fund raising events paid for their services. Only when they are well established and doing well in their careers than they should do it for free but many do (for some of the charities)

16 Gillian { 02.09.12 at 8:15 am }

There are more nobler ways to earn a living than taking money off a charity regardless of whether it’s backed by a commercial entity. I don’t believe celebrities should be paid for charity work nor do I believe that organisations like McDonalds should use a charity to raise their profile so they can sell hamburgers. For me personally, I don’t think the ends justify the means. If you’re that cash-strapped, you can always take on a nine-to-five job. Just my two cents, not $8k.

17 Georgie { 02.09.12 at 10:06 am }

Guacamole!

18 Warble { 02.09.12 at 11:28 am }

Charity’s like Ronald McDonald house pay for staff. They pay for merchandise, office space and office equipment. They pay for publicity and advertising on radio, television and print. To suggest they should then receive the services of a celebrity for pure publicity reasons for free is pretty illogical.

They are happy to pay for all this because it’s an investment. Increased exposure for them leads to increased donations.

Would people have just preferred Finch said no? Surely if McDonalds wanted to use her services for publicity, it’s not unreasonable to pay for it. We’re not talking about someone rattling a tin on a street corner here.

19 Georgie { 02.09.12 at 11:31 am }

Well said Warble.

20 Gillian { 02.09.12 at 1:28 pm }

Would people have just preferred Finch said no? – Actually yes in this case as I’ve stated already. We’ll have to agree to disagree as I don’t believe you should be making a profit to support a charity, they should just be paying for your costs. It defeats the purpose in my eyes. There are other ways to make money.

21 Rosie { 02.09.12 at 1:38 pm }

Gillian, I agree with you 100%.

22 Warble { 02.09.12 at 1:42 pm }

It doesn’t defeat the purpose if the extra publicity results in increased donations. Charity’s don’t work if forgotten about. If Finch says no then McDonalds lose anyways. However, if they treat it like any other PR exercise that they PAY for, then they’ll be happy. Do you think it’s a disgrace the newspaper editor charges them? Or the TV executive? Or the stationary company? If all these companies offer their services for free, where they stop? TV will be inundated with charity ads that bring no income.

23 Warble { 02.09.12 at 1:45 pm }

Finch provides a publicity service that she charges for. This just stinks of tall poppy syndrome. Some businesses may offer their services free of charge but I bet that Finch’s charges are just a drop in the ocean compared with the other fee’s this charity dishes out. Yet we aren’t bagging them…

24 Joseph Skyrim { 02.09.12 at 6:04 pm }

I’m with Warble on this one.

Also if she said “no” then she could the media would be going “Ohhh, she’s heartless because she didn’t want to do the charity thing for free.” Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. It all depends on the spin the editors put.

25 K { 11.04.13 at 1:16 am }

I unfortunately know Rachael.
She is only nice until she feels threatened by somebody- someone prettier, someone more talented, somebody making more money.
This story is true. She does nothing for free.

Her boobs are also as fake as her personality. They were a 16th birthday gift.