Foxy Shaynna Blaze Joins The Block As A Judge

Selling Houses Australia interior design guru has announced she will be joining The Block as a third judge with real estate agent, John McGrath, and Belle Magazine editor, Neale Whitaker.

This is a positive for the show as fans of hers will know she always has strong views and ideas about the houses on Selling Houses Australia. Also The Block did need to get someone who has a different aesthetic from the other two judges as each week they tended to have the same views on the rooms.

This year The Block will again be set in Melbourne and in houses. It will be screened later this year on Channel NINE.

If you want to get a sneak peek at Shaynna watch Selling Houses Australia on Lifestyle Channel at 8.30pm on a Wednesday.

1 Sweet Libertine { 02.12.12 at 3:53 pm }

I am really looking forward to this, While I really enjoy The Block and the commentary I do find that the boys, because of their backgrounds, their opinions are a little bit stuffy and unrealistic. Plus, Shaynna is wicked funny!

2 brain dead dave { 02.12.12 at 5:26 pm }

She’ll be a lot easier on the eye than Scotty Cam.

3 Lisa { 02.12.12 at 8:02 pm }

About time there was a female judge, for balance.
Not sure what I think of Shaynna’s work since her Selling Houses stuff tends to be generic for mass appeal.
Would be interested to see what typifies her own style.

4 Lebay { 02.13.12 at 8:42 am }

Im so glad they are bringing in a new judge. The style the other judges go for leaves me cold, it just doesnt look like you can live in it… Also the contestants KNOW what they want and it all ends up looking the same.

5 PollyB { 02.13.12 at 1:31 pm }

I agree Lisa, she makes-over for house sale, every house almost the same save the colour of the soft furnishings.

6 Mahlia { 02.14.12 at 11:38 am }

I agree Lisa, Shaynna’s style is bland on SHA. It meets the market for sale but lacks personality. I’m sure she has her own style, to be so successful, but we don’t see it on SHA.
I hope she can be open to more adventurous decorating on TB and not just for the purpose of selling a house