My Kitchen Rules – South Australia Boys Are Triple Threats And Just Made Themselves Favourites

So Nic and Rocco are what is known as a triple threat. Good looking, personable, and also can cook. What I liked about them was most of their dishes were quite technical but they got through a lot in their prep time. So when the diners arrived at their Casino themed restaurant they were pretty unstressed.

No two hour wait between courses for them, in fact they sat down and had a beer between main and dessert.

Also I noticed the Victorian girls and Sam from NSW sparked up whenever they walked into their instant restaurant. Stay tuned for that article in New Idea or TV Week that talks about these boys love life. As Twitter was on fire tonight wondering if this pair had girlfriends or boyfriends.

The South Australian pair’s biggest stress out was on what side of the plate should they put the avocado.  Their menu was Trio of Seafood which was Potato String Prawns, Sashimi Tuna, and Scallop & Chorizo Stack, for main they made Signaure Roast with Roschti, Chilli Broccolini and Brandy Jus. Dessert was Gateau Opera with Affogato.

For entree Pete Evans said what most of the female viewers were thinking “You started off really strong I hope you can finish it.”.

However, Manu thought his scallop was undercooked, he queried the the quality of the mayonnaise. And he was surprised to hear the secret ingredient was lime cordial. Maybe they got their recipe from the 4 Ingredients Cookbook.

Peter from Qld thought the menu looked pretty simple. I think he may have just been talking about the entree. Also he thought the scallops were too salty. However Peter who was trying to have a few jabs at them was silenced by the end of the evening.

Peter also thought the roast sounded pedestrian. However it was no normal roast it was pork wrapped in veal, spinach and chicken and it looked beautiful and moist. Manu loved the roast though thought the jus a bit tasteless. Pete loved it all.

The Gateau Opera looked amazing, also I was amazed that Andy from Tasmania had never had a cup of coffee in his life.

Manu thought it was fantastique and amazing, as did Pete.

The score was always going to be high.

Tas gave an eight, Vic gave a nine , WA gave nine, NSW gave a nine, Qld gave an eight for a total of 43 out of 50.

Manu scored eight for entree, eight for main, and a perfect ten for dessert.

Pete scored eight for entree, eight for main, and ten for dessert.

They scored a total of 95 points which was a record breaking score on My Kitchen Rules. If these guys cook like this once they are back in the My Kitchen Rules kitchen they will be hard to beat.

1 Andrea { 02.13.12 at 11:15 pm }

Obviously these boys are a stand out from the rest so far. They were organised and really knew how to cook with restaurant presentation! Peter and his partner seem jealous and very hard to please, can’t wait to see what they cook! Good on you Nic and Rocco, it will be interesting to see how you progress.

2 Georgie { 02.13.12 at 11:15 pm }

They were awesome – methodical, organized and no fannying about. Look out everybody Nic and Rocco are on fire.

3 brain dead dave { 02.13.12 at 11:20 pm }

Only thing they could be faulted for is not choosing a Bikie themed restaurant to fit the current climate in SA.

4 nanaliz { 02.13.12 at 11:32 pm }

wow.wow.wow! What impressive young guys. They obviously know how to cook from the heart and have been doing these recipes a long time. Perhaps this will shut up the conspiracy theory people saying the recipes are provided by Ch 7.
A bit confused about mayo. Boys were shown mixing oil into egg mix and then adding lime cordial, yet didn’t correct Manu when he talked about store bought mayo. Please explain!!!!
Any way congrats boys. Well deserved scores even if Gary and Peter can do better. just ask them.

5 Marie { 02.13.12 at 11:52 pm }

Nanaliz: I think Manu asked if they had made their own mayo and when they said that they had (and had added lime cordial) he basically said that the whole point of making your own mayo was to avoid the sweetness of the store bought stuff so they had, in his opinion, undone the value of their labors etc. That is what I heard anyway!

6 nanaliz { 02.13.12 at 11:54 pm }

Thanks Marie, didn’t catch that bit.

7 brain dead dave { 02.14.12 at 12:11 am }

I do think that Gary and Peter will wind up with egg on their faces….which will be quite a change for them.

8 Cheryl { 02.14.12 at 12:13 am }

So happy to see a team that actually used the prep time effectively to get as much done as possible! I think this shows they like to entertain and have their time management skills down pat so they can spend as much time with their guests as possible. The menu was technically challenging but they had clearly practiced it – Nick’s deboning of the chicken was better than many of the Masterchef contestants last season after a masterclass.

These guys would have to be the favourites right now, if they can master the challenges and keep communicating they seem to have the skill to go all the way.

9 wallah { 02.14.12 at 12:16 am }

All I could think of when I saw what they were doing to the roast was Epic Meal Time. “You want to fuck this or what?”

10 nanaliz { 02.14.12 at 1:06 am }

Just watched a bit of the epic meal time video … yuk looks gross but also similar to turducken that was on MC.
I somehow don’t think Gary and Peter will be too bad bdd. Haven’t seen any of their food in trailors, but I feel such leaned gentlemen would not put them selves in same level as Tom and carla. all mouth with nothing to back it up.

11 littlepetal { 02.14.12 at 7:08 am }

Everybody loves the boys. A real stand out last night. Didn’t I read somewhere (could even be here) that the early promo showed the SA has won? At this stage, they are really the best.

12 Georgie { 02.14.12 at 7:36 am }

wallah – great video.

What really impressed me with the boys was they both had their jobs sorted. They knew exactly what had to be done and how long it would take. They didn’t stress each other by wanting help, which we see with so many people cooking together.

A great team.

13 Anonymous { 02.14.12 at 8:50 am }

it will be very disappointing to me if littlepetal’s SPOILER turns out to be true. Please don’t wreck others’ viewing by blurting out the apparent winners so early into the season of the MKR- :(

14 Calliegirl { 02.14.12 at 10:05 am }

You haven’t lost it BDD. Really cracked me up with your comment!!

15 Culinary Boner { 02.14.12 at 10:15 am }

Enjoyed this episode as it was a pleasure to see good cooking for a change with a reminder of just how superb Italian food can be, as are its techniques and flavour profiles.

Once this Valentines Day nonsense is outta the way, it’s almost inspired me to take Mrs Boner on a date to a good Italian in Sydney like Pendolino.

I had to laugh at the unbridled lust all three young ladies were directing at the boys. The long haired one has a Frodo-like sweetness to him. No doubt the girls wanted to get their hands on his precious.

16 Mrs T { 02.14.12 at 10:30 am }

BDD as always bringing it :)
Excellent episode and for once I didn’t feel frustrated watching it. The boys broke with MKR tradition by cooking dishes they had actually tried before! I loved that they took the time to relax with a beer between main and dessert. Go SA , lets hope it’s not all one sided and there is some real competition, because as it is now these guys will steam roll it in.

17 kess { 02.14.12 at 10:34 am }

Wow.Great to see such talent, organisation, cooperation & skill – without being wankers.
Boys seem like real sweeties, lovely to watch last night

18 PollyB { 02.14.12 at 11:56 am }

Game on! The reasons I watch – Good cooking, organised and down to earth. Thanks guys. I was getting bored, but I’m excited to watch again. Bring it on.

19 littlepetal { 02.14.12 at 2:30 pm }

Anonymous-It’s only a rumour !!!!!! After last night episode most people will say the boys will win and we are only guessing.

20 nanaliz { 02.14.12 at 2:42 pm }

Isn’t interesting that when a team does well with no controversy, there are not as many blogs on here or other sites????

21 smauge { 02.14.12 at 3:19 pm }

First of all – Am I the only one that thinks Gary might be Kevin Rudd’s long lost twin??
As for this episode – I’m just lost for words. I expect to see them (topless) in this year’s Cleo bachelor of the year. I hope they keep this up because it was a pleasure to watch such great cooking. I think Ch7 might have had trouble manufacturing tension in the outros to each ad LOL!
Slightly off topic – I love the WA couple in this group. The male half is hilarious.

22 Cherry Gripe { 02.14.12 at 3:37 pm }

Gary and Peter are so a gay Statler and Waldorf from The Muppets.

23 smauge { 02.14.12 at 3:38 pm }

LMAO!! So true!

24 PollyB { 02.14.12 at 4:07 pm }

Yes Smauge, I thought remove that beard and we have Krudd on our screens.