Big Brother Australia 2012 – Dreamworld confirmed as home for its return on Nine

Dreamworld officially announced its part in the relaunch of Big Brother Australia, with confirmation that the axed-program will return to its original home in the Queensland theme park, despite moving networks.

It’s definitely great news for loyal viewers, who were notified on the show’s Facebook page and Twitter account yesterday.

I’ve been following the show on both social media websites for a while now, just waiting for the audition call. I certainly hope I haven’t missed it, since the Dreamworld website is already talking about selling tickets:

The programme is scheduled to air on the Nine Network later this year.  Tickets for shows have not yet been confirmed.

Now, I really can’t predict when the auditions will open – considering information about the show has generally been very limited – but I’d certainly keep an ear out.

With Big Brother Australia returning to Dreamworld, I hope it may mean we’ll also see some old faces like Mike Goldman, who I must say, looked pretty fit when I bumped into him at Bondi a while ago. It’ll be great to have him narrate the show again, because I think having the program revamped on a different network doesn’t necessarily mean that we should lose the things that made it great in its first run (like Big Brother Friday Night Live).

Sonia Kruger is set to host the program when it airs on Nine this year.

1 Reality Raver { 02.23.12 at 1:39 pm }

Also it appears that they are dumping the Secrets side of the show.

2 brain dead dave { 02.23.12 at 2:52 pm }

It makes sense for the producers to have it in a warm climate where the airheads will want to get their gear off and shower frequently.

3 Reality Raver { 02.23.12 at 3:39 pm }

BDD – Yes I think they learnt their lesson after sticking Australian Survivor down in cold SA.

4 brain dead dave { 02.23.12 at 3:57 pm }

Bring it on, reamworld!

5 Anthony { 02.23.12 at 4:41 pm }

Well it depends how much we’ll get to see! I hope there’s an adults-only show, despite Sonia Kruger wanting to wind down the sleaze. Maybe they can show us some bush at 11pm on GO! I’d definitely watch it.

6 Andrea { 02.24.12 at 5:32 pm }

I used to love Big Brother but it was spoilt when Kyle and Jackie took over. The new one needs a mixture of ages and interesting people from all walks of life, not just the young, pretty ones with great bodies, sorry Anthony, I dont agree with you, the most successful BB was the one where Reggie won with Chrissie the runner up. They won because of their personalities, the young “beautiful ” people just get annoying to me.

7 Anthony { 02.24.12 at 7:28 pm }

It’s not always about the young “beautiful” people. The last series was won by a 52 year-old grandmother, who I was happy to see win.