Excess Baggage Is Apparently Being Finished Early

The Sun-Herald today are reporting  that Channel NINE has cut filming  of Excess Baggage by two weeks. Apparently it still has a week let of filming to go. The finale was due to be filmed in the first week of April but obviously now that will be filmed earlier.

The show did not rate well and was moved to GO! after two weeks.

Also the Sun-Herald is also reporting that Excess Baggage contestant Ajay Rochester has lodged a complaint to the anti-discrimination board about Justin Burden of 1 Select Fitness who paid her to promote his fitness business.  The complaint she has lodged is for alleged unlawful and discriminatory termination of her contract. She claims she was booted because she got fat.

Anyhow he does owe her $35,000 so no wonder she is gunning for him. Also she and political campaigner Gary Burns will stage a protest out side the business this week.

1 Lisa { 02.26.12 at 3:31 pm }

Ajay is a sad attention seeker who should seek out the therapy she so badly needs.

I tried so hard to like this show. But it’s just too damn boring

2 Mia { 02.26.12 at 4:40 pm }

I think I’m one of the 3 people left still watching (and enjoying) it.

Whenever she does her ‘to camera’ commentary bits, Ajay reminds me of a scruffy, yappy little silky haired terrier.

3 littlepetal { 02.26.12 at 5:11 pm }

Today Tonight did a story on Ajay about how Justin got her to be the face of his website.

Justin already paid her $28,000 to promote the website and she has done nothing. Also mentioned that she negotiated with Channel 9 while being paid by Justin to be in Australia (flown in from LA) and put on 18kg to be in Excess Baggage. I did suspect she put on the weight to be on Excess Baggage. She is a con woman.

4 Leop { 02.26.12 at 5:51 pm }

Why does she attract this type of drama to herself – all the time
then goes into victim mode?

5 littlepetal { 02.26.12 at 7:44 pm }

To get attention

6 seepi { 02.26.12 at 9:53 pm }

I was keen to watch it but changing timeslots and networks I just never remembered it.

7 brain dead dave { 02.26.12 at 10:06 pm }

RIP (Repeat In Peace) Excess Garbage.

The way Ch 9 promoted it throughout the cricket, you’d think it was the greatest show on earth. They tried encoring it.

Not on a roll at Nine ie Alcatrash.

8 HungryHippo { 02.26.12 at 11:32 pm }

Mia, I think I’m the 4th person watching and enjoying it.
It can be boring sometimes but its funny to watch Ajay make a fool of herself.
“scruffy…terrier” haha I love that, spot on

9 sue N { 02.27.12 at 12:24 am }

make me number 5 (but I have no life, lol ;-)) as for AJ- scruffy terrier- so apt!!! :)

10 PollyB { 02.27.12 at 7:49 am }

I’m #6. Although I do ffwd a lot. Especially AJ.

11 Andrea { 02.27.12 at 10:02 pm }

Good riddance, couldnt stand it, Im surprised anyone is still watching it! Bring on Big Brother and Celebrity Apprentice!

12 sue N { 02.27.12 at 10:34 pm }

I find it a tad hysterical that someone could diss excess baggage, and in the same comment laud the likes of big brother- now there is truly excruciating lowest common demoninator TV…vomit!!!! 😉

13 Andrea { 02.28.12 at 8:03 pm }

Yeah I know. Im going crazy with all the reality shows, but even BB is better than Excess Baggage, if they get the right housemates it can be interesting. ( or maybe not! )

14 MJ { 03.01.12 at 4:04 pm }

Such a shame that they’re treating a great show in this way. It is more than a weight loss show. Very honest and demanding so much of its contestants – “real” in a way that most reality shows don’t even come close to.

15 Blossom { 03.03.12 at 1:09 am }

I’m still watching the show! Darryn and Lisa crack me up lol

16 seepi { 03.03.12 at 8:48 pm }

Actually a really obese person would be a very interesting candidate for big brother. It might be a bit exploitative though.

17 Parajumpers Italia { 09.29.13 at 11:38 am }

he really don’t over on every side me and i wish definitly interlude up.
Parajumpers Italia http://it.parajumperseblog.com/