The Biggest Loser – Alliance? What Alliance?

Today is a day of decisions. After his win at the rock-breaking challenge, who will Graham choose to go trainer-less? And at weigh-in, will the Reds stick to their promise to choose Simon rendering all of Margie’s “or will I?” cackling as pointless misdirection.

We’ve had since Thursday to ponder this and so, without much* further ado it is revealed that Hamish will lose Shannan until weigh-in day. He takes to training solo with an “I’ll-show-them!” conviction but is he really trainer-less here? I mean, Shannan pops along and gives him the kind of pep talk that in some circles could be construed as training. Now there’s a man clearly fighting for his place in the competition.

Over at the White team, Tiffiny is training the girls into resilience. Two of them, anyway… Selena is nowhere to be seen. As they prepare to return to civilisation (as represented by Camp Biggest Loser) Tiffiny takes a last opportunity to try to wring some heartfelt declarations from Michelle over Hamish. She even busts out a tablet to show Michelle the footage of Hamish practicing his declaration under Shannan’s tutelage. This is really awful. When Michelle finally has a bit of a cry, I’m sure it’s partly in recognition of the way they are being manipulated.

Weigh-in

Shannan makes a last-ditch attempt to save his job by claiming that the Blacks and the Reds have an alliance. I really don’t know what his end-game is with this revelation. It’s not as though Hayley’s going to reveal a rule that says “no deal-making” and overturn any weigh-in results, right?  So he just comes across looking petulant.

Black
Simon was covered by his Temptation immunity, which was just as well as his weekly losses were, well, weak. Alex dropped a little and Graham’s 4+ kilos made him their biggest loser, but with an overall low percentage. Disappointing results, but once again they have set themselves unobtainable targets and are now being flayed for not reaching them.

Red
The Red team’s losses were enough to put them in the lead.

White
Selena kicked off the White team’s weigh-in with a loss of only a couple of kilos, at which the other two started to look a bit nervous. Fortunately the Gym of Life really paid off for the Kasey and Michelle with their losses taking them to the top of the charts.

Blue
Hamish needed to lose 3.4 kilos to stay above the line, and weighed in at 3kg under his previous weight, putting him up for elimination.

Elimination

Despite the Blacks having a rule that the lowest percentage-loss will go up, Graham has a better idea. He knows that if the teams vote on loyalty lines it will be 3-3 and that the person eliminated will be the one with the lowest percentage. Therefore if Alex goes up against Hamish, Hamish will stay, but if Graham goes up, Hamish will leave. Simon declares it a “risk” but they go through with the plan.

As predicted, the first votes go Red for Hamish, White for Graham. Selena takes her turn to vote and she decides to stick it to her team-mates in voting for Hamish, taking him to three votes and making him the Biggest Loser loser of the day. Any bonding the whites did in exile – and I doubt there was much – has surely been undone. Does Selena need to ensure that she’s on the outer with her team so that she can collect examples of being bullied for her motivation? I can’t see a reasonable explanation for her behaviour, given that Hamish was gone either way.

Tune in next time for “old versus young”! And Selena can now work alongside Margie and declare her encouragement to be bullying!

Oh, and bye-bye Shannan.  Now you can go and monitor Luke’s progress.

*well, five minutes or so of pointless recapping

1 Ian { 03.06.12 at 8:14 am }

Goodbye, Lamish! I’ve never been less sympathetic toward a contestant on the show.

2 smauge { 03.06.12 at 9:02 am }

Hilarious that Selena voted for Hamish (but not as hilarious as he post-banishment hair). Can’t wait to see the fall out from that.
Not going to miss Augustus Gloop. Even in his end-of-show piece he didn’t look like he’d lost an ounce since he left BL. Why Michelle WHY????

3 drb123 { 03.06.12 at 1:31 pm }

@2smauge: Why Michelle WHY????

I think it’s called Stockholm syndrome

4 brain dead dave { 03.06.12 at 1:51 pm }

If Selena had that Paddle Pop Lion hair cut off ,she could have pulled some big numbers.

Hey, it’s not an alliance -it’s a “relationship”. Thanks for clearing that up, Lardia.

The Reds “trust ” each other,apparently. So much that the rotund razorback Margie would hide in the kitchen, necking a furtive cheese sandwich when she hears Lardia coming.

Why Michelle?

“You took the food right out of my mouth
Whoah ,it must have been while you were kissing me”

5 Andrea { 03.06.12 at 3:00 pm }

Margie just proved once again what a horrible person she is and she was very rude to Shannon, and Selena is just stupid turning her back on what her team agreed on. her hair looked a mess, please do the make overs soon! I cant understand the Michelle, Hamish thing either, he is 4 years younger than her and just looks like a little boy next to her. You can do way better Michelle! Have to disagree with Smauge, I think he did look like he’d lost a lot of weight at the end of the show, they said it was 30 kilos and he wants to lose another 25 to impress Michelle at the Grand Finale. Good luck with that Hamish!

6 littlepetal { 03.06.12 at 3:57 pm }

I think the winner will come from one of the 30’s and over. Those young puppies are dropping off like flies – only 3 puppies left.

7 Mahlia { 03.06.12 at 4:07 pm }

I suspect Hamish needed longer in the house to keep away from his mother – cause there’s something going on in that home that produces a 20 year old man with boy and mummy issues.

I think it’s sad that the Michelle Hamish thing is being pushed as boyfriend girlfriend. They’re not, they’re not even close – they never will be – and the sooner he understands that the healthier he will be.

8 Ashlee { 03.06.12 at 4:09 pm }

I thought Hamish looked better in the post-dismissal interview, he certainly looked like he had lost more weight. Whether or not the Hamish/Michelle romance is real I don’t know, but if it is, why do people feel the need to comment on who they choose to like? I was disappointed to see the Blue team the first to go.

9 Corey { 03.06.12 at 4:16 pm }

I’m annoyed that Hamish is gone, I found him and his little tantrums quite amusing. Watching him get stuck in to the boxing bag last night was quality. I hope Selina walks out from the ‘bullying’ that Margie seems to give her tonight and they bring back the hamster.

10 Ian { 03.06.12 at 4:29 pm }

I don’t get the “Margie is horrible” narrative, either. Selena has clearly demonstrated that she doesn’t care to be there, so why is it so bad that Margie decided to vote her out? I also see no issue with her giving lip to Shannan, who was behaving like a little brat in the weigh in. He should not try to influence the game outside of training his (now defunct) team. Margie is ultra competitive and would have none of it. I loved her leading the race back to the house after the midnight training session. She’s a riot!

11 littlepetal { 03.06.12 at 4:30 pm }

The story about Hamish doesn’t tally. I remembered in the first episode, Hamish was telling Shannan that he has takeaway food all the time. The only time he has a home cooked meal is when he visit his family and that is once a month!!!!

I don’t think the family is eating badly. His father was a professional cyclist and has ridden in the Tour De France. He should know what to eat. There must be an underlying reason to how Hamish behaves. He behaves like a spoilt brat. Maybe he has been spoilt by the family.

12 smauge { 03.06.12 at 4:37 pm }

Ian – Margie is a hypocrite. “Selena isn’t being honest about what she’s doing so she has to go” say woman hiding cheese sandwiches from her team.
Same with the red team carrying on about Lisa being chosen for the rock challenge. Obviously they chose Graham for his muscle-bound qualities. And the emotional black mail she attempted on Hamish? “What about all the time Lisa’s spent with you?” Trying to make him feel guilty about filling there cage.
She’s dishonest and deceitful.

13 brain dead dave { 03.06.12 at 11:47 pm }

Margie’s makeover should be pretty straightforward…put a bag over her head.

Her fantasy dress…. a pair of overalls.