Guest Post By Gabby Millgate On Excess Baggage And The Latest Elimination….

Gabby Millgate was unfortunately eliminated last night on Excess Baggage, but lucky for us she has written her swan song (well hopefully not her last blog post) here.

Over to you Gabby:

Dearest Youse!
My twitter friends and the curious gather round for the tale of the second human sacrifice on #excessbaggage-THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE
or
Two self sacrificing virgins

Even before we lost Benny and I both believe that it’s the way you play the game is important. That we help each other because the biggest prize  is the friends you win, and working together as a community makes us all stronger.

If we’re not fighting…what joy do can we bring?
If we’re not worrying…what are we imagining?
If we’re not serious…what lights up?

Benny, Mate…It’s up to you now. Give to yourself all that love and commitment that you give to other people…to yourself. I’ll do the same and let you know if it works.

I knew when we’d become as close as two fat people could when I could open up to you and asked you ( a 23 year old man from newcastle) what I (a glamorous movie star) should do if a guy poked me on Facebook. The answer was obvious to you “Finger bang him back”!  Like.

Aunty Christine…Look after Aunty Lisa. Tell Nathan I think he is a very funny clever man

Lana I swear to god next time I see you its ON! The old Orange Green rivalry. I will wrestle you like heavy velcro.

Kevin…I’m sorry Dr Jo and Christian took away the best drinkin’ buddy you’ll ever have the privilege to see throw up.

Thank you to everyone in Fremantle production and GO!/CH9.
Thankyou  tweeters. We’ve been through a lot together.  @talldark_clumsy inspired me to start the #virtualbuddy hashtag of support.

Thanks to the thousands of people who didn’t give up on us.
I want to stay in contact. So please leave a comment of contact me on @gabbymillgate, and I reckon I’ll continue to blog…just give me a week and I’ll be back.

Nigh Nighs everyone I reckon I’ve got a bit of recovery time from being thrown into a volcano of emotions.
Perhaps my lead will turn into gold?

Johnny, Brant I’m comin’ for a visit it sounds like heaven!

1 Gabby { 03.08.12 at 11:33 pm }

sorry my bad english

2 Reality Raver { 03.09.12 at 12:41 am }

Sorry my bad subbing, I am just writing up MKR recap and then I will have a re-look at it.

3 Pat Ireland { 03.09.12 at 9:30 am }

Gabby, you and Ben were robbed, I cannot believe what the judges said it is pure rubbish, I have faith that you 2 will Knock the socks of everyone. Pat

4 Gabby { 03.09.12 at 9:40 am }

Thanks Pat…

5 Rachel { 03.09.12 at 9:50 am }

Gabby,
I was sorry to see you eliminated last night.
I really thought that you and Ben were going to go all the way.
Your transformation has been really noticeable; not just physically but emotionally, too.

I hope that the positives you took from this experience will be what lingers in your memory when all the negative BS has long since faded away.

Keep up the good work, I (for one) found you to be a real inspiration.

Much love,
Rach xx

6 Mia { 03.09.12 at 12:11 pm }

Someone hand me a bottle of Selsun Blue because I am still scratching my head trying to understand the judges’ logic of sending Ben and Gabby home over Ajay and Matt. To me, by keeping Team Purple, they are sending the WRONG message that only winning challenges counts, not overall commitment, performance and growth from the very beggining of the competition. Very disappointing.

Gabby, I wish you and Ben all the best of health and happiness on the rest of your weight loss journey (and beyond). You’ve been a pleasure to have in my lounge room over the past several weeks. Look forward to seeing your fabulous selves at the finale.

7 Gabby { 03.09.12 at 12:25 pm }

I totes agree. Well know we know what we all stand for. That’s awesome as Kev would say

8 MJ { 03.10.12 at 2:16 pm }

Gabby and Ben

You have been my favourite team from the start of the show. I know this may sound scary but I actually cried when I saw this episode. The green team has had the most heart in the entire competition and that says a lot because everyone else has given so much. Maybe because the two of you came across as so understated but every time you both showed emotion or had something to say it really resonated with me. Gabby you have given me such strength and real courage. I may not be a movie star but I feel I have shared similar feelings to you and I have watched you gain courage and it has given me a really positive push. Thank you. Ben I watched one of the most decent human beings I have ever seen on TV in you. It truly is inspirational to know that there are people out there like you. I think you stand for someone who has amazing values and integrity and I loved watching you stand by your beliefs and do what felt right. Your both amazing. I really can’t understand why you were eliminated. I think Channel 9 are a bunch of knuckle heads and I probably won’t watch the rest of the show as I think their methodology is a bit incomprehensible. They obviously didn’t understand the real value of this show which something I don’t think Australia has ever seen before. It wasn’t a weight loss show at all. It was a show about people in the deepest most dignifying, “human” way. Thank you both for sharing and caring and giving so much. I really learnt a lot from watching. I guess the whole EB bunch are a great “family”. I have really enjoyed watching and I hope that one day Channel 9 or another station will have the good sense to bring this show back.

9 Gabby { 03.10.12 at 5:58 pm }

Dear MJ
yours has been my favourite well wish yet. And that’s saying something considering all the wonderful sentiments on facebook and twitter. Thankyou for calling me a movie star. I only use that job description when joining a gym. Ben wants to serve in his community as a police officer. I want to serve my community in a different way.
I want us to be fired up with happy imaginings and not robbed of our contribution by sadness.

I love what you said about the real value of the show. We all worked
together.
I learnt I needed to belong and I needed to be needed
I learnt that integrity is valued by Australians
Thats why (drum Roll)
I want to set up the Unreal Australia Party
I want to get 500 people to join
I want people to run in their area

EG: Cairns-AIM: To build the worlds biggest waterslide
from Kurranda to smithfield water park

The Constitution needs to be written

Something along the lines of…”We are all Unreal Australians who aim to make Australia more unreal by taking action on our unreal Ideas.”

Our Goals are always
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Relevant
Imaginative
Inspiring
and for the greatest good to all concerned

The Aim of the Party
To galvanise the unreal Australians into a group that takes action
on unreal ideas to make Australia more unreal.

To spark imaginative debate, so that Australians play their part in imagining how
Australia can be more unreal in their local Area.

To inspire the nation to enjoy looking forward to how unreal Australia could be.

To connect the dreamers with the doers so that we take advantage of the limitless renewable imagination
of the most innovative nation on earth

To represent the qualities of helping yer mate, being fair dinkum, respectfully disrespecting,
goin for it, loyalty to the team and well wishes for all.

PARTY SONG

IT’S WHERE WE ALL BELONG

UNREAL AUSTRALIA’S STARTED
FOR THE BOLD AND THE LIGHT HEARTED
AND WE ALL FEEL
IT’S MORE UNREAL
WITH THE LIKES OF YOU…

(TO THE TUNE OF WALTZING MATILDA)
UNREAL AUSTRALIA
UNREAL AUSTRALIA
YOU’LL MAKE AUSTRALIA UNREAL WITH ME

AND WE DREAM AND WE WATCH
AND HELP EACH OTHERS BILLY BOIL
YOU’LL MAKE AUSTRALIA UNREAL WITH ME.

What do you think MJ?

10 MJ { 03.16.12 at 2:17 pm }

Gabby

I think your unreal! Were do I sign up?
I have started to dream. Not exactly along the grand scale of a waterside… but I have started to exercise, lose weight, to think about changing jobs, doing something for the community, connecting with friends and most of all ENJOYING MY LIFE! Thanks again.

MJ