The Biggest Loser – Meaghan Trattles Has Put Back All The Weight She Lost On The Show

Meaghan Trattles who was on The Biggest Loser on 2009 with her mother Julie lost 36 kgs on the show, however just three years later she is 106.6 kgs nearly the weight she was when she went on the reality TV program.

She told New Idea that she kept the weight off for two years after the show but after her parents split up and had a messy divorce the weight came piling back on.

She also said that she felt helpless and worse than when she appeared on the show.

In the interview she said:

‘[With The Biggest Loser] you’re completely cut off from the outside world and you don’t know how to deal with life as well. I couldn’t put the balance together outside the house,’ she says.

Meaghan tried dieting to shift the weight, but when she failed to lose the unrealistic numbers she did on the show, she gave up.

Personally I think it is a bit harsh blaming the shows weight loss techniques for her putting on over 30 kilos considering she had managed to keep it off for two years.

Anyway she is now going to participate in another Biggest Loser contestants program to help her shift the weight. Adro Sarnelli who won Season One holds six-week retreats called The New Me, which concentrates on the reason why people gain weight, not just how to lose it. She tells the magazine she aims to lose 30 kgs by her 30th birthday in April. I am presuming that is April 2013.

Photo from OK Magazine.

1 JaniceG { 03.12.12 at 4:21 pm }

Shame. I’d be very curious to know whether her mom also gained most of the weight back, as it sounds like she has probably been under stress as well.

2 brain dead dave { 03.12.12 at 4:24 pm }

“She said she fell into her old unhealthy habits – drinking every night, ordering take away and ditching exercise.”

Isn’t that what being a normal Au$$ie is all about?

The tragic after story/alibi is a new bell and whistle.

3 littlepetal { 03.12.12 at 4:34 pm }

Don’t blame Biggest Loser for the weight gain. She did learn something from BL. I don’t agree with BL for the quick weight loss and also it is not realistic as we can’t exercise for 4 to 5 hrs a day!!!. But they do learn that you have to eat healthily and you need to exercise whether you like it or not. That is why you need to find something you like to do, walking, swimming, biking etc and also at higher intensity. Don’t tell me you are exercising say 40mins a day because you are walking the dog!!!. If intensity is low you will have to spend more time exercising.

Meaghan is just not motivated. Again she want quick fix-to lose 30kgs in less than 8weeks!!! She may be able to do it (by not eating!!) as she has a goal. Once she reach that goal then what? She will have to eat more and the weight will pile up again.

Didn’t another contestant has been to Adro’s Retreat? The one that sing and piled the weight back on and blamed BL

4 brain dead dave { 03.12.12 at 4:38 pm }

“We guarantee you’ll leave Adro’s Retreat with a thin….wallet.”

5 Andrea { 03.12.12 at 4:48 pm }

RR. What about putting up a post about the Biggest Loser episodes? it seems to be forgotten lately and people may like to comment on the nightly shows just like MKR. I buy New Idea so I’ve read this weeks issue. These past contestants like Meaghan and Chez from The Block just want to be back in the lime light again. Meaghan had kept the weight off for two years so she must have learnt something ! Is she going to keep blaming the Biggest Loser for the rest of her life? Please talk about the new series.

6 imaketheshow { 03.12.12 at 5:32 pm }

A shame she put on the weight again but please… stop blaming TBL. If you are struggling to maintain weight loss see a health professional, dont just binge and put it back on and then blame the show. These people have been given a lifeline to lose weight – they take it and then take it for granted.

7 Moo { 03.12.12 at 8:47 pm }

Always blame others for your mistakes; never yourself!

8 smauge { 03.12.12 at 9:07 pm }

Andrea – RR has been to America and in the last 24 hours has been fighting jetlag to binge watch programs on our behalf. I’m sure she’ll be back on top soon.
imaketheshow – don’t forget she also blamed her parents for having a messy divorce. She needs to grow up and take some responsibility.

9 Andrea { 03.13.12 at 12:21 pm }

Thanks Smauge, I didn’t know that. I thought Anthony was going to be helping her? I agree with imaketheshow, she’s an adult, her parent’s divorce was their business, nothing to do with her weight gain.

10 littlepetal { 03.13.12 at 7:14 pm }

RR- She is turning 30 this year and not 2013. It’s possible to lose 30kg in a year. In fact that should be the way to go in losing weight but these contestants in the BL camp want to lose big number each week. Thus Mheagan want to lose 30kgs in 8 weeks!!!!! She will starve herself to achieve that!!!

11 Panda { 03.19.12 at 8:57 pm }

If none of you have been on the show you have no right to comment. It doesn’t matter what your age if your parents have a horrible divorce it impacts you. It is one thing to get through a crap day at work and not binge but the big stuff in life is what knocks you down. Give her a break…you guys are probably the people that would give her the looks and comments out in public…..shame.

12 smauge { 03.20.12 at 7:01 am }

Have you been on the show Panda? Just wondering, seeing that you’ve commented on here now.

13 Georgie { 03.20.12 at 7:39 am }

Hahaha. I can imagine the million plus people watching RTV and fit to burst because they’re not allowed to say anything.

14 JaniceG { 03.20.12 at 8:08 am }

Panda – Once someone agrees to be on a show like this, they become a public figure and yes, people do have a right to comment on it (just as, I might add, they have a right to comment on anything else that catches their fancy!) Commenting here is certainly *not* the same thing as making negative comments to the individual in person. As for the subject itself, although a period of indulgence is understandable under pressure, gaining 30 kilos is not the result of a momentary lapse due to circumstances.

15 brain dead dave { 03.20.12 at 9:23 am }

My parents got divorced, Panda ,and it didn’t turn me into a whale. If roughly one in two marriages fail, shouldn’t there be a whole lot more fatties out here? You sound insane.

16 crickets { 03.20.12 at 10:07 am }

Do you guys have a sms alert or something – it must be a great day for you all when you get to lynch a passing poster all together like this. But trust the master of verbal abuse to have the last word.

Hope you women are proud of yourselves – your lives must be empty as hell to expend so much venom on the internet and to form such a sick little posse.

We’re supposed to email RR when we find such things offensive, Sorry I have a fulltime job already, RR, and that would be a full time job.

17 brain dead dave { 03.20.12 at 10:13 am }

You can go back to peeling potatoes now.

18 Georgie { 03.20.12 at 10:50 am }

So who SMS’d you crickets? Or were you just passing by, looking for something to get out of your hole about.

19 Reality Raver { 03.20.12 at 2:16 pm }

Come on guys please don’t attack each other.

I think the essence of the story is that The Biggest Loser in this case cannot be blamed for her weight gain. I think when everyone has something sad/bad happen to them we all have our crutches food, booze, drugs or inertia.
I don’t think the Biggest Loser is healthy in its weight loss philosophy but I also think it gives people an opportunity to transform their lives. Even if most of them just plateau after leaving the show they have still lost a hell of a lot of weight.
Anyone who has struggled with weight issues, and I will raise my hands to that, it can be really difficult to shed as we all know the eat healthy/less weight loss formula but sometimes it is emotionally or mentally hard to do. I think sometimes you just have to own it and try not to blame other people or in this case the show for not being able to do it.

Andrea – just getting back on top of Biggest loser now. Injera was posting a bit on it whilst I was away. I think it has been a good season after a slow start.

Panda – I think most people feel sympathy for Megan however I think the comments here are don’t blame the show this time. I know other contestants have struggled once they have been out of the house because all the support is pulled from them. I have to be honest I would struggle to recognise a lot of the biggest Loser contestants out in public either fat or skinny, for some reason they don’t stick in my mind like other contestants do. My memory is not great.
Also I think once she puts herself out there in what was probably a paid mag article she does open herself up for both sympathy, support but also criticism.

20 Andrea { 03.20.12 at 3:32 pm }

Thank you RR, your comments are much appreciated, I enjoy reading your recaps of all shows.

21 littlepetal { 03.20.12 at 5:57 pm }

I am sure Andrea is happy now:)

22 Panda { 03.20.12 at 9:08 pm }

Brain dead Dave … Fat as a whale! Lovely words there and so mature. I never said that she shouldn’t blame the show. No I haven’t been on there and do not need to. I was simply stating that until you walk in someone elses shoes you really don’t know what tips them over the edge with their issues. Wow someone sticks up for a person and a stack of people attack that person.

23 littlepetal { 03.20.12 at 9:12 pm }

Panda-You need to read RR post again. Can’t that the heat??

24 JaniceG { 03.20.12 at 9:38 pm }

Panda – You seem to be equating disagreeing with your position with attacking you. I know I’m not the only one who did not include an attack in my comments.

25 Georgie { 03.20.12 at 9:40 pm }

Hmm – just read your own first post Panda and then tell me again, honestly, who attacked whom.

26 Andrea { 03.20.12 at 10:52 pm }

Hey Panda and Crickets, calm down .There would be no point in any one getting on these posts if we weren’t allowed to voice our opinions, that’s the whole point of it! We don’t always agree with each other either but that’s the idea of it! BDD is a funny guy and we don’t all lead empty lives thank you! Chill out and feel free to join our little posse, the more the welcome!

27 Snowfairy { 04.04.12 at 6:03 am }

Panda is absolutely right! Pamda simply made a comment
and it seems some just couldn’t help themselves but to go off on a tangent!!! Sheesh!

28 paul b { 12.04.12 at 3:00 pm }

this beautiful, young woman opens her heart for advice and doesn’t this witch burning/kagaroo court.i’d love to take long walks with her.it would kill me but i’d be motivated by reminding myself to look at her lovely smile.

29 Culinary Boner { 12.04.12 at 3:17 pm }

paul b, I’d also gladly welcome her (and Ajay of course) to the ‘treadmill of love’ which is my vibrating waterbed.
Hopefully for Ajay’s sake, Meaghan’s open-minded and versatile.

30 The Oracle { 12.04.12 at 5:27 pm }

Hmm..nice little advertisement for Adro’s Fat Farm..obviously they haven’t listed the prices!..$17,000 ouch!

31 The Oracle { 12.04.12 at 5:30 pm }

CB…Hopefully you will have taken out accident insurance.:)

32 Culinary Boner { 12.04.12 at 7:32 pm }

Good point The Oracle. In the circumstances I could be considered the wheat grain trapped between two boulders on a stone mill. What a way to go! Bump and grind…bump and grind…