Dancing With The Stars Cast For 2012 Announced

While you are waiting for the MKR recap (sorry jetlag has got me being his bitch, but let me assure you the recap is a cracker), give me your thoughts on the cast for this year’s series of Dancing With The Stars.

Most names had already been leaked except for a 25 year ironman called Caine Eckstein who goes into the who the hell is he file?

Here is the list:

• Kerri-Anne Kennerley, TV icon
  • Brendan Fevola, AFL superstar
  • Johnny Ruffo, X Factor sensation
  • Danielle Spencer, Singer/Songwriter
  • Erin McNaught, Television presenter
  • Jessica Watson, Solo yachtswoman
  • Zoe Cramond, Actor, Packed to the Rafters
  • Vogue Williams, International DJ
  • Shannon Noll, Singer/Songwriter
  • Brian Mannix, 80s Rock legend
  • Caine Eckstein, Ironman

There appears to be little eye candy for the over 35 woman here. I do confess to having had a crush on Brian Mannix 25 years ago, but since he is still carrying the same look since that time, that ardour has well and truly faded.

At the moment I think Danielle Spencer and Kerri-Anne are my favourites.

Mel B will be the new co-host with Daniel Macpherson, and the judges stay the same, they are Helen Richey, Todd McKenney, and Joshua Horner.

No news on a premiere date, however it will be on Channel Seven.

1 donae { 03.13.12 at 11:19 am }

Caine Eckstein is eye candy for ANY woman

2 Calliegirl { 03.13.12 at 11:55 am }

Looking forward to watching Shannon Noll. They will have to get a tiny woma for Brian Mannix as he is on the small side. Lol that he hasn’t changed his look since way back. My daughter was crazy about him as a teenager and actually met him. But now she towers over him!
Cannot imagine Brendan Fevola dancing at all – two left feet?? But I could be wrong.

3 Reality Raver { 03.13.12 at 12:46 pm }

Donae – I just googled him – he does nothing for me.

Calliegirl – I worry about Brendan’s likeability cannot see him getting far, but I am always wrong about the AFL players as it is outside of my sphere of knowledge being NSW based.

4 Calliegirl { 03.13.12 at 12:50 pm }

RR – you are not missing a thing – could I just say ‘big dumb ox’ who has had lots of chances, but always managed to stuff up. Doesn’t even play AFL anymore – as no team will have him. Plays in a Country League, I think…

5 Antonella { 03.13.12 at 1:04 pm }

oh Gosh…this show is still on?….

6 Andrea { 03.13.12 at 1:15 pm }

I will only watch while Kerri-Anne is on, she deserves to win after Channel 9 dumped her.

7 Chunks { 03.13.12 at 2:58 pm }

Johnny Ruffo AND Shannon Noll in lycra – what’s not to like? Brian Mannix looks scarier than he did when he was Molly’s protege and Brendan Fevola is a pig who used up all his second chances a long time ago.

8 smauge { 03.13.12 at 8:03 pm }

Hes playing for Yarrawonga, Calliegirl. Don’t discount his likability factor yet. I would never have thought I’d like Kevin Federline, but you never know do you!
I’d be watching this for Bwian Mannix alone. He’s such a character.

9 kess { 03.14.12 at 2:58 pm }

How amazing I’ve actually heard of most of these people!

I will watch for Ruffo & Scarey, they were fun on Xfactor, and reckon they could have difficulty stopping Scarey from jumping in and dancing.