My Kitchen Rules – So Who Are Going To Be The Villains Now?

Thomas and Carla deserved to go home because of their crime against seafood. Who would blend up beautiful looking Moreton Bay Bugs and turn them into Bug Cakes and killing any taste of the meat by adding in a load of chilli sauce?

Tonight it was Megan and Andy and Carla and Thomas facing elimination. Clearly the teams had moved on from the campsite in Port Douglas as they were now standing in a five star resort called the Elandra in Mission Beach.

Unfortunately for the teams there was a twist to tonight’s elimination, and instead of having carte blanch to cook what they wanted for their three course meal their menu had to feature key ingredients, moreton bay bugs, macadamia nuts and mango.

Carla and Thomas served Moreton Bay Bugs Cakes for entree, main was Paneer and Macadamia Kofta with a Coriander Sauce, and dessert is Mango Cream with a Coconut Tuile.Carla said their menu was thai inspired – isn’t Kofta more indian? As is the cardamon that went into their dessert.

Carla took responsibility for the entree, whilst Thomas did main, and he was getting very up tight with his Kofta’s and was refusing to help plate up the entree with Carla.

But the nightmare did not end there, as when he started cooking the koftas they ended up collapsing, and he was getting a tad hysterical yelling out “just stay away from me” and “I am not going to get it done”, and finally “I just don’t want to do this anymore”, and he also teared up whilst cooking them.

It was no surprise when the judges criticised the way they were showcasing the seafood. Guy thought they were OK but a bit thick.

Their main of Kofta did look dreadful on the plate however Pete Evans thought it tasted better than it looked.

Their dessert of Mango Cream again was a shocker as it did not set. It was unclear whether Carla started it in the time between entree and main, but if not maybe they had not given it time to set. With a dodgy tuile and a runny sauce with yellow colour it really looked like an infected wound.

Megan and Andy making a Mango Salsa with Prawns and Rocket, Angel Hair Pasta with Moreton Bay Bugs, and Pear and Macadamia Tart. Megan is such a control freak trying to oversight everything, when it is Andy who is the better chef. As he said “Go do something else I am the one who has made this sauce before”.

Pete and Manu again were disparaging about the fruit and seafood mixed together, however the four guest judges gave it the resounding thumbs up.

For their main Megan had cooked her pasta 30 minutes early and it ended up being over cooked but the sauce accompanying looked delicious.

The judges liked the pear and macadamia tart but they were criticised for over whipping the cream

Megan and Andy scores were good. Karen gave a 7, Tobie gave a 7, Liz gave a 6, and Guy gave a 7. Manu scored them a 7, and Pete gave a 7. This gave them 41 out of 60.

Carla and Thomas not so great. Karen scored them a 6, Liz gave a 5, Tobie gave a 5, and Guy a 6. Manu scored them a 5 , and Pete a  5. Which gave them 32 and Thomas and Carla were eliminated.

Thomas and Carla were certainly polarising and were a great team to love to hate but who is going to be the next villain? Princess Jen and Leigh will certainly step up to the plate, but I also think Megan has the potential to turn into a nightmare.

1 JM { 03.13.12 at 9:40 pm }

For the duration of the series I have waited for the Evil Thomas to be eliminated but tonight I was hoping that “Darl” and “Darling” Megan & Andy would be kicked off the show. Honestly, if I hear the Megan or Andy call each other Darl or Darling one more time I’ll do an Elvis and shoot the TV. It is really becoming offensive.

2 littlepetal { 03.13.12 at 9:46 pm }

I think the NZ team is also getting on to my nerves. Maybe it is just the way Meg speaks. Thank God hubby who is a Kiwi doesn’t speak with that accent.

3 Georgie { 03.13.12 at 9:53 pm }

Jennifer has Betty Davis eyes!

4 My Kitchen Rules: Thomas Was Interviewed In TV WEEK And He Would Do It All Again | reality ravings { 03.13.12 at 10:00 pm }

[…] Reality Raver Thomas from My Kitchen Rules was eliminated tonight (see blog post on the episode here) and at the time he appeared to have defeatist attitude, but he tells TV WEEK he would do it all […]

5 Georgie { 03.13.12 at 10:00 pm }

Make that ‘Bette’ Davis.

6 brain dead dave { 03.13.12 at 10:04 pm }

Unhandy Andy often sweats into the food,which never fails to make me sick.

7 Georgie { 03.13.12 at 10:12 pm }

Tom Toe Jam certainly is an explosive device – imagine needing to rely on him in a real life crisis. What a hot head.

I have to admit to laughing at his kofta discomfort tonight – all red faced, sweaty and blustering vehemence.

But yes, I’m going to miss the cretin.

8 littlepetal { 03.13.12 at 10:15 pm }

Did you notice how Carla has to speak to Thomas like a child? Carla works with children and have learnt to how to speak to children and obviously she is treating Thomas like a child. No wonder she dumped him. Under pressure Thomas is a pain in the you know where.

9 sue N { 03.13.12 at 10:23 pm }

soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy he is gone- what a revolting little man- and delusional to the end!!! and as for his dummy spit behaviour- how old is he????? I would hate to rely on him for anything- professionally or personally.

10 Reality Raver { 03.13.12 at 10:26 pm }

Sue N he is 25.

11 Alster { 03.13.12 at 10:29 pm }

Did someone turn the oven up intentionally ie when Megan and Andy’s cakes/tarts were in the oven?!

12 JaneyT { 03.13.12 at 10:33 pm }

You are all SO POLITE

Thomas is a TOOL. He can’t cook – and MKR IS trying still marketing itself as a a cooking show rather than a realith show. Thomas cries.He is a pussy. Carla is just sad.

Thanks for contribuiting to the complete ruinitation of MKR.

What a waste of what – in Season One – was a perfect show.

Just sad really.

13 sue N { 03.13.12 at 10:33 pm }

25, going on 3!!! (& it was a rhetorical question, lol ;-))

14 Francis { 03.13.12 at 10:48 pm }

I am a Victorian and I will always support my own state. In this Case I am glad that they’re gone. I wasn’t a proud victorian when i first watched them cook.

15 Rosie { 03.13.12 at 10:57 pm }

>>Who would blend up beautiful looking Moreton Bay Bugs and turn them into Bug Cakes and killing any taste of the meat by adding in a load of chilli sauce?

Yes, this! Thanks, RR for pointing out such a hideous crime against bugs!

As for Thomas, just ugh. A tiny bit of me wanted him to stay so we could continue picking on him, but after tonight, I just wanted him the fuck away from my TV screen.

I must one of the very few not to mind the EnZeders. Yis, the iccent is strong, but thet doesn’t bother me.

But who are the new villains? Hmm. Angela and Justine give me the irrits a fair bit, but their cooking is not all that great so they are bound to go soon.
I could say the same about Megan and Andy if it comes to that. I’ve had to stop calling my husband “darling”because they make it seem like a term of abuse.

Meanwhile, while I don’t consider myself all that polite, JaneyT, I am really enjoying this season.

Oh, one more thing. I burst out laughing when Manu said to Thomas that their cooking had really improved since their first effort, “and thank God for that”.

16 Marie { 03.14.12 at 12:02 am }

It was such a relief to read the first two comments JM and littlepetal! I have been hanging out for the downfall of Thomas and all of a sudden I was hoping that Megan and Andy would leave this episode. Huh, how did that happen? The NZ team have annoyed me for a long time. Every time Meg starts speaking I want to mute the TV and it is nothing to do with her accent.

I actually gained a lot of respect for Carla this episode. The way she patiently dealt with Tom as he fell to pieces and remained relatively positive, doing her best until the end. I think she would make a good teacher!

Am I the only one who thought Helen looked stunning tonight? Her hair and dress looked really beautiful and she was generally well put together. Very respectable given the apparent heat!

17 Cheryl { 03.14.12 at 1:54 am }

Such a non-event in the end. It looks like it might have been Thomas’ idea to go on the show in the first place but Carla is definitely the one who was better prepared for it in the end. Her patience with Thomas was amazing and if they ever do end up dating she will end up in the “mum” role so Carla, my advice is to run far far away.

Somewhat disappointingly the ad for next week says there are 5 eliminations. I thought the show was rating well enough that they would drag it out rather than speed it up, I guess even editors can’t do wonders if the original production schedule had lots of eliminations in a short period of time. That means we might only have 2 weeks left :(

18 RU4Real { 03.14.12 at 8:48 am }

The little wingeing prick is finally gone, thank the heavens.
“learned this recipe in India,” my arse……..read it in a book the night before and stuffed it up anyway. This little pion should have been disqualified after the first fixing of votes saw Emma and Andrew go.

19 kleenex mum { 03.14.12 at 8:50 am }

I know its a cooking show…. and im glad thomas is out, BUT WHAT IS WITH ALL THE HAIR STYLES…………Megan looked like she had a growth on her forehead.

20 Mia { 03.14.12 at 8:51 am }

I really hope Carla was alone watching last night’s episode go to air, and I hope she was able to take in the way Thomas treats her. I hope she realises what a self absorbed, childinsh, delusional little wanker he is, and drops him from her life completely.

21 Mrs T { 03.14.12 at 9:24 am }

I enjoyed watching Thomas & Carla lose but who am I going to hate now? Maybe Leigh & Jennifer?
I think the MKR hair stylist is a one trick pony, all the women had braids or high hair, maybe the humidity?

22 paulski { 03.14.12 at 9:35 am }

Thank god for that – if I’d heard another “babe”, I think I would have thrown something through the TV. And the grot is finally gone, halleluyah.

23 littlepetal { 03.14.12 at 9:36 am }

Cheryl-You are right. I have a look at the TV Guide and there will be elimination on Sun, Mon, Tue. (TV guide only up to Tue). They also mention it will be the final week the week after. It means the series want to finish before Easter and Celebrity Apprentice will start soon.

Those who miss Peter and Gary, Thomas and Carla, don’t fret, they will be back soon, sooner than you think and I hope they will be fair.

24 LouLou { 03.14.12 at 10:25 am }

Mrs T, I’m way ahead of you. I haven’t been a big fan of Leigh and Jennifer since the beginning.

25 Cookie { 03.14.12 at 11:17 am }

RR- your description of T&C’s dessert was spot on!

“With a dodgy tuile and a runny sauce with yellow colour it really looked like an infected wound.”

I will miss T&C. They were dysfunctional and abhorrent but entertaining. Megan and Andy give me the shits and I find them quite boring. And what was with Megan’s “Something about Mary” hairstyle? Where DID she get that hairgel?

26 Calliegirl { 03.14.12 at 12:25 pm }

Really loved this episode – especially the high hair on Megan etc. It makes me wonder how long they actually get between being told what to cook, use in cooking etc and when they have to actually decide what they will cook (if that makes sense)!!

27 nanaliz { 03.14.12 at 12:52 pm }

T & C were on Sunrise this morning and Carla sounded quite ‘normal’ when not having to deal with her childish partner. here is link to interview.

28 Chunks { 03.14.12 at 2:03 pm }

Fromthe Sydney Morning Herald recap. LOL, nasty: ‘Thomas & Carla are also preparing, though Carla is somewhat disheartened having to shell 35 Moreton Bay Bugs for their entree – “they’re so small,” she says, and Thomas gives her a sideways look like he’s heard it all before. ‘

29 Anna { 03.14.12 at 2:34 pm }

Who do you think tonight’s VIPs will be? My guess – the contestants nearest and dearest maybe?

30 Cherry Gripe { 03.14.12 at 3:06 pm }

Maybe Megan had Voldemort hidden in her hair? You never know – that quiff was big enough.

Megan and Andy do a nice number in annoying bogan, so maybe we can hate on them now. I’d also be willing to nominate Angela and her mate because they can be really punch-worthy.

31 paulski { 03.14.12 at 6:27 pm }

Anna, one thing’s for sure – if it’s that pisspoor excuse we have for a Prime Minister and her cronies, I’ll be changing the channel quicker than Seven can say “oops”.

32 Francois Gilbert { 03.14.12 at 7:00 pm }

What a relief to see that little man eliminated. He is a lousy cook and has such a foul mouth

33 Andrea { 03.14.12 at 7:20 pm }

Thomas was sweating too much and looked really grubby, why didn’t he shave and dress a bit neater? The food was awful and you wouldn’t want to eat it after watching him in the kitchen. The ‘babe’ thing is getting very annoying I agree!

34 brain dead dave { 03.14.12 at 7:25 pm }

Yawn, bringing politics to the blog. That’s what I call “pi$$poor”.

35 PollyB { 03.14.12 at 9:29 pm }

Big yawn over here too BDD.

36 paulski { 03.15.12 at 9:32 am }

Jesus christ, so sorry to offend your tender sensibilities. I thought it was a reasonable thing to bring up considering Masterchef did exactly that last year. Don’t worry, if that’s the shitty attitude of some of the people here, I won’t be wasting my time posting on these boards again.

37 Dutch Courage { 03.15.12 at 10:11 am }

Paulski, you just wanted to make a political statement. There are plenty of other forums where pathetic contributions like yours will be appreciated. Glad we have seen the last of you on here (if you keep your promise that is).

38 Bev { 03.15.12 at 11:13 am }

Good lord – leave the poor man alone, it was just a throwaway comment. If BDD made it you’d be all rolling on the floor laughing your arses off.

39 Dutch Courage { 03.15.12 at 11:21 am }

Bev, I hope you agree that BDD’s contributions are of a higher calibre, original and funny.

40 paulski { 03.15.12 at 11:40 am }

Two last things, then I’m done:

1) Thank you, Bev.
2) I’d rather be unoriginal and unfunny any day than make a cheap sniper attack on another poster.

Again, so sorry to have somehow upset people with a passing comment that I felt was relevant to the show at the time.

41 Rosie { 03.15.12 at 12:05 pm }

Except that politics is not relevant to this forum, Paulski. Had you said something about hoping a political figure was not appearing, that would be completely different from comment on said political figure, which is what you did.

42 carrot { 03.15.12 at 12:41 pm }

paulski’s comment might not have been 100% relevant but at least it’s still better than whats going on at the altiyan posts. the level of immaturity and cattiness is astounding (not from everyone but its easy to tell which ones)

43 Georgie { 03.15.12 at 1:15 pm }

carrot – “…..(….. but it’s easy to tell which ones)” –

What sort of lame comment is that? Of course it’s easy to tell – you only have to read it!

By the way – I don’t think your Altiyan comment is relevant to this thread.

Attention all vegies – I can hear the cook calling. Off to the kitchen with you now, it’s soup time.

44 carrot { 03.15.12 at 1:42 pm }

i know the altiyan comment was not 100& relevant here (ironic i know) but i guess the point i was making is that paulski’s original comment may have gone on an inappropriate tangent but the sentiment still had validity.
his subsequent comments show he has a brain so to lose his point of view from future posts would be a loss.