The Biggest Loser – Selena Basically Quits

Well Margie was working up a sweat and this time it was not through exercise. She thought she had everything covered if she was nominated by the white team the young pups, but when it was revealed the white team would be the only one voting she knew she could be vulnerable. Lucky for her, Selena was peeving everyone off, and also even though they dragged it out for the whole episode the girl from the Northern Territory ended up quitting.

Tiffiny basically told her that Camp Biggest Loser was a prison, and said Selena could not go until she was told to go. WTF? She can quit anytime she wants. However they wanted Selena to make it to the elimination room. However for Selena I suspect that will be the end of her weight loss regime because if you can’t be motivated in the Loser house where can you be motivated? She did lose 31.6 kgs which is a lot, hopefully she can keep that off until the finale.

Simon was struggling this week, even though he is getting a bit of romantic action in the house with Lisa. He said if he had known it was going to be this tough he would not have come on the show. Commando showed him some footage of  his sons and why he came in.

Also Tiffiny had a heart to heart with Michelle as she said she was struggling as well. Michelle put it down to having to prop up Selena, however it must have been about Hamish being eliminated. She can do so much better then him.

I suppose they had to try and put some drama in an episode where the person to be eliminated was known in the first five minutes.

The other thing was unfair was the tug of war, there was no way the young team was going win against a team with three males on it. Even ninja Tiffiny helping them out could not save them. They could have at least given them Commando.

Anyway it was weigh in time and there were some good figures lost.

Old dogs weigh in results:

• Alex lost six kilos and now weighs 123.3kgs;
  • Lydia lost  lost 5.1kgs and now weighs 106.6kgs;
  • Graham lost 6.1 kgs and now weighs 166.9 kgs;
  • Lisa lost 1.7 kgs and now weighs 83.1 kgs;
  • Simon lost 6.4 kgs and now weighs 128.9 kgs

Their total weight loss percentage was 3.99%.

The young pups team weigh in results were:

• Selena lost 3.8 kgs and now weighs 131.9 kgs
  • Margie lost 5kg and now weighs 121.8 kgs
  • Kasey lost 2.3 kgs and now weighs 104.2 kgs
  • Michelle lost 600gms and currently weighs 85.8 kgs

The pups were comprehensively beaten and Selena was “voted” out.

1 littlepetal { 03.13.12 at 7:37 am }

Selena will not be able to keep the weight off. She will put it back. Since leaving the house, she only lost 700g in 4 weeks!!!!!

I am sick of the Michelle and Hamish thing. There may be some friendship going on but don’t get them to act like lovebirds.

2 smauge { 03.13.12 at 8:24 am }

Prison? THAT’S how Tiffiny was trying to motivate her to stay? Tiffiny clearly has never watched the seasons she did not feature in or she would remember JJ jumping the fence and that blondie on the red team in season two, who lasted barely under a week before running back to her safe life. Neither runaway made it to finale night.

*SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT!!!*

I have a friend in Darwin who saw Selina last week and said she’s failed in the weight loss area. He said she was still carrying around the same girth as we saw on the show. Wonder if she’ll even go to the finale?

3 seepi { 03.13.12 at 9:28 am }

I think Selena’s future prospects are not good. She does have issues to overcome with her deafness, bullying and weight issues, but she has really taken on a defeatist victim mentality and I don’t know what can change that.

Perhaps an active job with kids would be good for her. I hope she finds her niche somewhere.

And we have now officially reached the point of Biggest Loser where I enjoy it a bit less – one of the contestants weighs about the same as me……

4 Andrea { 03.13.12 at 12:16 pm }

They had a big chance to vote out Margie and they blew it! How stupid are they? Margie would have no hesitation in voting anyone out that she thinks is a threat so I don’t know why they didn’t do the same! Selena would have gone anyway pretty soon after, she was always going on about leaving, it was annoying. She won’t keep the weight off, in the 4 weeks since leaving the show she’d hardly lost anything.

5 Mahlia { 03.13.12 at 12:28 pm }

Selina may have been harshly judged by the others for wanting to go home. It may be the Aboriginal culture is different in their relationship with family and wanting to lose weight might not be enough to forsake it.
I also think there must have been times when Selina, due to her disability, would have been out of the loop from the other girls and therefore she might not have formed the same bond as them in their commitment to weight loss.

I’m glad Margie is still there. She’s very entertaining.

6 Andrea { 03.13.12 at 2:54 pm }

Mahlia I get what you are saying but Selena knew what she was signing up for and its not for ever so she should have made the most of it. I think she would have bonded more with the girls if she had not been complaining all the time and worked with them as a team. I love my kids too but regularly go without seeing them for months due to distance so I understand she would have missed them, but she also missed a great opportunity to change her life when other contestants had to go who wanted to stay. I agree Margie is entertaining but she is also very sly and a bully.

7 brain dead dave { 03.13.12 at 5:57 pm }

Best chance yet to eliminate the alpha male….Margie. I can think of at least 220,000 reasons to get rid of her.

8 Jenny Draut { 03.13.12 at 6:26 pm }

what is wrong with the OZ society, too many fatties!! why?? very simple, don’t blame other people, dont’ blame your onw genes, and once for all, dont’ blame the society for your failure, look at yourself then you can see the real reason why, if these people can’t even get motivated by a show like this, what chances can you have at home??? going back to the old way no doubt, I simply do not feel sorry for any of these people if they somehow die of their own doing, call me heartless all you can!! one less person clogging up our already bad bad bad health system!!

there is more, when I hear the stories about people abusing the health system using tax payers funded money to have surgery to help them lose weight only to return for the second or third just because they cannot face the truth and indulge in their old ways again!! how sickening it is!! my hard earn dollars go to waste!!! talk about being heartless folks.

9 brain dead dave { 03.13.12 at 6:54 pm }

I generally agree with that, Jenny,however I’m prepared to cut Selena a lot of slack as indigenous women are usually cited in sociology books as the most socially disadvantaged group in Australian society. Combine that with her disability and I think the white whales on TBL have had it a lot easier. No mercy for them.

10 Andrea { 03.16.12 at 12:37 pm }

RR, please don’t forget to update The Biggest Loser, lots of interesting stuff happened with Margie and Simon last night!