Curtis Stone Clearly Now An Alpha Chef As He Takes A Swipe At Jamie Oliver

Curtis Stone is obviously feeling like he is one of the alpha chef’s at the moment as he has a swipe at Jamie Oliver for being overweight.

Curtis Stone who now lives in the US and is host of Top Chef Masters and a judge on America’s Next Top Restaurant, was happy to give his opinion about the fracas Jamie Oliver had with a journalist here.

When the journalist suggested he might be being hypocritical about people watching their weight because he was a bit chubby,  he called her a bitch.

The Herald Sun reports that Curtis said on a talk show that Jamie needs to show more responsibility.

The article stated:

While co-hosting The Talk on Friday, Stone criticised the Brit for calling an Australian journalist “a bitch” when she questioned his weight during a visit last week.

The Aussie-born chef says Oliver should show more responsibility.

“The interesting part of this for me is that Jamie is a big voice and he preaches, you know his show is called The Food Revolution,” Curtis said.

“So, he’s there talking about healthy food and you’ve got to practise what you preach.

“I love Jamie. I think he’s a great guy. I think what he stands for is really important.

“We’ve all had different relationships with food – some great, some not so great. But when you’ve got a place in the TV world of responsibility, you’ve got to follow through.”

What do you think? Does Jamie Oliver have to stay in tip top shape to be able to get his message of healthy eating to the masses?

Jamie Oliver also filmed an episode of Masterchef Australia when he was here.

1 littlepetal { 03.15.12 at 3:38 pm }

Yes, Jamie has put on a few kgs but he is not obese. There are lots of chefs who are just abut to explode. Peter Gilmore come into mind. At least there is someone who is using his time and profile to promote healthy eating and not just sitting on his ass. Go Jaime. I do have a soft spot for Jamie.

2 imaketheshow { 03.15.12 at 4:15 pm }

I think the thing is is that we all remember when Jamie was the number one television chef in the world – he was fit, young and full of energy. Now he looks a bit old, is chubby and lacks huge appeal. So for him to be preaching about good food yet still look chubby, its a bit hypocritical.

Im saying this whilst eating an oversized lollipop so maybe I shouldnt judge!

3 Sares { 03.15.12 at 5:10 pm }

Jamie’s weight is his business and i don’t subscribe to his Food Rev so it doesn’t affect me … but.. if i was looking for diet advice i certainly wouldn’t go to an overweight person for it. Sorry but i wouldn’t!

4 Elizabeth { 03.15.12 at 5:14 pm }

The first thing I noticed in Jamie’s ad was that he looked pudgy, pasty, in need of a shave, and most definitely not the picture of robust good health. I don’t believe that being a little overweight makes you unhealthy but his appearance was unconvincing. If you’re advocating eating for health then you need to look the part.

I also don’t warm to his style which has become a little smug and superior – “Come on, Australia” indeed! He is not the only person advocating healthy eating.

And to end with a little pedantic rant: I also wish he (& many others) would learn how to pronounce “contribute” correctly.

5 Marie { 03.15.12 at 6:32 pm }

Woah, Curtis mate, friendly piece of advice: don’t go there you dolt. Jamie is like, a food and media god to the public so you will lose. Calling a journalist or any human a ‘bitch’ is unacceptable, haven’t people learned anything from Kyle S’s outburst?

And as for hypocritical and dishonest well, I think the same thing about Curtis every time I see a Coles ad. . .

6 brain dead dave { 03.15.12 at 7:37 pm }

Curtis seems to have conveniently forgotten that he’s Coles’ bitch.

Eat to live or live to eat, that is the question. Jamie didn’t act very “pukka” when confronted about it,yeah?

I don’t bother to watch either of these guys and don’t feel the poorer for it.

This is hardly on the scale of Australia grinding to a halt when Frank Sinatra called Australian journalists “broads” and “hookers”.

7 tvaddict { 03.15.12 at 8:25 pm }

What Jamie actually said isn’t that bad “Thank you for noticing, bitch”

It completely depends on how he said it. It could either be dreadfully insulting or hilarious depending on his tone. Would need audio to judge it properly

8 Marepoppin { 03.15.12 at 9:35 pm }

Tvaddict is right. Context, everyone, is KEY. And no one likes to be told they are fat so the journo should have phrased it better

9 kess { 03.16.12 at 10:33 am }

Conflict of interest much?
Asking an advertiser (yes Stone is just an advertiser) to comment on a philanthropist and visionary….puzzles me…..

Wouldn’t the appropriate commentary be from other charitable/philanthropic people and visionaries?
Maybe Father Bob, Dick Smith, Bob Browne, or a health guru???

What’s Mr Coles go tto do with anything here?