My Kitchen Rules – Tom Is Not Deluded He Admits He Can’t Cook

Thomas admitted to the Telegraph that his cooking experience had been limited prior to the show. At times on the show he appeared to delude himself about the quality of the food he was plating up but it appears he reality has now set in.

He told the paper:

Thomas said they’ve also received criticism about their food on the internet but he doesn’t care because he had no cooking experience before going on My KitchenRules reality show.

“Occasionally when I go on the forums there’s people saying that we can’t cook,” he said.

“I just sit back and think ‘if you only knew what I think of my own cooking’.”

In fact, the Victorian pair wanted to take part in the televised cooking competition to learn more about food.

“When we entered the competition we weren’t there to win the money,” he said.

“We were there for a great experience, to travel the country, to learn about food and to make new friends.”

Wow it would be a pretty stressful experience if you can’t cook. Anyway if they wanted to raise their profiles to promote themselves or some projects they have certainly achieved that. They will be one of the more memorable couples from the 2012 season.

1 Shelsta78 { 03.15.12 at 8:07 am }

Seriously – way to make it look like you don’t care that you came across as a total know it all jerk off about food! That’s got to be the lamest back peddle I’ve ever seen.

In saying that, I’m not sure how the rest of the season will go without them to detest each episode!

2 smauge { 03.15.12 at 8:28 am }

I’m happy to be rid of them. Now we can all try and work out who’s going to win rather than who’s going to lose.
He’s backing up so quickly I’m surprised he didn’t start beeping.

3 drb123 { 03.15.12 at 9:00 am }

This is clearly damage control from a douche

4 Dr T { 03.15.12 at 9:43 am }

Better to be a douche than a turd sandwich drb123

5 sue N { 03.15.12 at 9:50 am }

isn’t Thomas both really??? – Dr T and drb123…;-)

6 Georgie { 03.15.12 at 10:38 am }

I don’t think it really matters what excuses he makes in the aftermath, it’s the visual memory of his behaviour that will live on in the minds of viewers.

Words are easily forgotten – it’s the pictures that stay with us.

If he ever shows his face on our screens again he’ll have a lot of work to do to convince us he’s become likeable.

7 oh daer { 03.15.12 at 10:40 am }

Congratulations to Channel 7 for coming up with a life-changing show. Even the fans are deluded to say that this is a cooking show and how this is “all about the food”. From this forum alone, one soon realises that it is all about how we hate this team and how we hate that team. And which other team do we hate now that the most hated team is gone.

Sometimes the hating is provided between the teams themselves when they each turned against each other.

I took a rest from watching the show for a couple of days. Stay away from the forums. And while struggling with the withdrawal symptoms, actually begin to feel normal again. But heck, we don’t need normal. Normal is boring.

Bring on the hate.

8 old fart { 03.15.12 at 11:02 am }

In what way would a podiatrist need to “raise his profile”? This does seem to be the notion of no-talent people regarding the use of the internet and reality tv. Absurd. Can’t see a sex-tape helping in this case. Yufe of today. Lemmings.

9 Georgie { 03.15.12 at 11:20 am }

Lol old fart – “In what way would a podiatrist need to “raise his profile”?”

I guess anywhere above the feet could be seen as ‘raised’, so maybe he could re-train as an optometrist.

10 kess { 03.15.12 at 11:39 am }

I don’t actually get why everyone hates him so much, to me he just seems like a kid, having an adventure, not behaving so great all the time, whatever. He just seemd like many a teen I know – so he’s immature, not unusual in yong men.

You surely can’t hate him for wanting to survive in a game show and playing strategy? Just as they ALL did last night, voting for the worst cooks and the warmest couple – but not for the food, all for strategy (winners should have been princess & the sisters for the food).

And anyone who gets all caught up in hate or anything that serious watching RTV cooking shows – you have more problems that any contestant your hating on.

11 Bruiser Brody { 03.15.12 at 12:03 pm }

then why would Carla ever keep commenting on “some people would do anything for $200,000” – why the pride in his completely slated lavender cheese cakes (which he still thought were perfect!) – why the spite in crushing the dreams of other ABLE cooks by strategically booting them from the show, when you now clearly admit you can’t cook…

There is another way for people to travel and learn cooking without the nation thinking lesser of you… um, its called travelling and cooking…

12 littlepetal { 03.16.12 at 12:33 pm }

I thought Thomas is going back to uni as he want to be a lawyer. Maybe that is the profile he wants. A nasty lawyer with no ethics.

On the show, he kept saying that he has cooked this or that umpteen times etc etc. I just thing he just can’t cook and now trying to save his embarrassment.

13 Dr T { 03.16.12 at 1:30 pm }

If he was going back to uni to learn to be a lawyer littlepetal, then he has clearly enrolled in the Dr Evil school of legal ethics

14 brain dead dave { 03.16.12 at 1:40 pm }

Can’t cook? He can’t operate a gas lighter. He’d stress out whipping up some two minute noodles.