My Kitchen Rules – Nic and Rocco Dish In A Good Taste Magazine From 2010

Eagle eyed reader Carly remembered she had seen Nic and Rocco’s dessert, Chocolate Rum Delight before in a Good Taste Magazine.

And the presentation does look suspiciously similar to the one they plated up. Not that you need to be original on My Kitchen Rules.

1 Marepoppin { 03.16.12 at 9:49 pm }

I want to climb into my phone and eat that dessert. One of the best I’ve ever seen

2 brain dead dave { 03.16.12 at 9:59 pm }

Bad boys….. whatcha gonna do when when they come for you?

It looked great last night anyway and it sure beats the hell out of Peter and Gary rooting through 70’s Women’s Weeklys for their culinary catastrophes.

Well spotted,Carly.

3 Anonymous { 03.17.12 at 1:21 am }

How do producers hide the recipes? No way you remember the exact measurements especially for desserts?

4 Dr T { 03.17.12 at 8:30 am }

Hey, they did manage to throw that together in 90 minutes.

The closest I can get is pancakes

5 AnnyB { 03.17.12 at 8:57 am }

Go to Taste.com.au and there you will find two similar recipes – one for Triple Chocolate Cheesecake (chilled) and the other Triple Layer Chocolate Cheesecake (baked). Neither has the embellishments as in the Good Taste picture. Still cudos to them for making this in the time frame.

6 littlepetal { 03.17.12 at 9:23 am }

They are home cooks and will have to use recipes from somewhere and then do some minor adjustment. Someone also mentioned and I did check the Gateau Opera is similar to the one that Gary did in the Masterclass in Masterchef.

Rocco is really good with dessert and also good with presentation. He is still single!!! I think not anymore after the appearance in MKR

7 kess { 03.17.12 at 4:05 pm }

Is Rocco the dark muscular one?
I love the little one with the mafia voice, his puppy dog eyes, so sad when his tart flopped, he’s adorable.

Go the Greeks, slaughter the Nzers, they picked the sweetest team to kick off the sourpusses – was that planned for the least transtas angst?

8 Fides { 03.17.12 at 5:50 pm }

Isn’t Rocco getting it on with Carly?

9 Gee { 03.19.12 at 12:03 pm }

Jennifer and Leigh used a Greg Malouf recipe when they cooked a whole salmon with tarator and tabbouleh. If contestants can pull it off in the time allotted, I don’t think anyone cares where they got their recipe. I also wonder how they hide their recipes – how can anyone remember the exact ingredients and quantities for so many dishes? And MKR really need to splash out on some blast chillers for the next series.

10 Good Grief!!! { 03.19.12 at 11:37 pm }

Get real people! So what if Rocco got the dessert recipe out of a magazine? That’s why recipes are published in magazines, for people to notice them, try them and learn from them. All of you critics – where do you get your special recipes from?

11 Reality Raver { 03.19.12 at 11:43 pm }

Good Grief!! I don’t think anyone is actually being critical here. Where is the criticism?

12 Georgie { 03.19.12 at 11:44 pm }

I think you should actually read the comments on this post Good Grief – I’m stuffed if I can see any criticism!

13 Elena { 03.20.12 at 2:15 am }

Come on this guys are not only Italian stallions but they can cook
My Italian stallion at home can’t even boil water . It just shows if you are pasiionate about something you can achieve anything .Great to see European men cooking for a change .