My Kitchen Rules – Manu Feildel Works Up A Sweat

My Kitchen Rules judge has hired a personal trainer to lose the weight he put on whilst filming the hit reality TV show.

The Daily Telegraph states he put on ten kilos in the latest series. Last year he lost it doing Dancing With The Stars, however this year he decided to get a trainer. Hopefully the paps will get shots of him soon doing push ups.

He was not the only one who put on weight whilst on the show. Woman’s Day reveals Thomas put on over 6 kgs, Peter put on over 10 kgs, Emma and Andrew also put on 5 kgs each.

Conversely Angela lost five kgs.

Justine also told Woman’s Day how she got her gastric band opened up for the show. Apparently she had the weight loss device put in five years ago and has lost 45 kgs. She has since had it re-tightened.

1 littlepetal { 03.21.12 at 6:50 pm }

Yes, I read that story about Justine’s gastric banding. Gee to have lost 45kg and still overweight, she will be an ideal contestant for BL. She said she has to ‘remove’ the band so she can eat on the show!!!! Obviously she is taking the band as a shortcut to lose weight.

2 littlepetal { 03.21.12 at 6:51 pm }

Oops forgot to mention that I would have train Manu for free!!!!!!!

3 Amy { 03.21.12 at 7:36 pm }

littlepetal, you have no idea what you’re talking about. I have friends with bands and read blogs of people with them and it is no shortcut. It’s a tool which aids people in weight loss. They still have to work hard at it. Perhaps you should do some research before making insulting, uninformed statements like that.

4 littlepetal { 03.21.12 at 9:30 pm }

Some do but they are many who don’t. They lost the weight is because they are eating less and it is hard work to work out what they can and cannot eat. Losing weight in the first place is hard work and some are easier options than others.

5 Georgie { 03.21.12 at 9:33 pm }

Not all gastric banding stories are happy ones. I personally know of one horror story and I’ve heard and read about others.

Gastric banding may work for some people but for others it’s seen as a quick fix and can end up causing more health problems than it solves.

6 Rosie { 03.22.12 at 1:17 am }

What Georgie said. As an ICU nurse, I have seen too many tragic cases where overweight people do think it’s the easiest way, and wind up with major medical problems.

Back on topic, I hope we get to see lots of shots of a shirtless Manu working out… *drooling*

7 Francois Gilbert { 03.22.12 at 6:46 am }

Justine was such a bitch giving such a low score to Andy & Megan.., pity because I liked her

8 Dr T { 03.22.12 at 11:46 pm }

Yes littlepetal, pull your head in.

I have a band, as well as being a medical doctor. It changes the amount I can eat, but not my desire to eat unfortunately. It is not a shortcut to weight loss – half the things I used to enjoy eating make me vomit now (including salads), and I am always the last one eating my meal at the table.

I think the reality is that the vast majority of people never lose the weight. Statstically, the only consistent way to lose and maintain weight loss is surgical at the present. The operations carry both short and long term risks, and other than bands they are not reversible (sleeve gastrectomies, gastric bypassess and biliopancreatic diversions).

The other point I’d make about weight loss is that it takes alot more self control than other addictions. Everyone needs to eat something to survive – you can’t forgo food. However there is not need to smoke, drink booze, gamble or do drugs to live.

Anyway, enough said.

I’m off to do my two 1/2 marathons for the year

9 Georgie { 03.23.12 at 8:35 am }

Dr T – there’s no need to be rude to littlepetal.

I think we’ve now established that, whichever procedure is chosen, it’s not intended to be a shortcut to weight loss, you still have to do the hard yards.

However, many people do see it as a quick fix to their weight problems and don’t do the hard yards – sometimes with tragic consequences. Of course as a medical man you’d already know this.

10 Georgie { 03.23.12 at 9:10 am }

Oops – *as a medical man*

I should have said *as a medical man or woman*.

11 kess { 03.23.12 at 10:07 am }

My sister is huge, had gastric band done as one of the early experiments – all it did was give her hernias, she’s bigger than she was.
I don’t understand the point of this approach, my sister’s problems are in her head not her appetitite, this surgery how can it ever work when overeaters have issues that are in their psyche not their stomache.

12 Culinary Boner { 03.23.12 at 4:29 pm }

*walks into conversation late, scratches head, looks around, sniffs loudly, dislodges phlegm and re-swallows it, notes everyone’s moved on to another post, thinks “oh well, fuck it, why were they talking about a really awful Scottish prog rock band” – http://www.myspace.com/thegastrics
scratches head, thinks “if Manu can’t get enough jiggy-jig to keep his gut in check, what hope for the rest of us”, walks off depressed*

13 Georgie { 03.23.12 at 4:39 pm }

BONER – your baaaaaaaaaack. Halle-fucking-lujah!

I thought you’d gone forever…

14 littlepetal { 03.23.12 at 5:03 pm }

CB-where have you been???? I gave the wrong info and tell Georgie that you went on a holiday.

15 brain dead dave { 03.23.12 at 7:18 pm }