Please Marry My Boy – Well The Plot Line For Milena Was Predictable

Well one plot line was predictable on Please Marry My Boy last night with Milena picking Andrea to be her son’s Vlad wife. It would not have mattered if Andrea had said to her “I am in fact a lesbian”, the mum would have picked the Serbian 22 year old.

Props to Liz for having a crack at Milena by saying “you opened your house but not your heart”. It does raise the issue of reverse racism, because as many commenters have raised if an anglo had said something like that on national tv they would have been villified for it. Perhaps Milena has been also.

Whether marriages between people of the same cultural background more successful then mixed ones is a debate that could be had. However I think in Australia in 2012 her views are definitely out of step with what the community thinks.

However the reason Vlad is still single could be him as well as his mum. He appears to have communication issues with women if this fracas on Facebook is anything to go by.

Matt’s mum Karen picked Amanda, and this could be the one relationship that does last. It was the bland meeting the bland.

It was surprising that Anne picked little Anna for Brendan, which shows that bold saucy girls don’t finish last after the nice girl. Edwina was what a lot of mothers might pick for their sons. She was beautiful, sweet, intelligent but just slightly contained. As mother-in-law’s go Anne would be a good one.

Interesting to know if Brendan and Anna are still seeing each other.

Lastly the delightful Alva picked Magdalena for her superficial son Tony. However I thought Tammy-Lee nearly got herself over the line with her speech about how she should not be judged on how she looks and that she did like Tony and would be a good wife. I suspect Tony who sees himself as a player will remain a player.

Fans of the show will have to wait to see if any of the boys have stuck with the girls. This should come out in the mainstream media in the coming week.

If you want to go on the show go here to apply.

1 Angel86 { 03.29.12 at 9:26 am }

The 4 guys are all on twitter and Tony and Tammy Lee appear to have already spoiled what went on afterwards with them. I think Magdalena would make a much better wife but thats just me. And I personally think she’s hotter than Tammy Lee too.

Milena was always going to choose Andrea, right from the very first week. And I think Liz deserves soooo much better than stupid spineless Vlad anyway. She’s dodged a bullet big-time.

I did wonder whether Karen chose Amanda over Koa because of Koa’s ‘modelling’ in the lads mags. Matt was probably the hottest guy in my opinion. So I hope he’s happy.

The only one that surprised me was Anne choosing little Anna, I thought Edwina would be chosen. As someone said in the other post, Little Anna will run rings around poor Brendan, lol. I think long-term, Edwina would be a better match once they had privacy and could open up to each other. But we’ll see.

2 Leop { 03.29.12 at 11:56 am }

I was hoping Edwina would be chosen – little Anna too scatty for Brendan imo.
I still feel Tammy Lee and Tony and if not Vlad and Liz will continue contacting each other now that the show is over.
Don’t think Vlad and Andrea matched well at all – Milena should marry her.
Tony had a sparkle in his eye each time he looked at TammyLee, being Magdalena I would have given him the bird.
Karen chose well with Amanda even tho I liked Koa lots too

3 Jess { 03.29.12 at 12:16 pm }

What is brendans twitter? I can’t find him?

4 Georgie { 03.29.12 at 12:32 pm }

I thought Vlad’s speech gave the game away last night – that he’d succumbed to his mother’s unwavering resistance.

Tony is a middle aged tart and will still be single when he’s an old aged tart.

Brendan had some great come-back quips for his mother’s comments last night – they are so alike he should be looking for someone who’s like her.

Matt – I think Karen chose the girl she hoped would offer the least resistance to her dominant role in the family. She often said Koa was very much like her – so that wouldn’t be a good mix would it?

5 brain dead dave { 03.29.12 at 12:49 pm }

It’s going to be a tight squeeze in the honeymoon bed for Vlad, Andrea and Milena.

6 Georgie { 03.29.12 at 12:57 pm }

Milena will probably have the laptop fired up bdd.

7 brain dead dave { 03.29.12 at 1:37 pm }

She would do that ,Georgie. I imagine Milena would have overseen the wedding arrangements and grandchildren names with an iron fist as well.

8 Mandy { 03.29.12 at 2:04 pm }

Milena is literally sick in the head – the way she was with her son was disturbing. Thank God Liz didn’t end up with pathetic Vlad. Liz would’ve had to check her meals for ratsac in fear of Milena’s evil manipulations. Not to mention all the idiotic mind games Milena would’ve played to ensure she split them up. What a crackpot that women is. Cookoo, cookoo, cookoo…

9 Andrea { 03.29.12 at 2:24 pm }

Saw two of the guys interviewed on The Morning Show on channel 7 today and none of the couples are still together, it just seemed to be a bit of fun for the guys and none of them were serious. It looks like they all wanted their five minutes of fame! I said from the start that Milena was racist in her choice, if it were the other way around it would never have been allowed for fear of offending people.( Im not the Andrea in the show) It was predictable and boring, I only watched the first and last episodes.

10 anonymice { 03.29.12 at 3:12 pm }

Not that I am advocating for Milena at all, but it actually seems that Vlad and Andrea are still “seeing” each other. For w
3here are they now…..http://au.tv.yahoo.com/please-marry-my-boy/about-the-show/article/-/13292608/mum-s-final-decision/

11 Deborah Mullins { 03.29.12 at 9:11 pm }

What can you say about Mellina. Only s serbian princess would be good enough for her little prince.. She has one agenda marry another serbian. Second generation serbian girls are very similar to Aussue girls. Liz seemed very nice and is much better off without the mother and law from hell. Three in the bed is too many. I am surprised she didn’t dig up a Serbian cousin or mail order bride. Run Liz run that mamma is too much baggage. Maybe she should marry her son herself. He will be home for ever with his mummy. Unless he grows some balls

12 Anonymous { 03.29.12 at 9:43 pm }

Milena and her son should never have been on the show.Milena should look for a girl for her son through the local serbian community.

13 Michelle { 03.29.12 at 11:14 pm }

I enjoyed watching the show and liked all the guys personalities except for Tony!! I mean, OMG, does he love himself or what? Not only is he NOT good looking but he has no personality and is SOOOOO shallow!! He doesn’t deserve any girl cause it’s obvious he is a heart breaker! He needs a reality check and realise there is more to a woman than fake boobs and blonde hair! The outside appearance changes as we get older, so does that mean, Tony will be forever changing his women?? Very sad! As for the mothers, they should of listened more to their sons as they are the ones that have to live with these women……except for Tony of course whom will end up old and lonely and just going from woman to woman for casual relationships! LOL

14 What-evs { 03.30.12 at 2:21 am }

First off, all boys are tools… especially Tony and Vlad

Secondly, the girls chosen for the sake of finding love for the boys… hrmm, miserable! Till today, don’t understand why Koa and Edwina even bothered to go on this show knowing that they are independent enough to not be choosing mama’s puppets!

Whenever Andrea comes on, I tend to roll my eyes big time. With all her bullshit about her not wanting Vlad when he is forced to be with her. She should have a reality check before she went on the show and she should know very well when she’s on the show that it’s a game! Well, what can I say, a 22 year old seeking for love and settling down and being a full time student… the way she acts on national TV, well, makes me feel she’s just like most 22 year olds – whiney, princessy to the point of being annoying and don’t know yet what she wants. Good luck to her with the rest of the guys she’ll meet in her journey to search for love!

15 anonymice { 03.30.12 at 3:32 am }

Liz = totally fake. I got a really fake vibe from her. She looked like she was going to vomit each time Vlad went near her. but the things you do for publicity and furthering your “promotional”career. http://www.modelmayhem.com/1133156

16 Anonymous { 03.30.12 at 9:02 pm }

I’m horrified by the fact that a racist like Milena, was even permitted on the show. Given how big an issue racism is today, how did this even happen? We can all only begin to imagine the uproar had it been a “white” Australian treating an indigenous girl like that. I’m pretty sure no TV station would have been brave/stupid enough to go down that path.

17 Marly { 04.02.12 at 9:06 am }

Finally over! Well it seems most people agree that Vlad and Tony were total tools….and not good looking at all. Magdalina deserved sooo much better, hopefully she will move on quickly and find someone to match her wit and brains. PerhapsVlad will marry his mama…a match made in heaven.

18 Scuba Steve { 04.02.12 at 12:43 pm }

Milena was the best part of the show! Watching the tension between her and Liz – so funny! And tbh, from a horrendously shallow perspective, some of the girls were real mongrels. Pug-faced Magdalena, Tammy-lee the bimbo, Little Slut Anna, nostril-faced Sarah.

Will there be a ‘Please Marry My Daughter’ in the same format? Here’s hoping…

19 Helen { 04.02.12 at 9:07 pm }

It is good to have a sweet end. Can’t wait for the next show.

20 Millie { 04.20.12 at 10:17 pm }

Iam a Serbian who married into a Greek background and I am totally disgusted in the way Milena (we share the same name but is all) treated Liz. That is the way my in-laws treated me, they have never judged me on my character but on my culture, so wrong in a big way. It is quite sad when people judge you from where you come from and the colour of your skin and not form what is in your heart and the love you have for that person. We have had so many arguments where we nearly parted but the love we shared kept our beautiful family together. We all want to be accepted no matter what our skin colour is, or our, our background or beliefs. No wonder the world is screwed because of people like Milena and my in-laws.

21 Lee Lee { 03.22.14 at 2:28 pm }

I would hate to have a mother like Milena.You can see how much hate and evil she has in her.Putting on a fake face evil women.