Masterchef Australia – The New Promo For The 2012 Season

Masterchef Australia Season Four is coming soon to Network Ten. Above is the promo  and it looks like it is based on Alice In Wonderland. Gary Mehigan looks like he is playing The White Rabbit, but not sure what George Calombaris and Matt Preston are suppose to be. The Cheshire Cat and the Mad Hatter, or perhaps Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

The advertisement is for whetting the appetite, seriously I just want to see the show.

Masterchef Australia was rumoured to be premiering on Logies night, which is April 15, however that does not look like it will be the case as the media launch is in Melbourne is on the 23 April. This series of  Masterchef will kick off with episodes in Melbourne.

If you have any questions for the judges please tell me and I will endeavour to find out. However just letting you cheeky lady readers out there know I won’t be trying to stroke Matt Preston’s paella crust.

Last year’s winner Kate Brack’s cookbook, The Sweet Life,  was released last week. It is a dessert recipe book and the recommended retail price is $49.95, however I am sure you can get it cheaper at Big W.

She talks to the Courier Mail about the book here.

1 brain dead dave { 04.26.12 at 10:29 pm }

Welcome to this blog just the same , Monique. I’ve never seen Ma$terchef UK, so just don’t know.

2 Monique { 04.26.12 at 10:34 pm }

It is about food but it is also nice to watch and I like the comment of the judges, critical but also friendly.

3 JaniceG { 04.26.12 at 10:35 pm }

Monique – I would have said the same about MC UK.

4 Monique { 04.26.12 at 10:38 pm }

That’s your opinion. Masterchef UK is just different from Masterchef australia it is not that nice to watch, maybe because it is more about food than the competitors. I like to see how they strugle to make the most amazing cakes etc.

5 littlepetal { 04.26.12 at 11:03 pm }

The more recent promo for MC is all about disaster! I hope they do show some footage of some who can cook.

6 brain dead dave { 04.26.12 at 11:10 pm }

Don’t blink or you’ll miss it ,littlepetal

7 JaniceG { 04.26.12 at 11:43 pm }

Monique – Yes, indeed, it is my opinion. I think cooking shows should be about food, and competent people competing against each other to make it. I don’t care at all about how much they miss their cat or how they felt when they heard that the secret ingredient was blueberries, and I think that if they want to learn basic techniques and not screw up while cooking, they should take a course. The name of the show is MasterChef, not The Two Matts and the Two G’s Teach People How to Cook.

8 Monique { 04.26.12 at 11:46 pm }

Oeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Janice, do you watch te show??? It’s a show for amateur cooks not for chefs who are cooking their whole life. Don’t watch the sshow, its better for your bloodpressure I think.
I enjoy it an if you don’t put out the TV.

9 JaniceG { 04.27.12 at 12:24 am }

I still watch it and I do think it is for amateurs but for talented amateurs. The last season was appalling – there was one elimination challenge where the two contestants merely had to do three dishes with chicken each and neither one of them could manage it. Any of the last five contestants from the previous season would have wiped the floor with the final two from last season.

10 Anonymous { 05.07.12 at 2:04 pm }

JaniceG you have no idea the pressure these people are under. Once you add sleep depravation, being away from friends and family, an unfamiliar kitchen where you don’t know the exact location of the equipment you need, a pantry thats a jog away, time constraints and the knowledge that every screw up is being recorded, it turns making even a simple chicken dish into a totally different experience.

11 JaniceG { 05.07.12 at 3:00 pm }

Anonymous – I’m sorry, but at the point in the competition where that elimination took place, there is absolutely no reason why both competitors should not have been able to make chicken dishes with no other constraints. Even *I* can make three chicken dishes in an hour! Also, this wasn’t the first week or two of the contest– it was several weeks in when the kitchen and equipment should have been relatively familiar. Plus, part of the competition is to see who can handle pressure so having both of them completely lose it did not speak well to the odds of them making it to the end. Finally, as I said, the competitors in previous years handled much more difficult elimination challenges than making three chicken dishes.

12 me { 06.25.12 at 9:53 am }

i just have to say that i love the show and that all of you people out there whom are bad mouthing the show should really get an other hobby! Its great to see all these people try these recipies and mastering them. Who cares how the juges dress. The show is about cooking and is not a fashion show

13 Matt Preston Trying His Hand At Real Acting | reality ravings | The Acting Coach { 10.10.12 at 9:10 pm }

[…] April 1, 2012 — Masterchef Australia – The New Promo For The 2012 Season […]