Celebrity Apprentice – Jason Akermanis Looks Like He Is This Series Villain

Celebrity Apprentice Australia Season Two will hit our screens on April 18 at 8.00pm and Jason Akermanis is already setting himself up to be the douche of the series.

The former AFL player has had a spray on twitter at his cast mates and it is quite clear he did not win this series if his Twitter stream is anything to go by.

The Daily Telegraph writes:

The foot-in-mouth player reportedly bombarded several of the celebrity contestants with abusive SMS rants and Twitter messages.

When he was finally eliminated from the series in February, he posted a threat on the microblog which was taken ominously by producers and angered its target, Bouris.

Akermanis tweeted: “@markbouris I have a long memory mate. I hope I see you real soon.”

He then turned on teammates, Nathan Jolliffe and Lauryn Eagle:

“I have a long memory! I don’t forget easily. Good luck you will need it.”

But it was an angry text message spray, sent to several contestants, which ended with the immortal line: “I will die a legend and you will all still be wannabes.”

It’s unlikely to surprise many who see Akermanis as a serial showboater and one of this season’s villains to watch.

Being a non-AFL fan I have barely heard of Akermanis, but would guess that he was cast because they knew he would give some quality reality TV moments.

Celebrity Apprentice Australia premiere 18 April at 8.00pm.

1 Andrea { 04.02.12 at 6:35 pm }

He sounds like he loves himself and AFL is the only game that matters. I was brought up in NSW and now live in Queensland so our family only supports rugby league and the Parramatta Eels in particular. Jason needs to know he may be famous in Victoria, but not everywhere else in Australia. I have heard his name before but dont know anything about him so it will be interesting to follow his progress and see what a legend looks like!

2 Dr T { 04.02.12 at 6:40 pm }

Actually Andrea, Jason Akermanis was a Brownlow medal winner and one of the key players in the Brisbane Lions winning 3 premierships in a row in the AFL. He’s got a pea for a brain judging on his comments in the media in the past. This news about him will come as no surprise to people with even a passing interest in the AFL.

3 Andrea { 04.02.12 at 9:24 pm }

Well good for him, Im sure he used to be good at what he did. I ‘m sorry I dont know who he played for and Ive heard of the Brownlow Medal but know nothing about it. People who follow AFL probably know nothing about rugby league either so each to his own. The good thing is that by watching Celebrity Apprentice I might get to know a bit more about him, Im only going by what Ive read above from RR that he seems to be the next villain in the show so we will see when it starts. On the first Celebrity Apprentice I learnt a lot about Warwick Capper and Id barely heard of him before either so theres hope for me yet! ‘

4 smauge { 04.02.12 at 10:01 pm }

I used to be a fan of Aker’s even though two of those three premierships were against my team. I thought he spoke his mind when everyone else just followed the usual script. I loved his honesty. But then it just got to a point where he just didn’t know when to shut up. He has no filter. He’s burnt so many bridges now that he’ll have no career once these reality shows finish. The Jim Stynes incident was the final nail in Aker’s coffin (google it Andrea). Warwick is just there for the laugh and CA was worse off for him being fired so early. Aker is just a nasty loudmouth who needs to stop being given a stage to perform on.

5 PollyB { 04.03.12 at 7:40 am }

Spot on Smauge, agree with everything you say. And, my team was the opposition in the other grand final they won.

6 smauge { 04.03.12 at 7:44 am }

I’ll have to remember that come Anzac Day PollyB! LOL

7 PollyB { 04.03.12 at 7:50 am }

Oh yes Smauge! See you then 😉

8 Andrea { 04.03.12 at 12:50 pm }

Hi Smauge, yes I did hear about the Jim Stynes incident on the news, It sounded bad what he said. Even though I’m sorry Mr Stynes died I hadn’t heard of him either so at least I am learning something. Can’t wait to see what Jason is like on Celebrity Apprentice.

9 ruby { 04.03.12 at 12:54 pm }

Andrea, everyone in any state other than NSW & probably Qld know exactly who Aker is. He was a fantastic AFL player who got booted out of the Brisbane Lions for his behaviour and mouth. His coach called him a pain in the arse :) Then he got booted out of his next team for similar reasons. He is a star player, though. Cannot fault him there. He also has a huge mouth and always puts his foot into it. When the news came out that he was on Celebrity Apprentice, there was a roar of laughter at my office with comments such as ‘That’ll be interesting’. Another former AFL player to watch out for in a reality series is Brendan Fevola who will be on DWTS. Even if you do not know who he is, google him and check out his ‘winning’ persona. His drunken bad boy behaviour at the Brownlow (our version of the Dally M) is amusing and a must see for those out of the loop. It cost him his career at his first AFL team even though he was a major ‘star’. He vamoosed to Brisbane and imploded there – drinking and gambling. Aker is not like that. He just has a mouth that will not stop and always speaks before thinking – plus he has the healthiest ego ever. This will be the only reason many non-Qld & NSW viewers will tune in.

10 Andrea { 04.03.12 at 1:19 pm }

He will be good for ratings Ruby!

11 PollyB { 04.03.12 at 2:36 pm }

Ruby, I think QLDer’s know of Aker. He won the highest individual AFL accolade, and 3 x highest team accolades all whilst playing for the Lions, QLD’s only AFL team at the time.

12 ruby { 04.03.12 at 3:16 pm }

True, Polly B. But any Qlders I know refuse to acknowledge anything AFL so they may not know or recall him – or care. But he will be entertaining – I hope. Hopefully, he will be better viewing than Shane Crawford. Was he boring.

13 PollyB { 04.03.12 at 4:22 pm }

Yes ruby, it should be a hoot.

14 sue N { 04.03.12 at 8:31 pm }

ruby- I am surprised by your comment. as someone who has lived in QLD for many years (altho a NSWelshperson originally) I would say that everyone up here knows what AFL and Akermanis are- or at least AFL. Now in Sydney- I had never heard of the game!!! But- it is very popular up here, so I am confused by your comment- “refuse to acknowledge AFL”

15 smauge { 04.03.12 at 8:49 pm }

Things are changing here in Sydney now Sue. The Giants are receiving a lot of coverage and are being embraced by the West. RR must be rapt this has turned into a footy thread LOL!

16 seepi { 04.03.12 at 10:18 pm }

Jason a has said some incredibly offensive things about women in his time too, in the media. He is a twit has lost his newspaper career over the insensitive and pointless meanness about Jim Stynes on the day of his funeral. twit.