Reality TV Wars And It Is Game On After Easter

Reality TV Wars is kicking off on the week beginning 15 April with Channel NINE Β launching three of their masthead programs.

The Voice starts on Sunday 15 April at 6.30pm, The Block on Monday in the 7.00pm timeslot, and Celebrity Apprentice Australia Season Two airs Wednesday the 18th of April at 8.00pm, all on Channel Nine.

Channel Seven also launch Dancing With The Stars on the 15 April and this will go head to head with The Voice.Β And then add Masterchef Australia into the mix a few weeks later and the battle for the reality TV viewer really gets interesting.

Australia’s Got Talent on SEVEN is also launching on Monday the 16th as well. This was huge last year and beat Masterchef Australia in the ratings on some of the nights they went head to head.

Blog posts will go up during the day specifically on each of these shows but while you are waiting here are some really good analysis about this TV program showdown by Michael Idato at the SMH, and Geoff Shearer for the Courier Mail.

Which shows will you be watching?

1 Maryann { 04.02.12 at 11:18 am }

I will watch Masterchef, none of the others interest me. What I want to know is when does The Livining Room start on 10?

2 Reality Raver { 04.02.12 at 11:19 am }

Good question. Not sure – later this year. I am still hoping TEN are going to bring back SYTYCD.

3 brain dead dave { 04.02.12 at 1:57 pm }

I’m planning to watch Ma$terchef and X Factor.

Hate Ch9 but I may watch a few eps of Celebrity Apprentice.

4 Andrea { 04.02.12 at 2:09 pm }

I will probably watch all of them except The Block, renovation shows get a bit boring to me. Celebrity Apprentice is different and enjoyable to watch so that will be a good one to see. However tonight I will be watching The Biggest Loser, its getting intersesting with Lydia being eliminated last night but as usual no post has been put up about it. Sorry to nag you about it RR! Also Reggie from series 3 of Big Brother was on Mornings talking to Sonia Kruger about the new series and auditions and I definitely will be watching that.

5 Reality Raver { 04.02.12 at 4:54 pm }

Mary Ann – just saw this tweet by Baz Dubois
@Baz_DuBois The Livingroom coming very soon if you want to be apart of the live studio audience audience@wtfn.com.au

Andrea – Point taken tonight I promise there will be Biggest Loser, and on special request Project Runway. Loser was on my list of stories today but it all got shifted around due to stuff that occurs during the day.

6 sue N { 04.02.12 at 11:10 pm }

BDD- I am now an even bigger fan of yours πŸ˜‰ (hate CH9)

7 Georgie { 05.11.12 at 5:33 pm }

Don’t forget The Living Room with Bazza, starts tonight at 8pm on Ch10.