The Biggest Loser – The Alpha Girls Go Head To Head

Just when you thought Commando could not get any hotter he goes and grows a beard, hell if he does push ups with his singlet off looking like that they are going to have to revise the shows PG rating.

I also must agree with Shannon with what he was saying to Brenda about needing to let go so she can move forward. Again we saw her distraught over her partner breaking up with her and going onto have a baby so quickly with someone else. We learnt tonight that this happened four years ago.

Shannan said it was time for her to move on, and so she should, she can’t change what happened.

Brenda was not the only one in tears, Michelle was as well. It was a relief that she was upset about binge eating rather then being pregnant to Hamish. That would be one plot line I would not want to see.

However this meant it was now Michelle’s turn to be humiliated by having to show Tiffiny what she had binged on. It was not that bad and only 700 calories but she was made to feel humiliated. What was interesting was Tiffiny talked about the calorie restrictions but did not mention how many calories she actually allowed her charges a day.

It was then onto a challenge where the winner would have the power to send someone home until weigh-in.

However it was only the top four loser contestants that could be in it. Lucky Hayley pointed out Kasey was not there because she was at a doctors appointment otherwise I would not have noticed.

Michelle was desperate to win to go and spend time with her mum on her mother’s birthday, however since she was in a heat against Lydia she did not.

Margie easily smashed Alex and it ended up that she went head to head in the final against Lydia. They had to hang onto rope over the swimming pool and Margie won. Lydia had a turn where she had to lie down and she was having trouble breathing, but it was not a  long term thing.

Unfortunately we have to wait until tomorrow to find out who Margie will send home.

1 Wannabecook { 04.10.12 at 6:15 am }

I think I saw in one of the earlier episodes that either one of the girls or their trainer mentioned that they are allowed 1000 calories per day. Don’t know if that applies to the men as well..

2 Lisa { 04.10.12 at 6:33 am }

Yes they said 1000 calories a day and it was talked about when the guys had to eat one colour only food.

Looking at twitter responses I find it interesting that Lydia is nowhere near as popular as she once was.

3 Isabel { 04.10.12 at 7:18 am }

Seems there’s been a cooling in the relationship between Lydia and Margie. Perhaps she heard things that she didn’t like when she was checking out the bunker, although I don’t recall seeing her going down there on her own. Margie did say that she’d love to go home for a few days so perhaps she’ll choose herself, which will bring another breakdown from Michelle who certainly seems to be losing the plot.

4 littlepetal { 04.10.12 at 10:39 am }

Margie will still lose the weight if she decided to go home and see her family. Would love to see her give it to Lydia. If she gives it to Michelle, Michelle will be below the yellow line at the next weigh in as she won’t have the determination to train and will be eating all the wrong food.

Even the guys are eating 1000 cals a day. Big Ryan said that when Dr Swan visited him at home. Dr Swan mentioned consuming 14000 cals for the week and he corrected Dr Swan and said 7000 cals for the week. It’s just ridiculous. No wonder Michelle has to find something to eat. They are all starving with all the training they do.

5 Andrea { 04.10.12 at 11:39 am }

Michelle seems to cry now as much as Hamish did! Maybe they are a good match for each other after all!

6 Isabel { 04.10.12 at 12:54 pm }

Wonder who gets carted off in the ambulance? Think we have to wait until Sunday to find out – they really suck us in, don’t they – dangle a little carrot knowing that we’ll all have to watch! Could be any of them, fainting from hunger!

7 brain dead dave { 04.10.12 at 1:15 pm }

Hope Margie sends herself home…I’d love to see the rock she’s crawled out from under.

The person in the ambulance could be one of the producers coming to terms with being out of a job next year.

8 slippy { 04.10.12 at 2:34 pm }

More importantly: where can I see a pic of Commando with manly facial hair? (missed the show)

9 brain dead dave { 04.10.12 at 2:53 pm }

Try the official website slippy, not that I’ve been there to verify it but there should be “highlights ‘ of recent eps.

I think Commando has grown the beard because-
* he doesn’t want to get snowburn in Switzerland
* he doesn’t want to be mistaken for Margie

10 Daze { 04.10.12 at 3:15 pm }

I think Alex goes off in the ambo

11 brain dead dave { 04.10.12 at 9:41 pm }

Spot on ,Daze. Though I’m not sure Alex’s condition is as “critical ” as the teasers were screaming. For a guy that’s been crook, he sure hammered the Temptation fare.

12 Daze { 04.11.12 at 10:02 am }

BDD; agree, Im sure its not ‘critical’. This years TBL is bland and blah and no amount of ‘drama’ will spice it up, that guy getting sent home for drinking, Michelle’s love for Hamish, Lisa Simon ditto, Alex ambo scare etc – finding the show is really dragging now – its painful

13 Jen { 04.12.12 at 3:36 am }

Hey there!
I know I’m late to the conversation but from previous seasons of TBL, the trainers make the women’s daily calorie intake about 1100 calories a day while the men are on 1300 calories a day.
For the “average” person who is not trying to lose, put on or maintain lost weight… The daily kilojoule intake is 8,700 which works out to be either side of 2000 calories for men and women which is actually quite alot. I know you have to take in and account for your BMR (basal metabolic rate) which is a calculated way to work out how many calories your body needs just to keep going… Blood moving, creating new cells, organs, waste products and your involuntary muscles such as your heart and intestines beating and moving etc. all of that burns calories for energy. Even sleeping burns calories!
However even though I personally think the “reccommended” intake should be reduced by 200-400 calories because of the higher rates of obesity especially in younger kids and teens.

(I apologize for the rest of this reply after re-reading it, I love health and nutrition and exercise and physiology and anatomy so it’s something I’m quite passionate about. The unfortunate part is now I am overweight, mostly bed or couch bound with two chronic conditions. Chronic pain and nerve damage from a x-country skiing accident in 2006 with severe ‘old lady’ osteoarthritis in my hip and also I have a rare-ish respiratory problem where tissue grows like a web, just under my vocal cords and makes it incredibly hard to breath, until the doctors operate (every 4-5 months now) to open my airways. So far the last 5 years hasn’t been great for this 25 year old! ) (SORRY I WENT OFF TRACK AGAIN! Anyhow, hope you learn something!)

You’ll notice now, especially in fast food stors like McD’s and KFC etc they are posting the kilojoule amount not the number of calories but the easiest way to convert kilojoules to calories is by dividing the Kj by 4.2.
On a similar note – from experience the food delivery company ‘lite and easy’ meals have 3 calorie choices: 1200, 1500 & 1800. As a woman wanting to lose weight I chose the 1200 calorie package and it did help. If you were using this service simply for the easy part, women could choose the 1500 and the men 1800, and you’d probably still lose weight.

And regarding biggest loser…. I can’t believe kasey has made it this far! Good on her for doing so but she’s majorly flying under the radar!!
•holy bejesus the commando looks hot unshaven!

Slippy – you’ll just have to watch it. Words can not explain the hotness!
Brain dead dave – I agree it probably has something to do with switzerland.. Or margie. Lmao.

14 Jen { 04.12.12 at 3:48 am }

BTW – beside the obvious that the contestants are there because they are obese/morbidly obese…. They were consuming more than the reccommended daily intake of 2000 calories, by a minimum of twice as much of not more. Especially the guys.