The Biggest Loser – Is Margie Now Wanting To Be The Nice Girl?

Last night’s episode had a lot of drama going on in it but for some reason I did not find it that entertaining. Maybe because a lot of the scenes appeared to be so set up.

Also TV WEEK had already announced that it was Alex who was taken away in an ambulance so that was a known plot line, and it was predictable that Margie was rehabilitating herself as the nice girl in the house by sending Michelle home for her mum’s birthday.

Or was Margie pushed into selecting Michelle so we could get the emotional scenes of her mum in pyjamas seeing her much slimmer daughter for the first time. Poor mum also got the new that Michelle’s new boyfriend Hamish was also going to land on the doorstep. He allegedly drove 13 hours to see her.

Not sure whether Hamish thought his “most romantic gesture ever for a girl” was worth it once he heard they were going to be in separate rooms!

It was temptation last night as well where there were fridges full of food that would tempt the contestants. Alex who thought he was at risk went for it. It was pretty disgusting and we really did not need to see him burp on camera.

After all the fast food he was whisked off by ambulance with chest pain, this was more related to his ongoing chest infection.

The other issue that I read about in the latest TV WEEK was that all the eliminated contestants water loaded prior to the first weigh in, so it would look like they lost a lot more weight then they did. Lisa said the contestants were taking in up to 3-4 litres of water prior to stepping on the scales. So this  must explain Brenda’s mega weight loss last week.

Lisa thought it was cheating and also said that Lydia did not do it, however I think Lydia is a whatever it takes kind of girl….

Personally I don’t have a problem with water loading, let’s face it, the show is a game with some serious cash to win.

Anyway at the moment I am hoping either Margie, or Brenda win this year’s Biggest Loser. If Kasey does she will go down as the most boring reality TV winner ever.

1 Andrea { 04.12.12 at 9:02 pm }

Thanks RR for getting on top of the problems. Its good to know that all your regulars let you know about these things.I thought I may have been imagining things when the comments had mysteriously disappeared! I agree that the white team are to blame for Margie still being there as they had the chance to get rid of her ages ago so they’ve only got themselves to blame. last night Bec couldn’t understand why she was being targeted instead of the bigger threats but it was obvious that they had a loyalty to the original group that made the final five first. Then they all seemed to pick on Graham and I felt a bit sorry for him. The half hour shows are pretty much non events and why in the latest promos do we have to hear Michelle crying yet again?

2 littlepetal { 04.12.12 at 9:38 pm }

Michelle is the star of the show and Hamish is the leading male actor!!!!
Bek is getting onto my nerves… I need a chill pill every time she speaks. Lydia hasn’t change and can’t take failure.

3 Reality Raver { 04.12.12 at 9:49 pm }

Andrea – I am very lucky indeed.

LittlePetal – I think Lydia needs to find her inner sense of humour

4 Ruby Tuesday { 04.14.12 at 12:46 pm }

Why do you all hate Margie so much? She is one of the few that accepts it was her own choices that made her fat and one of the few that accepts responsibility for getting the weight off by determined hard work. Is it that she too so gutsy and competitive, or is it because she’s a dyke? I reckon she deserves to win but will the organizers let this happen as she doesn’t fit the norms that suit popular tv.

5 littlepetal { 04.14.12 at 2:32 pm }

Ruby Tuesday – Maybe on FB. If you read the posts here, I think many of us agree that she trains and work hard and deserves to win. Not many haters here.

6 brain dead dave { 04.14.12 at 5:31 pm }

In addition to working and training hard, Margie cheats, bullies and lies, Ruby Tuesday……something that both straights and gays do.

7 Anonymous { 04.14.12 at 10:40 pm }

Yeah. Not many haters here.

8 Georgie { 04.14.12 at 10:59 pm }

Correct anonymous I just read through the comments and I counted two – so you can go to the top of the class. Well done.

9 Ruby Tuesday { 04.14.12 at 11:21 pm }

Fair enough. They are all playing cards pretty close to chest – the line between playing the game and lying/cheating starts to blur . I’m not sure if it was a gameplay by Margie to give the trip home to Michelle- thought Margie might not trust herself and didn’t want to miss a thing. Do you think Michelle and Hamish are being paid to beat the romance up?

10 brain dead dave { 04.15.12 at 12:47 am }

Just Anonymous haters that refuse to grow up. Der. You’ll never learn,braveheart..

11 littlepetal { 04.15.12 at 4:22 pm }

Saw some latest photos of some of the contestants. :)

12 brain dead dave { 04.15.12 at 4:49 pm }

How about a future photo of Margie? I don’t think she’ll be much to look at when she’s in her 50’s like”old man” Alex. She’s already got a face like a dropped pie.

13 littlepetal { 04.15.12 at 4:52 pm }

Yes, I was shock when they said Margie was only 34years old at the beginning of the show. She looked more like an ‘old’ lady.

14 brain dead dave { 04.15.12 at 4:58 pm }

“Lady”‘ is stretching it a bit. Old razorback.

I keep seeing an $11.99, 48 page macaron recipe book at the local bookshop,littlepetal. Hope yours are going well.

15 littlepetal { 04.15.12 at 5:09 pm }

Was out in the city to watch the Triathlon and my other agenda was to try some of the best macarons in town!!! Eat some at Lindt cafe, which my sis-in-law said was better than Adriano Zumbo. Also bought some from a patisserie called La Renaissance at the rocks. People think is the best macarons in Sydney. Poor hubby, his wallet is much lighter!!!! Yes, they were very nice. Now I have a benchmark to match!!!! Will try another batch soon……

I have to bike. walk and jog today to burn off the calories (including the hot chocolate at Lindt cafe!!!)

16 BiggestLoserFAN { 04.19.12 at 5:28 pm }

Is it just me or does anyone else think Margie and Michelle Bridges seem very close? Like more pally than what two friends are. There seems to be some chemistry between the two.

17 Anonymous { 04.20.12 at 10:24 pm }

I’ve” known” Margie for some many years now.
Now where I start…. Like Shannon said “if I quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it’s a duck”. PG words from his mouth and i’ll keep it PG too. This person is is just plain NASTY.! Her hissy fit at Michelle is her all over. She can dish it out but can not take it back. A bully yes. Mean Girl yes. Bitch yes. Cheat yes. Teller or lies YES. BL did not do their homework on this person as the lies she has told.
WARNING..!!! If you ever come across this person once the show is over just watch ur back and don’t EVER trust her.!!

18 Keith { 04.25.12 at 9:25 pm }

Margie cheated tonight she lost her shoe then through a tantrum till someone went back and got it for her .its spoiled the show now it is fixed

19 jules { 05.06.12 at 4:50 pm }

Comment 67, there is chemistry there, but its only one sided, only in Margies mind, I have to mute her comments as she is quite sickening sometimes with what she comes out with.

20 alicia { 05.06.12 at 8:52 pm }

I hope brenda wins now. I can’t stand Margie

21 alicia { 05.06.12 at 8:56 pm }

Also they are really trying to make it out like there is something between Margie and Michelle.
It’s annoying.