The Voice Australia – The Voting System – What Do You Think?

The Voice Australia starts on Sunday at 6.30pm and the first episodes will start off with the blind auditions. Where the judges select their team of twelve on “the voice alone”.

However once the episodes get to the performance ones it is up to the public to vote.

And the voting process appears to be a bit different from the usual. TV WEEK got the scoop on this.

The viewer can vote through Facebook and SMS as well as the phone, but also if you buy any of the artist’s performances of that week on itunes that will count for two votes.

It is a very savvy move to have voting via Facebook as potential voters will have to LIKE that page and this will mean they will harness fans and be able to send out information about The Voice and about other Channel NINE shows.

Also I like the fact that it will be free to vote on Facebook. In the USA on the big reality show it has always been free to vote which is why there are always millions of votes. It will be interesting to see if you can only vote once via Facebook or if it is unlimited voting, or if you can vote only once but for multiple people.

It certainly mixes it up and should see a lot more people voting, I know I will be.

The other interesting thing is there will be no social media lockdown for the contestants so expect to see them spruiking on Twitter and Facebook for our votes.

1 brain dead dave { 04.12.12 at 10:24 pm }

The voting system seems fine. It’s the contestants and judges that as usual will be the problem. I’ll be sure to have a bucket next to the couch.

2 imaketheshow { 04.13.12 at 10:42 am }

Hi RR, did TV WEEK confirm Facebook voting is free? I know in the UK for Big Brother, you can vote on Facebook but you have to buy ‘credits’ online, THEN you can vote on Facebook – so its not free. I was thinking probably they were going to adopt this structure.

3 Georgie { 04.13.12 at 11:07 am }

Why not make the whole show ‘blind’. Everyone can sit and watch a blank TV screen and then vote for ‘the voice’.

That would make it a better show for radio.

4 Reality raver { 04.13.12 at 12:22 pm }

I make the show – I had just presumed. I will get that clarified thanks for that

5 Reality Raver { 04.13.12 at 3:14 pm }

I Make The Show – I checked if the Facebook voting goes ahead it will be for free.

6 brain dead dave { 04.13.12 at 4:25 pm }

Maybe this show will unearth another “international superstar” like Altijan Juric.

7 imaketheshow { 04.13.12 at 8:44 pm }

@RR – ah great, thanks for that! Its a great idea to integrate social media with The Voice, but it makes me wonder whether anyone in their key demographic will use the now old-fashion dial-up or sms to vote as they can now do it for free.

8 Samelia's Mum { 04.14.12 at 9:27 am }

Can’t wait for this show to start. It’s going to be a busy Sunday night.

9 Stacey { 04.14.12 at 2:53 pm }

This show looks terrible… I might’ve considered watching it if they didn’t have Delta and Seal on the judging panel.

10 Reality Raver { 04.14.12 at 3:35 pm }

Samelia’s Mum – My daughter is getting very excited about it. Lucky for her it is in the 6.30pm timeslot.

Stacey – The first few eps should be good as that is when they judge on the voice. Though saw a preview on ACA and there were not a lot ugly ones put in.

11 jord { 04.15.12 at 1:01 pm }

I would be watching this if it wasn’t for Delta, I really liked the US one.

12 brain dead dave { 04.15.12 at 2:04 pm }

I’d go for a voting system where viewers could vote the hopeless judges off.

13 Stacey { 04.15.12 at 4:40 pm }

Yeh I’m sorry but Delta was the dealbreaker. They honestly could not find anyone else? I’m nor sure who but… jees. I don’t know anybody that listens to Delta…

RR- I think the idea for this show sounds good on paper. Like listening to the voice before you see the face, but don’t they still choose to put them through even after they’ve seen them? Instead of hearing the voice first and saying “yep you’re through” THEN spinning around and seeing them for the first time? Is that how it works or am I wrong? Sorry I didn’t catch the US version when it aired. And as bad as it sounds, people still want the full package in a new singer… I can’t imagine Katy Perry being as famous as she is if she wasn’t completely smoking. All of her songs sound the same!

14 ronnie { 06.18.12 at 10:22 am }

Mark Holden was a waste of a good root the judges on the Voice are really great entertainers