The Biggest Loser – Dream Week And Temptation

The Biggest Loser is getting interesting but unfortunately is being hit by the tsunami known as The Voice and The Block.

Considering the show has been on for a few months this week I learnt a couple of new things about the contestants.

Here are a few thoughts about the episodes:

• Margie who got back on a surfboard revealed her brother had been murdered which explained a lot;
  • Shannon probably briefed from the producers but he did make a point about Bek, and how she is so cheery and positive, but clearly she emotionally eats;
  • Bek revealed her parents separated when she was young and this had a huge impact;
  • However considering Bek is “cheery and positive” she sure doesn’t like Lydia and in the temptation was gleeful when she saw Lydia gagging on the cupcakes;
  • The temptation was to find one of the three immunity stars under a cupcake, but really there was a lot of luck involved in winning, someone did but we have to wait until tonight to find out who.
  • Lydia went for it because she cannot train because of a injured knee but if she eats many more she will end up putting on weight and any immunity she gets will be void.
  • Brenda, Bek and Kasey also partook in temptation, and Margie “accidentally” stood on a cupcake so had to eat it;
  • Even though Kasey is no favourite of mine, I did get teary when she went horse riding with her father, and as she revealed she could not remember the last time he looked at her with pride;
  • Hopefully a female will win The Biggest Loser this year as the two remaining guys, Alex and Graham, are particularly underwhelming; and
  • Highlight of episode – Commando doing chin ups.

The Biggest Loser continues tonight Wednesday

1 brain dead dave { 04.18.12 at 1:47 pm }

Oh well ,if Margie’s brother wasn’t murdered, he would most likely have starved to death in the family home.

My mate’s brother was murdered and he managed to maintain a sensible weight. When do these sob stories end? Go on Dr Phil for God’s sake.

The Block needs to lift, otherwise I’ll have to come back to this show.Thanks for recapping it,RR.

2 Isabel { 04.18.12 at 1:58 pm }

Well, I’m still here RR! It’s on for one and a half hours tonight .. so don’t know what’s happening to make it special. Definitely angst amongst all the contestants, they are all watching each other very carefully! Wonder who gets immunity – certainly hope it’s not Bek – probably a bit mean to say but like Kasey, she’s not an attractive crier. And we’d all be obese if we ate to solve our problems – goodness me, I’ve had enough difficulties in my life and have survived without getting fat! You’re right BDD, send them to Dr Phil!

3 Andrea { 04.18.12 at 2:00 pm }

I will still watch BL as I just record the other shows and watch later. Yes RR, I mentioned about Margie’s brother on the blog for The Voice as an example of how the sob stories can at least wait until we get to know the contestants more and more, unlike The Voice that shows all the sob stories before the contestants even sing! Margie seems to have a complete melt down tonight judging by the promos, she is going stir crazy being in the same four walls and being starving hungry! Here’s an idea Margie, just quit and walk out! Oh , but then you will miss out on the trip to Switzerland so better not!

4 Akoya { 04.18.12 at 2:18 pm }

I’m reading a very interesting book at the moment called Brain Over Binge which describes binge eating as a series of reactions in the brain (the animal brain demanding more food after a period of restriction/dieting, as well as recurrent binges forming habit pathways), and completely discounts the emotional side, other than to say that being told you binge eat due to emotions and life problems etc simply gives your voluntary brain the excuses it needs to submit to the animal brain’s desire to overeat. It’s really quite remarkable, and I think the trainers on TBL should give it a read and stop spouting all their psychobabble on the contestants.

5 wannabecook { 04.18.12 at 3:31 pm }

I missed this episode but did anyone watch the previous one where commando was driving the harley? He looked so cool ^-^
I find Bek a bit strange when she talks, kinda like a singsong way!

6 Isabel { 04.18.12 at 3:54 pm }

Commando looked good, although it was hard to recognise him because he wore the full face helmet. Not so Alex who would have had the wind blowing through the large gap in his teeth, as he rode with his mouth open. If he wins he’ll at least be able to afford some teeth. But he won’t win …..

7 Reality Raver { 04.18.12 at 3:55 pm }

Wannabecook – yes I did he did look cool. Loving commando and his beard at the moment.

Forgot to mention how little was rather food they eat that commando laid out for them . Could not see breakfast. The almonds?

8 Culinary Boner { 04.18.12 at 4:08 pm }

Commando obviously fancies ‘imself as the Vinnie Jones of this show.

I presume the guys resisted the overwhelming temptation of cupcakes?

Hardly a fair test as these apart from dogs and rats the only other animals incapable of resisting these little culinary delights of fat, flour, sugar, butter and artificial colouring are women and kids under the age of 12. They should have put out schooners of Coopers and Red Deli rock salt chips to make this a fair challenge across the genders.

9 Mahlia { 04.18.12 at 5:32 pm }

What about that bitch that sent Brenda her baby scans???!!!

No wonder that poor girl has issues!

10 Andrea { 04.18.12 at 6:00 pm }

Yes, I agree Mahlia, that was so mean and nasty of whoever did that!

11 brain dead dave { 04.18.12 at 9:23 pm }

POSSIBLE SPOILER!!/POSSIBLE SPOILER!!/POSSIBLE SPOILER !!

I think I’m done with The Block. Lydia’s and Margie’s meltdowns were well worth seeing tonight. Felt sorry for Bek still prepared to give her deadbeat Dad another chance. Setting herself up for more disappointment I fear.

I fink Graham is the one to miss out on $witzerland. He’s lost 67 kilos but more than that ,he’s keen to marry Lydia. He’s lost his mind,too.

Pi$$weak rewards for winning the treasure chest challenge. Hardly worth risking a shark attack for some family trinkets and baubles.

More disturbing was a sneak peek of Ma$terchef shown during TBL. Contestants that can’t even scale a dang fish . God help us.

12 Tickled Pink { 04.18.12 at 10:38 pm }

I got very teary when Margie was talking about her brother – very sad!
I did notice that they didn’t show Graham or Lydia in the Switzerland promos.. so gathering they are under the yellow line on Sunday?

13 brain dead dave { 04.18.12 at 11:26 pm }

Good point about gender and cupcakes Boner, though I’m reminded of a former male BL contestant named Cosi who’d wolf down cupcakes by the score and be too lazy to get his fat ar$e off the couch to go to the bin, so he’d eat the paper cups as well.

I used to wonder how he landed such a smoking fox for a wife.

14 Culinary Boner { 04.19.12 at 4:10 pm }

BDD, maybe she couldn’t resist a man who swallowed?

15 Culinary Boner { 04.19.12 at 4:15 pm }

More than worried about BDD’s alert on MCA previews and contestants that can’t scale a fish.

Guess this also means they wont be up for boning either, more’s the pity.

16 brain dead dave { 04.19.12 at 4:22 pm }

Oh Boner ,you wait until you see the idiot who can’t pull a tin can out of a chicken’s ar$e.

I’m salivating to see some of these train wrecks.