Survivor: One World Airs On NINE From May 1 at 10.30pm

Yesterday I tweeted asking if anyone else wanted to go on a hunger strike with me outside Channel NINE studios with the aim of getting them to finally air Survivor: One World.

Well lo and behold I did not even have to put down my ham and cheese toastie and it was announced Survivor will be  screen on NINE in the awful timeslot of 10.30pm from May 1. Yes I am claiming victory on this one…..

As a diehard Survivor fan I am happy to take the scraps but really why is it buried in this late night timeslot.

This series is set in Samoa with the tribes split up by gender basis. Watch out for the gay republican contestant he is this season’s villain.

Survivor: One World screening on NINE from the 1st of May at 10.30pm.

1 PinkPatentMaryJanes { 04.19.12 at 3:54 pm }

Jeez louise – FINALLY. I must have missed your tweet yesterday cos I would have put my hands up. Surely it must have finished screening in the US. 10.30 eh? Best get out my No-Doz.

2 Izobel2 { 04.19.12 at 3:59 pm }

Yay yay yay!! Guess I’ll b setting the recorder then! And i’ll be setting it for about an hour after it’s due to finish as no doubt it’ll start late each week.
Let’s go JStar Cochrane let’s go!!

3 Chunks { 04.19.12 at 4:43 pm }

Whaaaaat? A gay republican and they slot it in at 10.30? The heck. I need to get a hard drive. Some of us have to work the next day.

4 Tvjunkie { 04.19.12 at 4:45 pm }

All I can say is thank goodness for the wonders of the world wide web.. Why do Channel 9 make it so difficult in this day & age?

5 PollyB { 04.19.12 at 4:48 pm }

I’ll be IQ-ing, but geez, why not earlier on Go?

6 Mahlia { 04.19.12 at 5:31 pm }

Great season in my opinion. Worth staying up for

7 Susan { 04.19.12 at 5:49 pm }

Yippee – my biggest Reality Pleasure!
Is it still going in the US?
Gosh, gonna have to stay off a few websites now to not see any spoliers!!!

8 Andrea { 04.19.12 at 6:35 pm }

That’s great news but I wish it was on at a better time. Why do channel 9 think that its not a popular show, it would have done much better than something like Celebrity Baggage or even The Block which is boring so far. It could have been put on Go but I will still watch it, Thank goodness I have a twin tuner hard drive with all the shows I have to watch! Good work RR!

9 Phil { 04.19.12 at 10:18 pm }

This could of been slotted in a earlier time on Go, So Mad with Nine right Now, And yes I would of done the hunger Strike. Let’s do that next time if they dont Look after us Survivor Fans.

10 Darryl { 04.20.12 at 7:18 am }

Yes it is still going in the USA. It is mid way after the merge so probably another 4 weeks til finale

11 JStar { 04.20.12 at 11:23 am }

Thank goodness RR suggested a hunger strike after Easter and Greek Easter. I was willing to lose the excess carb storage all in the name of a good cause. I’ve been good and not watching the show online as I want to share the outrage with the good folks on this site that a gay Republican can be a villain to both the gay AND straight community in America. :)

12 Darren { 04.21.12 at 7:32 am }

Hooray!

13 Fiona { 04.23.12 at 7:35 pm }

About time – I had almost given up hope but was nursing a quiet belief that they may bring it on after Easter. I have tried really hard not to see any spoilers from the States so hopefully we can enjoy it properly. It’s pretty sad how pleased I am about this show coming to my tv at last!

14 Fiona { 04.29.12 at 1:54 pm }

You do realise that Channel 9 has now dropped Survivor before it has even begun, so we don’t know when we will get to see this show – I give up!

15 Izobel2 { 04.29.12 at 6:21 pm }

I saw that too on the TV Tonight website Fiona. Not happy at all.
Apparently it’s been replaced by The Big Bang Theory, which will make between 9 & Go something like 16 episodes of The Big Bang Theory for the week. It’s ridiculous….

16 Betty Ballsqueezer { 04.29.12 at 6:27 pm }

RR will be pissed off.
Is the hunger strike back on the agenda?

17 Reality Raver { 04.29.12 at 9:40 pm }

Completely peeved off. Seriously I think the contracts on these shows should be that if they are not commenced within a month of the overseas premiere then another channel can get them. What is their logic?

18 Susan { 04.29.12 at 9:49 pm }

FFS – thats all I got!

19 PollyB { 04.30.12 at 1:43 pm }

Supposedly will begin this month, can’t say what channel or what time.

20 Grggo { 05.01.12 at 3:14 pm }

From the people who stuffed around with the Sopranos for all those years… wonder why otherwise law-abiding people look to illegal downloads!!!

21 susannah { 05.02.12 at 3:31 pm }

Im joining your hunger strike!
Only just found out that it was on and now its not on!!
Arghhhh!!!!

22 Susan { 05.10.12 at 1:03 pm }

Just read on TV Tonight that Survivor finally airs on Tues 15th May at 10pm on Nine, double episode – unfortunately though the finale airs in the US this Sunday so I gotta keep off US websites in case of spoliers!
Well, at leaast they eventually showing it!

23 PollyB { 05.10.12 at 1:12 pm }

Thanks Susan

24 Izobel2 { 05.10.12 at 2:15 pm }

Susan – you took the words right out of my mouth!! I meant to type that exact thing on here this morn after reading it on TV Tonight website! Yes we’ll have to dodge spoilers etc. Glad they’re double eps, I’ll just tape them if they finish too late. Yay yay yay.

25 Susan { 05.10.12 at 2:19 pm }

I didnt realise how much I have missed it until I started to get a bit too excited that it was back!

26 Izobel2 { 05.10.12 at 2:27 pm }

I agree. It feels like it’s been ages. It’ll be nice that no ‘All-Stars’ are back. In saying that I can’t remember what this season is actually about now, but I’m sure I’ll be in love with it in 5 minutes!

27 Susan { 05.10.12 at 2:31 pm }

For sure – I think I am more excited because there WON’T be any previous contestants – really hated that whole process – thats the whole reason new cast members are on so that we can discover a whole bunch more kookier people – haha!
Hope they dont have that Exile Island either……..
And definitely yes, will be hooked immediatley!

28 Rosie { 05.10.12 at 2:34 pm }

Damn, I missed that this was on at all! At least I can watch what Channel 9 deigns to show us next I guess. Sigh.