The Block – Sophie and Dale Versus Michelle and Brendan
It was battle of the newly weds last night on The Block with two young couples going head to head and it was a fairly even playing field as neither of them had much renovation experience. It was Sophie and Dale versus Michelle and Brendan, the closest that one of them came to being a tradie was Dale who is a landscape gardener.
Here is a few thoughts on the episode:
- Finally some ethnic diversity on The Block with Michelle looking like she is part asian;
- It appears the casting has very much focused on looks as there are some good looking couples this year, come to think of it all the couple last year were attractive as well;
- Sophie and Dale showed they could have some serious renovations chops, their children’s room was delightful even if some of their style did remind me a little bit of Josh and Jenner, particularly the suitcases stacked on top of each other;
- Also they saved time by leaving the original white, and drawing a very nice tree mural over it;
- Sophie proved they were smart by going down to Geelong and buying all their accessories in the one spot. It saved money and I suspect time as well;
- The alphabet on the wall was fantastic and they even admitted they finished the room with an hour to spare;
- Michelle and Brendan were always struggling, Michelle couldn’t make a decision and phaffed about, in fact I am surprised they finished the room on time;
- The judges gushed over Sophie and Dale’s room the only criticism being that it was over style but then that is not a negative thing;
- Also Shaynna Blaze, who I am loving, did think the swing was impractical, but if you were judging on practicality they should have pointed out there was no place that stored the child’s clothes;
- Michelle and Brendan’s lounge room was nice but just ordinary so it was no surprise when Sophie and Dale won; and
- The highlight of the episode for me was I finally like one of the couples so at the moment I am Team Sophie and Dale.
The Block official website has got interviews with the couples as well as videos in fact it looks like NINE has really amped it up this year.