The Biggest Loser – A Spoiler Or Was That Just A Dream In Dream Week?

Well apparently it IS ok to give out spoilers when it is the Network doing it themselves. The preview for this Sunday’s Biggest Loser episode showed most of the contestants except for two of them. Sharper eyes than mine might have spotted all bar one.

Actually that is not the thing that really irked me about last nights episode, it was the continual milking of the “Graham has a crush on Lydia” plot line. Come on they guy is an emotionally vulnerable person and Lydia appears to have been particularly sensitive to his crush, but I don’t think it should have been put on our screens for the viewers amusement.  For contestants like Graham I do think there does need to be caution about how he is presented. Or in fact what is written about him by caustic bloggers…. I may be a bit people in  glass houses on this one.

Other then that it was a short and sweet episode last night, with Michelle singing live in front of an audience, with Hamish adoringly looking on. Will the song be up on itunes as is the reality TV trend at the moment? Also is Hamish continuing to drop weight or has he plateaued? I get the feeling he might have a hard time keeping up the self discipline required to maintain his weight loss.

1 littlepetal { 04.20.12 at 12:23 pm }

Hamish hasn’t lost much weight since he got eliminated. He just don’t have the motivation to exercise and his diet is not great.

Graham is another that will put the weight back on. He just doesn’t get it with his diet and training.

Yes, Channel 10 has gave it away as to who the Top 6 are. They have all been seen in Switzerland except one.

2 Andrea { 04.20.12 at 12:28 pm }

Yes RR , I noticed this too, Channel ten seems to do this alot with BL, its really annoying! I’m getting sick of the Michelle, Hamish thing, it still doesn’t seem real to me, they’ve both been eliminated but they seem to be always pushing them together. Maybe Michelle just wants to get publicity for her singing career? I agree, leave Graham alone, he seems very vunerable right now, I hope he wins the show.

3 Georgie { 04.20.12 at 12:39 pm }

I guess they have to keep the Michelle/Hamish dream alive because the show’s called ‘Biggest Loser Couples’ and it didn’t really happen for them did it. I expect they won’t try that twist again.

If they leave people alone the hook-ups happen naturally anyway, like MKR and DWTS.

4 Isabel { 04.20.12 at 12:57 pm }

How “impromptu” was Michelle’s performance! Music, band, her brother as backing singer, all just happened to be in the club at the time! What does Hamish do? Is he a student, does he work – or are they supposed to be available for the duration of the programme.

I really don’t envy them their trip to Switzerland – probably travelling economy class, all squashed into their narrow seats, because they are still big, as well as going there and back in a week, major jet lag ….

5 brain dead dave { 04.20.12 at 1:50 pm }

Graham’s on a hiding to nuffink wif Lydia.

6 Georgie { 04.20.12 at 2:59 pm }

bdd, I haven’t seen much of this show but from what I have seen I can’t imagine Lydia going for Graham. Wouldn’t she be looking for a stallion type? Graham reminds me more of a merino with all those collars.

7 brain dead dave { 04.20.12 at 3:13 pm }

Lydia has certainly managed to pull that wool over Graham’s eyes.

8 Culinary Boner { 04.20.12 at 3:35 pm }

Yeah, Switzerland. Brilliant idea. The weight loss capital of the world. Woo hoo say my fat cells, we’ll have a party and invite a few thousand friends over.
Raclette, rosti, fondue (cheese), fondue (choc), torte, spatzle, Zurich Geschnetzeltes and every other imaginable meal of meat, poultry, mushrooms, potatoes smothered up to its eyeballs in cream. Nom nom nom.
I’ve known grown men to break down in tears after two weeks in Switzerland at the thought of some non-creamy food.

9 JM { 04.20.12 at 10:26 pm }

I think some sensitivity needs to be shown towards Graham.

I’m completely over Michelle and Hamish. Channel 10 are really milking that story for all its worth and it isn’t working because they are really not that interesting and Hamish just gets more and more annoying.

10 Rowdy { 04.22.12 at 8:06 pm }

@littlepetal , you might want to get some motivation into learning some grammar. Don’t point fingers at others’ misfortunes.

11 brain dead dave { 04.22.12 at 9:10 pm }

You might want want to consider that we’re not all white trash like you here, Rowdy. Motivate yourself with that awareness.

littlepetal’s grammar in the second paragraph concerning virtually the same thing was correct. English is one of the most confusing languages of them all to learn.

Furthermore ,lacking motivation or not having a good diet is not a misfortune but learned behaviour.