Matthew Newton Arrested Again In Miami

This is starting to sound like Groundhog Day, with news that Matthew Newton has been arrested in Miami and charged with Battery and resisting arrest.

Matthew Newton is alleged to have punched the hotel clerk at the place he was saying, and somehow the Daily Telegraph managed to obtain CCTV footage of the incident. All in all it does look rather bizarre, and I suspect with all the chatter about his previous arrest the Florida Police will ensure the paper work stands up to scrutiny.

Matthew is currently out on bail. But seriously shouldn’t he be brought home until his court date, the guy is clearly not well. His diagnosed with bipolar and obsessive compulsive disorder, however appears to be not being controlled very well.  Acting life coaching classes are not the solution, and nor is he travelling with a nurse moderating his behaviour. Is the nurse even psych trained or worked in this field?

Matthew’s family have come out saying they are supporting him and so they should, as he needs some serious help and he also needs to obtain some insight into both his disorder and his anger management issues.

As usual his lawyer Chris Murphy is firing up over Twitter which of course keeps the story going. News.com.au wrote an article on him blocking people who disagreed with his defence of Matthew. I think Chris Murphy needs to maybe take himself off Twitter for a few days as yet again his PR campaign is getting more negative publicity for the troubled actor.

1 brain dead dave { 04.24.12 at 2:08 pm }

This morningCh 9 played a brief interview with Bert, saying he and Pattie are getting on with life and enjoying the new grand child etc.
The story has been going on all the 9 morning shows ,(in between propaganda for The Voice)with a lame attempt to garner some support for “Newts” from Ben Fordham

Correct me if I’m wrong but haven’t these Bipolar and OCD diagnoses been doing the rounds only since Matty started snotting people? It’s a kick in the guts for people who genuinely have these diseases.

He’s got SAD .Spoilt Ar$ehole Disorder.

I wonder if Chris Furphy will stump up a highly respected Christian shrink to hose down this latest faux pas? No cred at all.

Soon to be released – “Matthew Newton’s Greatest Hits”

2 Mahlia { 04.24.12 at 2:13 pm }

Im sure Matthew has loads of people who want to care for him.
Makes me wonder what is going wrong.
Is Matthew in denial or is Matthew uncontrollable?

3 Reality Raver { 04.24.12 at 2:14 pm }

BDD – Maybe he does need a second opinion on his diagnosis.

4 Dutch Courage { 04.25.12 at 11:41 am }

RR, maybe I am missing something but what has Matthew Newton got to do with reality TV i.e. why would he deserve any attention on this site?

5 brain dead dave { 04.25.12 at 11:56 am }

Fair point, DC. However, as he was host of X Factor relatively recently (albeit short lived because of his intractable character) he does have relevance to this genre.

6 Dutch Courage { 04.25.12 at 12:30 pm }

BDD, thanks. My understanding is that he was edited out of X Factor and actually never appeared on our screens as the host.
Therefore I would call this a very low level of relevance so I still hope I don’t read about this bogan any more on this site.

7 Georgie { 04.25.12 at 12:41 pm }

DC – maybe because his selection to host the series had already had some air-ply on the blog before he was dropped, qualified him as fodder.

8 brain dead dave { 04.25.12 at 12:48 pm }

From memory MN was only in the promos for X Factor, then he was sacked after he jobbed his g/f( again).
I’m no longer entertained by any of the Newtons and their relevance is moot- they’re a bit like the Royal Family of Australian TV.

9 Mrs T { 04.26.12 at 9:31 am }

DC – You make a fair point.
As an aside, MN is a talented actor whoever thought it was a good idea for him to go to the States to quietly repratriate was kidding themselves, he is clearly not not well enough to be left to his own devices.
Now onto more interesting topics, how’s Lara Bingles reality show working out for her?….

10 Stacey { 04.26.12 at 10:22 am }

Lol Mrs T, I’m excited for Lara’s show…
The States is probably the worst place Matt Newton should be. Can’t we put him on like a global liquor accord or something? All he seems to do it walk around drinking and hitting people, then blaming it on bipolar. Makes people with actual bipolar seem like a joke, unless this is him in his highly manic state. However, the manic state does NOT last for years at a time. Well I’m not a doctor but I have spent time with a lot of mentally affected people and it’s highly unusual for it to last that long.

11 Culinary Boner { 04.26.12 at 11:06 am }

All hail the “Charlie Sheen of Australia”*.

Oh, and the best kung fu posin’ seen on screen since David Carradine shaved his head**.

Wot was that Grasshopper?…”When you physically abuse someone, perhaps you see in that victim, all that you have lost in yourself . The negative impact of society has not seeped in or taken over. It has always been there. No one can do anything about it. It is in the bone. Peace, walking side-by-side with rage. All the violence and all the evil that you find in yourself, I have in me. Perhaps more strongly. We are all men.” (from Kung Fu, The Legend Continues)

* http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/newton-branded-australias-charlie-sheen-20120425-1xkd3.html
** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqm4RipqoxY