The Voice – Should Corey Hargreaves Been Selected?

Sorry recap will be late today however here is singer Β Corey Hargreaves who sang We Are The Champions there is much controversy that no one buzzed in. What do you think here a link to the clip on the official The Voice website.

Also below is a clip that I Make The Show sent in of Shauna Jensen singing on Popstars the same song she auditioned with.

Also TV Tonight says Shauna Jensen Β was actually a judge on Popstars Live in 2004.Β  I have to confess I missed that one.

1 sue N { 04.24.12 at 8:46 am }

I definitely think he should have been selected. waaaaaaay better than some of the other acts that have been buzzed. Only excuse is that it must sound VERY different if you are in the studio!!!!

I am getting less interested as the show goes on- lots of professional singers (???? what the????) and…Seal- major yuk factor for me…. (I know I have said it before ;-))

2 littlepetal { 04.24.12 at 8:51 am }

I don’t watch the whole show. Except for those male singers that Delta was the only one that turned around, did any of the male singers picked her as their coach?

3 Darryl { 04.24.12 at 8:57 am }

Did not like James “Trackpants” Blunt at all.

4 brain dead dave { 04.24.12 at 9:02 am }

I was glad this guy didn’t buzzed. It sounded just like Freddie but the dude looked so much like Margie from Biggest Loser that I just coundn’t cope with his crass exhumation of once great material.

Dead or alive-we already have a Freddie.

Anyone who sat through that horrid homage without throwing up is a champion ,in my book.

My best advice to the that pretentious prawn is to lose some weight, get a surgical overbite ,grow a moustache, get some white leotards and become a full- blown Freddie impersonator and busk it.. Instead ,the viewer has to suffer for his art.

I could have just dragged out my Queen DVD’s and avoided Margie’s mauling.

Oh, I’m totally with you on “Trackies” Blunt, too, Darryl.

5 Picnic { 04.24.12 at 9:15 am }

I am also getting bored – I think when Seal and Delta saw track pants guy they wanted to change their minds. I am also not liking Seal. Liking Keith more that I thought I would. Delta is growing on me.

6 brain dead dave { 04.24.12 at 9:22 am }

When I saw Trackies , I thought; “Which jail have you just escaped from?”
When I heard his canary voice, I assumed he was a castrati.

7 Joseph Skyrim { 04.24.12 at 9:54 am }

Trackies had a good voice, but funny that Joel said he sounded too much like the original singer – which is exactly what karaoke singers tend to strive for. Still waiting for a dude to come on dressed as a vampire (bram-stoker type) or a hobo and sing well just to see the reaction. Rainbow girl didn’t quite do it for me. πŸ˜›

Also Corey sang his song well. Would not have minded if he got selected as he definitely was better than some of the previous girls. Speaking of which, was the last indian(?) chick with the forehead dot (and wanted Delta to turn but she was the only one that didn’t) the same girl who sings / used to sing with Choong Lim’s orchestra on DWTS? She looks kinda like her…. that chick could sing anything well.

8 Joseph Skyrim { 04.24.12 at 10:24 am }

Just found an interesting read about the so called “battle-rounds” in the UK version of the show:

If similar things happen here it will be quite funny but possibly not-good for television. Well, at least not the parts where they sing. πŸ˜›

9 Anonymous { 04.24.12 at 12:59 pm }

I am sad when anyone doesn’t get picked esp when they are older – it is a boo hoo moment – I wish they would all win

10 Mahlia { 04.24.12 at 2:27 pm }

I thought Shauna showed herself to be a bit bogan mother when she and her daughter were rejected.
There was a Shapelle Corby’s type family thing happening

11 brain dead dave { 04.24.12 at 2:34 pm }

You could certainly fit more weed into Shauna’s cleavage than into a Boogie board bag..

12 imaketheshow { 04.24.12 at 9:15 pm }

Thanks for the video reference, RR!

Definitely got the Schapelle Corby boganette vibe from the Jensens.

13 smauge { 04.24.12 at 10:11 pm }

Shauna Jensen is a bogan. She showed immaturity in arguing with the judges. I didn’t like her voice at all.
My new fave is the Jealous Guy guy.

14 brain dead dave { 04.24.12 at 10:37 pm }

You mean you didn’t go for the guy with the Prince Charles ears , the soul patch (on his head) and the mascara tonight? It took the silky skills of Delta to buzz for that nut job.

I was happy to see the Shire rock chook crash and burn. Getting AC/DC lyrics right isn’t rocket science.

15 smauge { 04.24.12 at 10:46 pm }

I haven’t watched tonight’s yet BDD, but he sounds like just my type.

16 brain dead dave { 04.24.12 at 10:52 pm }

Sorry smauge, I won’t spoil it for you.

I saw one of them holding a Black Sabbath album at home ( Sabotage – one of my favourites) and got real excited but ….nope.

17 Joseph Skyrim { 04.27.12 at 3:45 pm }

With some of the inconsistent buzzing it would be interesting to occasionally throw in an actual already-made singer just to see how well they do (David Campbell did this and got Keith and Delta to turn though I guess he disqualified himself). πŸ˜›

I wonder if Marshall Bruce Mathers III (aka Eminem) would have gotten any seats turning with this performance (yeah, I know its a remix of him just screwing around but it would be funny.):

Alas, the blind selection part is over so we’ll have to see how the battle rounds turn out… and why the heck are they in a boxing ring? :/

18 smauge { 04.27.12 at 8:47 pm }

Because each pair is fighting each other to stay on the show.

19 brain dead dave { 04.27.12 at 8:55 pm }

Because they deserve to have their heads punched in.

20 smauge { 04.27.12 at 8:56 pm }

Hey BDD – who was the prince Charles ears man you speak of? Was it the Bon Jovi singer?
Totally agree about Shire Rock Chick. She was a screeching poser. I was so worried someone was going to turn for her.
I must say, the later you audition, the harder it is to succeed. This does seem a trifle unfair. And what of the people who were booked to go on but missed out because all the teams were full? We could have had a superstar there that never got heard!

21 brain dead dave { 04.27.12 at 9:07 pm }

smauge, he was three or four acts from the end and only desperate Delta turned and picked him , so you know he’s great. I’m not 100% sure if it was Bon Jovi but this show is certain to be encored over the weekend and I’ll post it.You can see Delta’s shock when she turns around and sees Prince Charles.

22 brain dead dave { 04.27.12 at 9:27 pm }

smauge …his name is Matty Craps, err Matty Chaps , I mean. Team Delta.

23 smauge { 04.27.12 at 9:29 pm }

I’ll go check it out again.

24 smauge { 04.27.12 at 11:08 pm }

I remember him now. He lost weight. That’s not enough of a sob story for this show. Shouldn’t have even made it to the blind auditions.

25 brain dead dave { 04.28.12 at 12:05 am }

You’re supposed to put on weight…like Pavarotti, Jack Farnham, Elvis, Meatloaf, Suan Boyle,Mama Ca$$ etc. Literally doing it from the gut.

26 ANNABEL { 05.02.12 at 8:30 pm }

STIIL CANT GET OVER COREY HARGREAVES NOT GETTING THROUGH WHEN YOU CONSIDER THE LIKES OF SOME OF THE CONTESTANTS THAT WERE PICKED. HIS VOICE WAS OH SO POWERFUL & SPOT ON. I HOPE SOMEONE GETS ON BOARD & HELPS HIM ON HIS WAY IN THE INDUSTRY!!!
also
HUGS TO MAHALIA BARNES. NOW THAT IS A LADY WITH CLASS. WHAT A FANTABULOUS VOICE!!!
BENJI WAS RIGHT – JOEL MADE A BOO BOO…

27 Ben Stevens { 05.07.12 at 9:40 am }

Have you heard his clips on youtube? I have seen this guy live and he is awesome. He should have sang an original. Some sweet sweet love or bluestone room would have won this show!!!

28 mike joseph { 05.13.12 at 6:22 pm }

I think Delta shud have chosen that Jerson Trinidad guy.. he sounded waaaay better thn the other guy.. Can smell some underlying racism from Delta there..