Celebrity Apprentice – The Wrong Person Was Fired

What is going on with this show? We are four episodes in, and they fire the person who has been creating conflict , who has raised a lot of money, and who appears to be working hard. Donald Trump would have never fired Tania Zaetta for the reason that she was not liked by her other team members. In fact for that very reason he would have kept her on the show.

But then Tania was getting a bit of stick from everyone, Ben Dark basically said he did not like her, and Charlotte Dawson quipped  “She gives some good looks, she looks like she is twisted…glad I didn’t get that botox done I would have looked really evil”.

Yes I was rather surprised at that comment considering the heated debate that ensued on this blog last week which spilled over into the twitterverse about the viewers in cyber space making negative comments about peoples appearances on the TV screen.

The episode’s  challenge was to create a fairground experience and the team with the most money won.

Jason Akermanis was project manager of one team, and Lauryn Eagle who is described as a “glamour sportswoman” led the other team.

Jason thought his great communication skills would be an asset, whereas team mate Nathan Jolliffe said he could barely understand him. I am on team Nathan on this one.  Interestingly we did learn tonight that even though their was some disagreement about Akers fluency in the english language he was actually proficient in Auslan, sign language.

He revealed both of his in-laws are profoundly deaf. This episode indeed portrayed Jason in a light that most people would not have seen before. Probably much needed after some of his other faux pas in the media.

On Celebrity Apprentice because the teams don’t rely on public donations it does not really matter how good they do the challenge. If the team can get the corporate sponsors in they will win which they did.  Dicko quipped at Aker’s team section that it looked “very eastern european” and it did look depressing. Even Warwick Capper could not bring it any razzle.   I did find it amusing that the corporate guys bringing in the cheques  were wanting to dunk Warwick.

The Ben Dark and Dicko feud was beaten up with Ben putting a spider on arachnophobic Dicko’s crotch. As @gidgetvonlarue quipped on Twitter “Oh Dicko, don’t be such a girl. I’m sure you’ve had much scarier things crawling around your crotch than a huntsman spider”

Dicko did look like he was working up a sweat.

Ben Dark was also working hard with the sponsors, he called Marion Grasby who had previously been fired and she came down with a $2000 and was handing out her products, however apparently she also arranged some more money from other sponsors.

Vince Sorrenti thought this was unfair that an eliminated contestant was able to raise money for another team. I think he had a point. Does this mean Vince can have his friends not on the show ringing around to get the corporate dollar on his behalf? However Mark Bouris told him the money raised was going to charity and hinted he should not be so petulant about it.

Not that Vince needed to worry his team won and they trouped off to the winners room.

Dicko said Patti should be fired and it would be a mercy killing as he thought things were about to get nasty. Tania agreed, but the rest of the team that it should be Tania to go.

In the end it was Tania that was fired.

1 Betty Ballsqueezer { 04.27.12 at 9:14 am }

RR, good call, after The Hoff it was another big loss on CA, not many interesting ‘celebs’ left now.

And the hot looking Tania was not happy according to the Herald Sun:

TANIA Zaetta has slammed the “bitching and backstabbing” of Celebrity Apprentice, and said she would reconsider going on the show if she had known how bad it would be.
The Bollywood actor, who was evicted from the Nine reality show last night, said contenders Patti Newton, Lauryn Eagle and Charlotte Dawson had been conspiring against her once the cameras were off, and admitted she was “exhausted” by the constant games.’
“I felt very ganged up on,” she admitted. “It’s been very difficult to see all the private interviews and the things that were said about me, but I just didn’t want to play that game.”
Zaetta said she had been shocked when Australia’s Next Top Model judge Dawson challenged her to on-camera stoushes.
“She said: ‘You and I should have catfights, call each other names and pull each other’s hair. It will make great TV and the audience will love it’,” Zaetta said. “I didn’t want to buy into that.”

Let’s hope Charlotte Dawson will be contributing to this site again soon and share her version of the truth.

2 Georgie { 04.27.12 at 9:33 am }

I heard the ‘lovely Charlotte’ Botox comment too RR. I thought – okay, being a subscriber to cosmetic enhancements must qualify you to comment.

I’ll remember that next time I snark – I’ll be qualified to comment on anything and everything.

3 Reality Raver { 04.27.12 at 9:47 am }

This on top the staged Hoff exit. I think Channel NINE publicity better be whipping up some stories to ensure the viewers interest is retained

4 Georgie { 04.27.12 at 9:54 am }

Maybe Ch9 should be advertising your blog RR, to enhance their viewers CA experience.

5 Culinary Boner { 04.27.12 at 9:55 am }

Being caught up with work stuff last week I sadly missed the opportunity to comment on the rampant hypocrisy that was crawling like maggots through the rotting carcasses of the essay length self-justifications Charlotte and that Nine* production lady (sorry, forgot ya blog name, love) posted on this site.

Gee I’m glad I didn’t waste my time.

Hey Charlotte, thanks so much for the insightful and well-meaning comments you made about Tania’s appearance (and alleged cosmetic procedures) last night. Woo hoo, take a bow for the sisterhood. Made me day. What was that I said yesterday about the sharp egos and blunt intellects of the majority of contestants on this show**?

Great Patsy Stone impersonation. Keep up the good work.

* That TV hotbed of feminism and the non-objectification of women in our society. The home of the bone.

** But not you Ajay. No no no no no. Not you.

Some memorable Patsy…

Edwina Monsoon: Everybody’s there, everybody! Big names, you know. Chanel, Dior, Lagerfeld, Givenchy, Gaultier, darling. Names, names, names. Every rich bitch from New York is in there. Hockwenden, Ruttenstein, Vandebilt, Rothschild, Hookenfookenberger, Dachshund, Rottweiler, sweetie.

Patsy Stone: A row of skeletons with Jackie O hairdos.

Edwina Monsoon: Harper’s, Tatler, English “Vogue”, American “Vogue”, French “Vogue”, bloody Aby-bloody-ssinian bloody “Vogue”, darling. Jeff Banks and Selina Scott couldn’t even get a ticket, darling.

6 Georgie { 04.27.12 at 10:08 am }

Tut-tut bdd – remember commandment #4! Stick to character assassination and leave the appearance alone. You haven’t learned a thing have you!

7 Culinary Boner { 04.27.12 at 10:12 am }

While on the subject of the Stirling service the fashion industry and women’s mags do for the status of women in society and advancing the cause of humanity, from today’s paper – http://www.smh.com.au/world/vogue-deletes-glamour-story-on-assads-wife-20120426-1xo1i.html

Anyone fancy some Dictator Chic this autumn?

8 Wannabecook { 04.27.12 at 10:38 am }

You have let Charlotte Dawson tricked you into barking at the wrong tree; Alenka, YOU ARE FIRED!

9 Betty Ballsqueezer { 04.27.12 at 10:47 am }

Ivanka Trump got more balls than Bouris Sr and Jr together!
(and trust me, I know my balls)

10 Georgie { 04.27.12 at 10:59 am }

Wannabecook – Alenka delivered the ‘Ten Commandments of Blogging’ to RR and the commenters on this site – now her favourite disciple has turned them into Botox.

11 Brad { 04.27.12 at 11:36 am }

The whole Marion fiasco was a big over-reaction in my opinion. Yes, she brought in money of her own but it appeared to me that the rest of the corporate donations were just brought in at the same time to make it look impressive on camera. Even so, I’m sure that if Ben Dark had called another celebrity who was not a contestant to have access to their resources it’d go down fine!
Also, I think this episode highlighted a need for there to be a bonus corporate donation as an incentive for successfully fulfilling the brief each week – much like ‘Bing’ had in the pop-up shop challenge.

12 Alenka { 04.27.12 at 11:41 am }

Thank you for your kind assessment of my appearance, BDD. A perfect example of what I originally wrote about here.

13 Georgie { 04.27.12 at 11:52 am }

FFS piss off DC, BB, Cd, A – whoever you are!

I’m going to do something worthwhile – vacuuming!

14 Betty Ballsqueezer { 04.27.12 at 12:00 pm }

Hey Georgie, calm down. DC and BB have nothing to do with Alenka. I thought you said it was you?

15 brain dead dave { 04.27.12 at 12:00 pm }

You owe it to yourself to check out what’s on Dr.Phil, Georgie. **** the vacuuming.

16 Culinary Boner { 04.27.12 at 12:16 pm }

Hey Alenka, good to see you back.
I’ve a question you can hopefully help me out with.
What’s a “glamour sportswoman”?
You see, I’d would be more than pleased if my daughter could rise through the sporting ranks (or any other field she wanted to attempt to excel at, for that matter) to reach an elite level.
I’m just a tad worried that the concept of “glamour sportswoman” may divert her from the real task at hand – training and perfecting her craft so she does as well as she can on the field – to instead focus unnecessarily on superficial stuff like whether she measures up to your industry’s template for what a woman should look like. I’ll pay a good sight more attention to the stuff you and Charlotte have been sprouting about the inappropriateness or otherwise of appearance-related commentary targeted at public figures and reality TV wannabees when you media & TV production people get your own house in order. Perhaps your next essay should outline the steps you’ve taken to fix this problem, starting with why Charlotte’s attack on Tania’s facial features was not edited out.

17 brain dead dave { 04.27.12 at 12:22 pm }

Alenka- I didn’t mean to hurt you….I’m just a jealous guy.

18 brain dead dave { 04.27.12 at 12:34 pm }

Beauty Queens Gone Bad – Today’s Dr.Phil is quite relevant to the elevated discourse emerging here. Miss Hooters is a must see for some Californian glamour.

19 Reality Raver { 04.27.12 at 12:38 pm }

BDD – I would have kept the higher moral ground going without reducing to making remarks about a commenter on this blog appearance.

Alenka – I am prepared to take BDD to task on that, but are you prepared to raise the issue of the comment made re: Tania Zaetta from Charlotte with Ms Dawson. Or is that comment OK as it is part of the entertainment of the show?It would be great to address the issues of why Lauryn is described as a glamour sportswoman it is not like she is a lingerie footballer. She is a water skier and now boxer neither sports I associate with glamour. But maybe using that title means it is ok to give lots of close up of Lauryn in her bikini in the dog challenge.

20 Isabel { 04.27.12 at 12:43 pm }

I’m gone! Watched about 20 mins last night and that was enough. Will enjoy reading these recaps but I won’t be watching D Grade ‘celebrities’ in a D Grade show. Bring on Masterchef.

21 brain dead dave { 04.27.12 at 12:48 pm }

Yes , RR. I’ll take the red card. Remove comment 6 is okay with me.

22 Georgie { 04.27.12 at 1:05 pm }

Alenka – sorry I mistook you for that old tart Betty B, but I’ve never actually seen her so it was totally unrelated to appearance.

I think this quote from the Dalai Lama maybe helpful to your campaign to tidy up the world –

“The creation of a more peaceful and happier society has to begin from the level of the individual.”

There’s a similar one in the bible about a mote and a beam – you can google it.

So toddle off now and as CB said, get your own house in order; before you pull on your bovver boots and barge into your neighbour’s.

23 brain dead dave { 04.27.12 at 1:31 pm }

I used to rate the Dalai Lama….then he went on Ma$terchef. I wouldn’t call hanging with Gary ,George and Jowl$y “enlightened “

24 Georgie { 04.27.12 at 1:44 pm }

That’s just the point bdd – he’s happy to hang out with the masses. These two pretty much sum it up:

“An inflated sense of self-importance deflects us from the inner peace and happiness we seek and affects those around us negatively.”

“In our quest for happiness and the avoidance of suffering, I believe we are all fundamentally the same, and therefore equal.”

My best friend had a private interview with him when she was in the latter stages of cancer. He happened to be in Australia at the time and she’d been a devotee for half her life. She died two weeks later – blissed and blessed.

25 Daze { 04.27.12 at 1:59 pm }

Georgie, loved the quoted about inflated egos. So true. And, how very lucky was your best friend to have had a blessing from Dalai Lama prior to passing………..

26 Culinary Boner { 04.27.12 at 2:17 pm }

Georgie, good quotes and nice DL story.
However, before we get all maudlin and stop the fun of taking the piss, I thought we might want some of Patsy Stone’s insights into the just fabo world so many of our D-grade celebs would kill their granny to be part of:

Bubble: Oh, the magazine called for you, Patsy. They need some decisions about this month’s cover.
Patsy: Oh, really? Whatever can they need to know? I mean, it’s the same every month: a model in make-up with a vacant look on her face…

27 brain dead dave { 04.27.12 at 2:30 pm }

Sorry Georgie, I keep putting my foot in it today. If it was raining virgins, I’d be locked in a dunny with a ****.

28 Georgie { 04.27.12 at 2:37 pm }

I’m not maudlin CB and would love to get back to the business of this blog. Love Patsy’s slant on things too (now there’s someone who’s maudlin).

bdd – there’s nothing to apologise for, it’s all good. Bigfoot!

29 brain dead dave { 04.27.12 at 2:54 pm }

Yeah, I bought a Dalai Lama book a few years ago. He’s alright.

Patsy would love to hang with X Factor winner Reece Mastin,who reckons he’s changed since winning the reality television show:
“I’ve got my own personality now”

His new single is called “Shut Up And Ki$$ Me” (not a joke)

Delta was here during the week, too. Wow.

30 Georgie { 04.27.12 at 3:00 pm }

Daze – thanks and yes, way to go…

31 Georgie { 04.27.12 at 3:01 pm }

Lol bdd – you got more excited about missing one of The Voice contestants this week, than you did about one of the judges.

32 Betty Ballsqueezer { 04.27.12 at 3:14 pm }

Hey Georgie, referring to me as an ‘old tart’ should get you another red card from RR.
That was very wrong!

33 Georgie { 04.27.12 at 3:21 pm }

Good Betty B – I’m pleased you liked it. And according to the keeper of the blog commandments, it’s okay to rip into someone’s character (the category I think ‘tart’ would fall into). It’s the appearance that’s out of bounds.

34 Betty Ballsqueezer { 04.27.12 at 3:57 pm }

Ok Georgie, whatever makes you happy.

35 Daze { 04.27.12 at 4:10 pm }

bdd – so was Tania a Patsy? Very surprised she wasn’t kept on longer –

Very odd Capper didnt feature much – again a puff in a poof of media la la land and hype

36 Georgie { 04.27.12 at 4:37 pm }

Careful with all that puffing and poofing Daze – we don’t want to attract the attention of the Gestapo again. Those expressions could be interpreted as discriminatory.

37 Culinary Boner { 04.27.12 at 5:03 pm }

The Drop Kick Murphys should sue Reece Mastic for this travesty of their rousing classic, ‘Kiss Me, I’m Shitfaced’.

38 Exessex { 04.27.12 at 8:20 pm }

I find it totally GUTLESS of Charlotte Dawson not to respond to her comments that she ranted about last week versus her comments on tania’s appearance/Botox. Charlotte, I used to be such a fan

39 brain dead dave { 04.27.12 at 8:27 pm }

Daze….in a a way I wasn’t surprised to see Tania go down……

40 Fi { 04.27.12 at 9:01 pm }

I agree with exessex. Has she said anything on twitter about it or just pretending it didn’t happen?

41 Exessex { 04.27.12 at 9:05 pm }

I think she is just pretending she didn’t carry on like a hypocritical pork chop. I could be wrong, but I haven’t seen anything to the contrary.

42 brain dead dave { 04.27.12 at 9:10 pm }

A mutton chop is possibly more accurate.

43 Mahlia { 04.28.12 at 5:22 pm }

Tania is one of those office bitches who denies that it’s her that’s the problem.
Tania, it’s you that’s the problem. You’re not even good at disguising your jealousy of someone younger.

On the other hand, Lauren is very immature. She has not handled the game as well as Jesinta did last year, who showed she was made of some strong stuff.

44 Gran { 04.28.12 at 5:38 pm }

ouch, bitter pill today Mahlia?

45 Mahlia { 04.30.12 at 2:53 pm }

Celebrities do that to me.
And I use the word celebrity only cause I have to.