The Block – blocked

You’ll find it more difficult today to stumble upon potentially spoiler-iffic pics from The Block. Β News.com reports that a Melbourne blogger who posted some shots of the properties responded to a request from lawyers to remove them.

“They asked me ‘out of respect to their fans would I take them down’,” Jo said.

“I think they wanted me to take the whole lot down, but I said I was happy to take down the ones of the backyard and inside the house but I didn’t see a problem with posting ones of the street where anyone can drive past.”

Out of respect for the fans, perhaps The Block can stick to schedule tonight so the rest of the night’s viewing doesn’t end in the wee hours…?

1 brain dead dave { 05.01.12 at 3:38 pm }

A reality tv show respecting it’s fans? Now that’s a keeper.

What about Shambles At Sovereign Hill last night? No excuse for the Ballarat Borefest Ch 9. $cotty $ucks it up at Sovereign Hill.

2 Kate { 05.01.12 at 9:10 pm }

I’m sick of ch nine advertising that shows such as the voice will be running 2000 to 2200 then the block running over 38 minute tonight! WTF is with that? Do we therefore gt 38 mins less ads during the voice? I couldnt give a shit that some woman in Melbourne needs a stegbar window fitted at 2015, I’d prefer to watch the show advertised to start at 2000….5 mins late is fine bu 38 mins?

3 sue N { 05.02.12 at 6:53 am }

I agree Kate- whilst all the channels seem to have taken up this practice to some degree- this is 1 thing Ch9 are “masters” at- one of the reasons I soooo dislike watching their channel (that & Eddie everywhere).

It has to be a damn good show for me to even attempt to schedule it in, if it is on. their contempt for viewers is legendary!

and are we not getting recaps of the block episodes?? If we do I can save myself from recording the shows- which feature about 5 mins of worthwhile watching and rest is pure bilge.

Actually- I think they should be renaming it the “Dan & Dani” show- can they get much more camera time??? the other are barely given any time!!! Sophie & Dale a little bit, then the guys and Brad & Lara- you barely remember they are on the show!!!!!

Ch 7 may run over on some shows (eg dancing- & that gets my goat too) but Ch 9 “scheduling” is beyond a joke!!!!!!!!!! grrr :(

4 PollyB { 05.02.12 at 7:12 am }

My IQ schedule had The Block for an hour-ish 7-8, then the Voice finishing at 10.18pm. I’m in Vic.
I’m watching Fridays and Sundays of The Block. It is one looooooong advert. Crap.

5 brain dead dave { 05.02.12 at 8:33 am }

Dan looks a lot like Pat Cash. Makes me uncomfortable.

Oh the horse shoe chucking competition and the bowling comp had heaps of handy renovating hints, too. What are you thinking ,Ch 9? $cotty seemed to struggle big time at Sovereign Hill.

Geez, you got a problem with Stegbar ,you just get on the dog and bone to the Commancheros and they’ll send some conflict resolution experts around to torch a Stegbar warehouse or two and she’ll be right.

6 Picnic { 05.02.12 at 8:57 am }

Boring, boring, boring – first time as a very loyal viewer I will only be watching the room reveals.
I used to quite like Scott Cam – sooooo over the big ham bone now.

7 Lesley { 05.02.12 at 9:47 am }

I have never watched the previous programs of the Block and I now know why – boring. Three episodes were enough for me what is with all the games????????????? I thought it was about renovating.
Bye Block. Lesley

8 Tickled Pink { 05.02.12 at 1:01 pm }

The block has definitely lost its spark this year.
Less challenges and more renovating please, isn’t that what the show is about?
p.s Anyone else find Dan/Dani irritating beyond belief!

9 carrot { 05.02.12 at 1:21 pm }

yeah i agree, this year hasn’t been that enjoyable. scott cam’s constant mind tricks are really annoying and the contestants are just as bad. i’m really hating dan and his cocky blokey shtick. sophie whinging all the time isn’t fun to watch either. it’s unfortunate those couples are getting the most airtime. blah!

10 Not A Fan { 05.02.12 at 1:56 pm }

The unthinkable has happened, Scott Cam has become more annoying than Shelley Craft.
That’s quite an achievement.

11 Diogenes { 05.02.12 at 3:02 pm }

As seen elsewhere : come back “The Renovators” all is forgiven.

12 sue N { 05.03.12 at 10:58 pm }

I must be a minority, but I don’t mind Shelley Craft πŸ˜‰ ….oops, sneaks back into the corner!

13 brain dead dave { 05.03.12 at 11:17 pm }

She’s got a tough gig, playing second fiddle to the silky skills of silverback $cotty.

This is hell week. Ain’t that the truth? Hell for the viewers.

Dan’s getting plenty of camera time with all his excuses. Meanwhile, his girlfriend in those denim shorts would guarantee that more than scaffolding gets erected on this building site.

Hell, it’s bad but I’m getting sucked into it. You mongrel,$cotty.

14 Celebrity Apprentice Australia – So NINE Announces Winner 12 Hours Early | reality ravings { 05.16.12 at 12:03 pm }

[…] expect NINE MSN did not have Channel Nine’s legal team contact them as they did the lady who had pictures of The Block, but expect the internal phone conversations were quite […]