The Biggest Loser – Alex and Brenda Don’t Deserve To Win

Margie was lucky she did not have karma come around to bite her around on her not so large butt last night on The Biggest Loser. Margie who is one of the favourites to win, was up for elimination as she fell below the yellow line and Alex and Brenda gave her a leave pass.

Neither of them deserve the $220,000 first prize. Like the first elimination of this series Alex and Brenda had the option not to vote for anyone and save both Margie and Kasey and that is what they did.

No one would have thought less of them for knocking Margie out. Firstly because she is the biggest threat, and secondly she was the person that cast the first vote to eliminated Serena in the first elimination, using the excuse it is a game.

Of course Margie deserves to be in the final, in fact she deserves to win but it is a game. But neither Alex and Brenda had the spine to lop off her head. What would have you done?

There was a bit of levity in an otherwise serious episode when Kasey was training with Tiffiny. She was saying “Throw me some words”

Kasey said “Lonely”, “Shy”, and “Unhappy”.

“What are you”? asked back Tiffiny.

“The Biggest Loser” shouted back Kasey. A bad choice of words perhaps?

1 brain dead dave { 05.07.12 at 10:21 am }

This must be the third occasion where the opportunity to dump Margie has arisen. Kasey and Alex haven’t got the brains of sheep.

I would have sent Margie on a journey….to the coast.

2 Daze { 05.07.12 at 10:40 am }

This season has been the most boring and drawn out forgettable ever and I can’t wait for it to end. It’s just gone on and on and on. Hope Brenda wins but it will probably be Kasey (Who has flown under the radar for entire show)

3 Reality Raver { 05.07.12 at 11:42 am }

BDD – Could not believe they kept her. I either want Margie or Brenda to win but I would have stuck the knife in for sure.

Daze – It has had its ups and downs, it will be interesting to see if it gets recommissioned again. If Kasey wins it will be a joke.

4 littlepetal { 05.07.12 at 11:51 am }

The producers did their best to keep Margie in the game. I am sure they knew how Alex and Brenda were going to vote. You will think Margie will be going home as she has the lowest percentage weight loss and there is no way she could get out of this one.

Then they drop the bombshell!!! and surprisingly Brenda and Alex fell for it. Now Margie will go on to win the $220,000

Very unlikely Brenda or Kasey can win this as they are too far behind in term of total percentage weight loss and their starting weight is much lower than Alex and Margie.

Total % weight loss so far:

Alex 40.22%
Margie 38.4%
Kasey 37.35%
Brenda 35.02%

5 Tickled Pink { 05.07.12 at 12:34 pm }

I can’t believe Brenda’s transformation, she looks amazing!
I agree they were both very silly to not vote Margie out – she will win this

6 Reality Raver { 05.07.12 at 12:37 pm }

Little Petal – great analysis. I really don’t want Alex to win. Just has not grabbed me. Would like a female to win as they were the standouts this year. So go Margie.

Tickled Pink – Brenda looks great and is a winner even without the money.

7 brain dead dave { 05.07.12 at 12:43 pm }

Alex has piked on a lot of exercise/challenges because of his leg and hasn’t done as much. As it stands now ,he’ll need to have the rest of his teeth ripped out and then some to beat Margie….the mean machine.

Only creature capable of taking down Margie- Munnalita.

8 Remued { 05.07.12 at 1:19 pm }

Oh god Munnalita…one of my all time favourite fatties contestants.
I still use her catchphrase “Oy was fuuuuuuuurious!”

I love Margie & think she deserves to win, but if I had been there I would have plunged the knife into her back quick as anything.

9 kathl29 { 05.07.12 at 2:16 pm }

I miss the days when we had contestants like Munnalita. This season apart from Margie and Lydia they have been so bland and forgettable. I can guarantee that if you show me pictures of them in 6 months time I will not remember the names of most of them.

This year they seem to have no idea about strategy and getting rid of the threats. Why on earth would you just let Margie win because you are all friends?

This season is also the season where I believe that most of them will actually put their weight back on. In the last couple of weeks where they should be getting it they are still saying they need to be in the house so they don’t binge etc. In the real world when the novelty of being thin wears off they are going to struggle not to go back to old habits.

10 more than this { 05.07.12 at 6:06 pm }

I could not believe that Alex and Brenda fell for the blatant scam by the producers to keep Margie in the game. She has been so manipulative and hypocritical from day one that she doesn’t deserve to win the meat tray at the local – but I bet she will win this now! She would have knifed either of them in the back if she had been on the other side of the table, without any hesitation. Her tears don’t fool me – she is a manipulative personality.

11 JM { 05.07.12 at 7:33 pm }

I agree, Margie wouldn’t have hesitated to knife the others in the back if given the opportunity. I’m not crazy about her but if she wins she deserves it.

I have a feeling that Brenda might be the dark horse. She has taken on a new determination and drive that she didn’t have in the beginning.

Alex also deserves to win. Can you imagine the pain he has been in the whole time, his foot, respiratory infection, broken rib. Good on him for getting this far. It goes to show that you can do it with moderate exercise and diet control and that age shouldn’t be a barrier.

I like Kasey and if she wins then good luck to her.

12 Lisa { 05.07.12 at 8:28 pm }

I’ve enjoyed this season. I like Margie the best because she’s entertaining for many reasons.
I am fairly sure she won’t win as she has become quite muscley and muscle can’t win on the scales.
But they’re all worked hard and are very deserving.

13 Mrs T { 05.08.12 at 10:00 am }

it was a bit of a joke, Alex &Brenda should absolutely have sent Margie packing but clearly they weren’t going to, fools! Honestly I don’t care who wins, Kasey is a non-entity, Brenda is fine and has the fire in the belly, Margie is the one to beat and Alex I”m frankly finding a tad creepy.

14 Mahlia { 05.08.12 at 12:07 pm }

I agree, Margie can’t win – she has too much muscle bulk.

I also think there’s something creepy about Alex.

15 fiona { 05.08.12 at 3:28 pm }

I really hope that Kasey wins. Margie has to much muscle, Brenda is to far behind and Alex has to many injuries.
i was so happy that no one got voted out because who ever wins will deserve it more because there is more people to compete against.
Go Kasey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 more than this { 05.08.12 at 10:24 pm }

Well I bet Alex is now kicking himself all the way home to Glenroy! He had the opportunity to vote Margie out last week and squibbed – and has just paid the price ($220,000 that is!!).

17 brain dead dave { 05.08.12 at 10:31 pm }

Yes but he got to get his teeth fixed for the finale.

He’ll put the weight back on comfort eating over the $220,000 he donated to Margie. Alex is The Biggest Loser.

$lenda Brenda looked a smash. You could have been in there with a chance if you’d won, Alex.

18 brain dead dave { 05.08.12 at 10:42 pm }

Margie’s Incredible Hulk impressions on the scales when she won were gold.

Oh well, the best man won.

19 Georgie { 05.08.12 at 10:49 pm }

I can’t believe it. I’ve only ever watched one other episode of BL, so I sat through the whole finale, then fell asleep on the lounge in the last 15 mins. I woke up and it was all over, so I had to look in here to find out who won!

20 littlepetal { 05.08.12 at 10:54 pm }

Like how they wrap up this Finale quickly because they have the Budget Special on. Before they used to drag on with the weigh in and it went on forever.

This finale has no WOW factor compared to previous Finale. Yes Margie deserved to win and has lost heaps but there is no WOW for me. Even though she has lost 12.1kg since the last weigh in, I thought she looked about the same.

I thought Lisa and Brenda looked great.

21 Vikstar { 05.08.12 at 10:57 pm }

I must admit, I was gobsmacked when Brenda and Alex chose not to vote out Margie. It was a very expensive mistake for Alex and he really looked like he needed it. Just goes to show, nice guys finish last – or, in this case seeond. And Margie’s best mate, Lydia, scored the $20,000 but would have been pipped by Margie had she been in the final four. The girls made out like bandits!

22 Georgie { 05.08.12 at 11:00 pm }

She’s not easy on the eye that Margie – all seems like a bit of a waste really. Suppose she’ll buy a Harley.

23 brain dead dave { 05.08.12 at 11:06 pm }

Margie can take the Harley with Michelle Bridges riding behind and rev it up in front of dumbar$e Alex’s house.

Lydia had a lot of loose skin hanging off her, it’ll take much more than $20,000 to fix that.

24 Georgie { 05.08.12 at 11:11 pm }

I heard Hayley’s comment about Margie getting Michelle’s phone number. That was a joke right?

bdd – the best thing to do with loose skin is plump it out with a bit of fat!

25 littlepetal { 05.08.12 at 11:13 pm }

Yes, Hayley did say that. Michelle even had a morning run with Margie after the filming of the Finale which was 2 Sun ago.

26 brain dead dave { 05.08.12 at 11:19 pm }

It was a joke that wasn’t strictly a joke because if I remember right, Margie called Michelle a “distraction ” from day one because she was “a very attractive woman” so there’s always been some chemistry there albeit from Margie’s perspective.
The producers milked the intensity of Michelle /Margie’s trainer /fatty relationship for all they could.

Morning run? Yep, Michelle was flat out running with Margie chasing after her.

27 littlepetal { 05.08.12 at 11:24 pm }

Margie is a funny girl (Oops) guy? She say funny thing and always try to give the impression that she want Michelle Bridges.

In Switzerland after her bungee jump and when she met up with Michelle, Michelle said something like ‘ You didn’t die’ and Margie said ‘ If I did than I am in heaven and going on a date with you’

28 Georgie { 05.08.12 at 11:24 pm }

Poor Michelle – the things you have to do to earn a dollar. Innuendo like that could ruin her reputation and her love life.

Maybe Hayley should be put on the Harley.

29 Cak { 05.10.12 at 9:09 pm }

Margie was great but I am now very disappointed in her.

Alex (and Brenda) did her a big favour and she should have returned it by spliting the money, it was the only decent thing to do, especially for Alex who would have won if he voted her out.

I have no doubt if Margie had the chance to get rid of Alec she would have taken it.

Margie may have money now but she will never have character, she is young and smart if she have given away a $100k she would soon have made it back.

10 – 20 years from now the money won’t mean anything but she can never get decency back.

Mind you decent people never prosper, so I suppose this reflects life.

No-one will ever make this mistake in Biggest Loser again.

30 littlepetal { 05.10.12 at 9:57 pm }

Maybe the last elimination was a set up. Maybe Margie and Alex were about the yellow line and Brenda and Kasey below the yellow line. Both Alex and Margie knew the race is only between Margie and Alex and so they don’t mind if it became Final 4. Thus this gave the producers to play around with the weight loss and to create the drama.

I can’t see why Brenda only lost 2kg since leaving TBL house (only possible if they showed her lost more in the last weigh in at TBL house). Margie lost like 12kgs since leaving TBL house but she looked about the same as when she left the house.

This is my conspiracy theory.

31 ruby { 05.14.12 at 4:13 pm }

WHY, OH, WHY DIDN’T BRENDA ELIMINATE HER BIGGEST THREAT AND VOTE MARGIE OUT, AND ALEX FOR THAT MATTER?

YOU ARE NOT THERE TO MAKE FRIENDS, MARGIE WOULD HAVE ALL THE EXCUSES IN THE WORLD WHY SHE WOULD HAVE VOTED EITHER ONE OF YOU OUT!

NOTE: IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING, VOTE OFF YOUR BIGGEST
THREAT!

WAS MARGIE KEPT IN FOR RATINGS OVER THE LAST FEW TIMES SHE WAS UP FOR ELIMINATION.
BRENDA SHOULD HAVE SAID GOODBYE, “IT’S NOTHING PERSONAL” AND “IT’S ONE OF THE HARDEST DECISIONS OF MY LIFE” AND THEN SWUNG THE AXE.

32 littlepetal { 05.14.12 at 4:19 pm }

Brenda knew she can’t win