The Voice – Open Post

Sorry guys my computer has died. And yes I do have a back up one but it died two days ago as well so blogging from an iPad .

Because of the time consuming nature of blogging via iPad I thought while you were waiting for the recap you to chat about the episode and whether youthought the right singers were selected.

1 brain dead dave { 05.08.12 at 11:40 am }

Darren Percival’s next songs:

The Crying Game
Don’t Cry Daddy
Cry Me A River

It’s okay for guys to cry …but this is a schmaltzy game show and you’d think they were playing for sheep stations the way this guy melted down when he got through. I’d save that stuff for when you win X Lotto. I want a desperate ,generic cabaret crooner with a bit of grunt and ticker,please Ch 9..

Jer$on should have got through ,imo. Was that Delta who trashed him? She was on anything but a roll last night. At times,$eal looked as tired and bored as I was.

Twenty minutes at least overtime ,Ch9. You’re dogs. Ma$terchef are kicking ar$e with their scheduling. It’s about respecting the integrity of the viewer.

2 Mel { 05.08.12 at 1:16 pm }

For the most part I felt they made the right choices last night (as opposed to the first night) and getting rid of the karaoke king and Danny Green lookalike was a blessed relief. I thought the endless attempts by the coaches to give Casey confidence were excruciating and over the top. Her voice IS really lovely but she just isn’t a competition winner. I mean, there’s a difference between giving someone confidence about their abilities and then there’s silly inappropriate stuff about being sexy that is just plain cringey.

3 Ruby { 05.08.12 at 2:09 pm }

I was glad that Matt Shirvington got through. He plays in a band around Melbourne and is very good live. Plus he has to feed the bun in the oven once Blondie has baked it.
Poor Jerson – I know it is meant to be about the Voice, but in the end, the judges have shown without a doubt that the whole package counts as well – and a bald gnome just wasn’t gonna cut it.
Likewise, we just knew that Casey wasn’t going through. Not whilst the mentor was once married to a super model. Sorry, but he could talk sexual healing as much as he wanted (bucket time), but we knew Casey wasn’t gonna have any of it. The matronly bun & unflattering outfit remained. The beautiful voice was shouted down by a generic hotter mama.
On a happier note, Yiana is now free to strut her stuff down at King St where she’ll earn a small fortune in tips.
This time I have to say my opinion differs from that of BDD re Darren Percival. I really like him & don’t mind men crying. At least there are about 3 older guys remaining in the competition. But look what happened to Andrew Wishart. No record deal even though he was only beaten by less than 1% – but Johnny Ruffo has got a record deal & a contract with Channel 7. Life isn’t fair unless you are young, buff & can’t sing. Wouldn’t you pay to see Andrew sweating & huffing & puffing with a red face & his glasses all fogged up as he twirled around that dance floor?

4 KatMac { 05.08.12 at 4:55 pm }

Are we seeing the entire performances? If so it’s fairly obvious to see who Delta prefers – they are the ones with the dominant singing parts! The cute duo were nothing more that backing singers for Ben, and Viktoria had way more airtime than Peta, just to list a few. I’m sure it’s the same with the other judges but at least they are a little more subtle about it (Over the Rainbow, anyone?)
And she is so concious of being on camera, the constant staged posing is just too much.

5 sue N { 05.08.12 at 6:01 pm }

seriously pissed off that it went more than 20 mins overtime, so my recording timed out…. f**k Ch9- stick to your f**king schedule for F**king once!!!!! :(

& are we not getting any Ch7 reality shows blogged any more????

6 roland { 05.13.12 at 3:33 am }

casey’s outfit was terrible…whoever styled her for that battle should be fired. it was totally unflattering for her shape and who dresses redheads in bright yellow?

7 Arlene { 06.06.12 at 11:23 pm }

I have been to the voice face book page and have “liked” it as instructed but be darned if I can find the vote tab that suppose to lead me to an application to vote? Help me please?