The Biggest Loser – And The Winner Is…

Well Alex only has himself to blame for not having an extra $220,000 in his bank account. He had the opportunity to get rid of Margie on Sunday night’s episode but did not have the gumption to wield the knife.

Anyway I was happy with the win, with Margie winning the title of this years The Biggest Loser. She lost a massive 73.2 kgs. She also provided most of the drama in the house.

Interestingly she said in the Daily Telegraph that she had been bullied in the house by Hamish and Simon, and she also admitted she had been playing the game.

Lydia won the biggest loser outside of the house and this was a prize of $20,000. She looks like she is going to turn into a female body builder, she was looking fit.

There is no news yet on whether TEN will go another season on this show. The ratings were average, however they did achieve some romances on the show and considering it was The Biggest Loser – Singles that was a good outcome.

1 more than this { 05.09.12 at 6:59 am }

I don’t begrudge Margie her win…..she played the game, she lost the most % weight and she worked hard…..BUT she was an unpleasant manipulative personality and bullied (subtely and not so subtely) others and turned on the tears and act of weakness when it suited her. She wouldn’t even recognise most of this as these types of personalities believe themselves and the stories they tell themselves. One typical behaviour is to deflect and cry ‘poor me’ – the claims about her being bullied by Hamish (oh, please – did he whinge you into submission?) and Simon are just that – deflections and justifications. But I hope Alex (and Brenda) don’t dwell too much on their weakness in not voting out Margie when they had the opportunity and justification. When they watch the series back, they will see what Margie said and did about both of them, and others. Good on Lydia for winning the $20K – but she might be overdoing the muscle build up bit.
PS: I also would to know who the corset company is that supplies the goods for the finale – you could see some of them (Luke’s in particular for the blokes) under their clothing.

2 Mahlia { 05.09.12 at 7:42 am }

I totally disagree with all those who say Margie didn’t deserve to win.

She was highly entertaining in a reality TV world that often hands the prize to the most boring and bland competitor simply because they were inoffensive and quiet. It’s refreshing to see a winner who put in 100% to the weight loss/exercise as well as the strategic play.

The Biggest Loser is a weight loss challenge but it is also a game and Margie played the game well. It’s not meant to be fair all the time – just ask Graham! If you say people who play it like a game don’t deserve to win then you’re just one of those manipulated Survivor Competitors who sit bitterly on the jury and complain that someone lied to you that you thought you could trust. Pffft!

Lydia also played it like a game, as well as working hard and losing weight.
They’re both very deserving winners of a reality TV show in my opinon.

3 Daze { 05.09.12 at 7:54 am }

Lisa looked stunning and years younger and Michelle’s voice is beautiful – what a nice little bonus her singing on the Finale.

Hayley really fits in this show. I liked how she welcomed each contestant as an old friend. And, she looked gorgeous too.
Congratulation to Margie and Lydia on their wins for 2012.

4 Isabel { 05.09.12 at 8:11 am }

I agree Daze, I think Hayley has been a dream hostess for the past few seasons, what a difference to Ajay! It was a great night and I do think that Margie and Lydia were deserving winners.

Lots of teeth whitener ( James minus the braces); lots of fake tan; lots of false eyelashes; lots of heavy makeup; lots of Spanx (lots!) and some really bad styling from Channel 10, as usual. Michelle looked as if she was wearing a wig. I read that she and Hamish are looking forward to living together!

Talking about teeth, I did see that Alex had some extra teeth in his mouth last night, all nice and very bright.

Pity it’s over, I’ve enjoyed it – now it’s Masterchef and there are going to be some amusing moments there!

5 Georgie { 05.09.12 at 8:12 am }

I thought everyone showed some improvement in terms of weight loss. I don’t know all the contestants by name because I only watched the finale but some of the guys looked like they were wearing bullet proof vests – so I agree with ‘more than this’ in saying corsets were used.

It looked like BL got a relationship out of the ‘singles’ with Lisa and Simon. I thought Hamish was a ‘man boy’ and I hope Michelle realises she can do much better than that.

6 alicia { 05.09.12 at 8:15 am }

I hate Margie but she was a deserving winner.

Brenda looks good though

7 Amy { 05.09.12 at 8:31 am }

How has the stylist for the Biggest Loser finale not been fired yet? They put them in some of the most horrid dresses, go wayyyy over the top with the fake tan and makeup and some of the hairstyles were awful (Lisa looked like she had a mop on her head!)! Velvet, sequins….ughhh! I think Bek had one of the best dresses ever seen on that show, though. Even Hayley’s dress didn’t really suit her and she can wear just about anything well!

But as long as Commando rocks up in his suit with his cheeky smile and that facial hair that makes my lady parts ache, it’s all good. Sighhhh.

8 Mrs T { 05.09.12 at 9:53 am }

Indeed the corsets / spanx were working overtime last night, and why oh why do they put the women in highschool formal tresses? You wouldnt want to be taking fashion tips from the show.
I think all of the contestants did really well, amazing weight loss, Lydia now needs to slow down before she looks like a total juice monkey. Good on Margie, she played hard and well enough so that Alex & Brenda didnt get rid of her when they had the chance.
Um bullied by Hamish? I shouldn’t belittle it but what could he possibly come up with? I particulary enjoyed the crying montage during the show, priceless!

9 smauge { 05.09.12 at 10:19 am }

Margie said last night that she came in an angry woman and as the weight dropped off, she mellowed. I agree. She dropped that angry persona and we got a humourous Margie towards the end.
But seriously! Bullied by HAMISH?? AUGUSTUS GLOOP?? FFS!

10 littlepetal { 05.09.12 at 10:26 am }

Hamish and Michelle are no longer together.

11 Andrea { 05.09.12 at 10:47 am }

Littlepetal, I didnt know that about hamish and michelle, what happened? Ive had computer issues and havent been on for a while. I thought maybe Michelle and james had something going on in their duet? they look better together than her and hamish! he still looks like a little boy! disappointed that margie won but Alex had the chance to vote her off.

12 Amy { 05.09.12 at 10:54 am }

It seemed pretty obvious they weren’t together last night, they both said “our FRIENDSHIP” very pointedly.

I also noticed that when Lisa said her and Simon were going really well, she was shaking her head so body language tells a different story.. hmm

13 Tickled Pink { 05.09.12 at 11:25 am }

re: Michelle & Hamish, I sensed something last night they both seemed very awkward & i had a feeling that maybe they weren’t together anymore. I hope Lisa & Simon stay together, i think they make a lovely couple!

IMO Bec, Michelle & James looked the best last night but amazing transformations overall. Congrats to Margie for the win she worked really hard & deserved it.

14 Culinary Boner { 05.09.12 at 12:34 pm }

My cunning plan for a resurgent Biggest Loser in 2013 – http://www.watoday.com.au/environment/animals/famed-fat-cat-meow-dies-of-obesity-20120508-1y9l9.html

Biggest Loser Pets…

…let’s get Miffy on the treadmill before she carks it…

Listen up Ten. What other hope have you got.

Think of the pet food commercial tie-ins. What about a tie-in with Bondi Vet?

And who amongst us will be able to resist a budding cross-species romance between a fat labrador and poggy moggie. C’mon Ten, you know it makes sense.

15 Mahlia { 05.09.12 at 1:54 pm }

Someone on Twitter said Hamish and Michelle split 2 weeks before the finale.

16 smauge { 05.09.12 at 1:59 pm }

I’m so relieved they’re not together anymore! He’s going to get fat again and he would have taken her with him.
Can someone help me out? I was sure I heard on a recent show that it was only going to be a top 3 this year, but it was still a top 4 last night.

17 Mahlia { 05.09.12 at 2:00 pm }

Also, not sure about bullied by Hamish and Simon.
But I could believe, as the article says, that they may make disparaging remarks about her homosexuality. It happens.

18 AnonyMiss { 05.09.12 at 2:14 pm }

Smauge, it was supposed to be a final 3 (Margie & Kasey had the lowest weight lost so were under the yellow line) and Alex & Brenda were given the chance to vote or have a final 4 and they both chose to have a final 4.

19 Daze { 05.09.12 at 3:51 pm }

littlepetal – omg, and why aren’t I surprise re Michelle & Ham-ish – with new found confidence and gorgeous and young, the world is at her feet. Good on her.

20 alicia { 05.09.12 at 4:06 pm }

I hope michelle and james get together

21 smauge { 05.09.12 at 4:26 pm }

Thanks AnonyMiss.

22 littlepetal { 05.09.12 at 5:24 pm }

Some weeks ago Shannan P was on radio and he mentioned that Hamish showed him love bites on his chest from Michelle……he apologised to anyone who may have just lost their breakfast…….

If you were Michelle , would you want to be with Hamish who can’t even keep private things private? Someone also mentioned that Michelle lost her virginity to Hamish. Yak! Do we need all these information? Really glad that Michelle has dumped Hamish.

23 Georgie { 05.09.12 at 5:29 pm }

That’s a new one – hickies on your chest. I guess the BL’s have sufficient padding in that region to enable this to happen!

24 Ashlee { 05.09.12 at 5:32 pm }

Does anyone else think that Lydia’s body building has made her voice a little more manly, or did she just have a cold or something?? I would have liked to see Alex win but Margie has done a great job at playing the game the entire way through.

25 brain dead dave { 05.09.12 at 6:06 pm }

Now we know why Hamish drove 700 miles.

26 Ab { 05.09.12 at 7:06 pm }

I liked Margie but I am disappointed in her lack of conscience and character towards Brenda and Alex – Alex particularly.

Had it not been for their generosity she wouldn’t have been in the final, she should have done the right thing and split the money, either with both of them or at least Alex as he would have won if he took his chance to get rid of her.

Just shows being decent gets you nowhere in life, I am sure no contestant will ever make that mistake again.

Money is great but you can’t buy character.