Celebrity Apprentice Australia – Is There Really A Third Series In It?

Celebrity Apprentice’s series two is limping to an end. With a cast that looked good on paper they just didn’t appear to be firing up on screen. Dane Bouris has been cracking more jokes than Vince Sorrenti.

One of the issue how obvious some of the scripting has been with The Hoff leaving for “personal reasons”,  Patti Newton falling on her sword, and Jason Akermanis lashing out at how staged the whole show is.

Personally I don’t  mind reality shows having a bit of manipulation as long as it makes it entertaining.

Last night it was a double elimination with the teams of three having to produce a one page ad for BMW. Dicko, Charlotte Dawson, and Vince had pictures taken and put in the photo. Surprisingly Vince was not happy with his shots and had them done again. Even when they were presenting to panel the three just looked like they did not want to be there.

Whereas Ben Dark, who spent most of his talking down to Lauryn, put himself in the photo as a cowboy James Bond and made a pun on his name. Even with a technical error   in their copy writing they won.

Dicko saved himself in the boardroom with it was all my fault speech, whereas Charlotte did the opposite and kept on saying she thought the ad was fine even though she was given multiple opportunities by Mark Bouris to admit that maybe it was not that great. Mark Bouris ended up firing Vince and Charlotte.

I was slightly surprised as this means there are three guys in the final, and Lauryn Eagle is the last woman standing. She has a lot of moxie but she has also had a fair bit of luck on the show and has only been in the boardroom once and this was the time Patti left.

The final will be between Ben Dark, Dicko, he who never smiles Nathan Joliffe, and Lauryn. Ben or Dicko must be favourites to win, and at this stage I think Ben might take it.

If there is a third series it has to be good casting and let the advisors be more relaxed and unscripted both out in the field and in the board room.

1 Helena { 05.10.12 at 10:49 am }

I’m more of a fan of the original series, with “normal” people, so I’d love to see them do that again – but really any excuse to watch Mark Bouris ♥ will do me ;p

2 kess { 05.10.12 at 10:57 am }

Shame Charlotte is gone. Go Dicko, very cool speech and manipulation.
What a revelation Vince has been, he’s such a jerk and has given us not even a giggle……how does he make a living now? Can’t be jokes because he’s boring and nasty & petty.

3 Culinary Boner { 05.10.12 at 10:58 am }

Quote of the night went to Dicko for his bulls-eye description of Charlotte which incorporated the tags “hard-faced” (verifiable on screen) and “frigid” (guess he had a reason for saying this) if I recalls correctly.

Though in a real workplace I’m not certain Dicko’s cleverly put mea culpa would work so well. He really only survived because Vince is as exciting and dynamic as a wet tea towel and Charlotte was just too dim and self-absorbed to realise this was a challenge in which you admitted you stuffed up, rather than trying to ram the delusional “I’ve done good, sir” down Bouris’ throat. I used to be a bit of a fan of CDs for her outspokenness, but based on her forays into this site and seeing more of her narcissism on screen, she just seems to be a sad, ageing, and almost bitter, blow-hard.

Vince at least spoke graciously about what he got out of being on the show in his parting monologue. Charlotte’s monologue was mainly hot air and whining.

4 Brendan { 05.10.12 at 11:00 am }

Leaked List of Celebrity Apprentice Season 3 Contestants:
Ajay Rochester
Paulini
Gretel Killeen
Dieter Brummer

Mark Holden
Kate Cebrano

No name sportsperson

Model no ones heard of
Random contestant from The Voice
Someone from the last Block

5 Georgie { 05.10.12 at 11:01 am }

Had to laugh – after the firing aired, someone on Twitter asked Charlotte: “What’s happened to your face, it looks like a train wreck.”

Hey, I’m just quoting what I read!

6 Culinary Boner { 05.10.12 at 11:05 am }

Ajay!!!!!! (BO-OI-OI-OI-OING!)

I’ll be watching.

7 Georgie { 05.10.12 at 11:10 am }

Kate Cebrano!!!!!! (BO-O-O-O-ORING!)

I’ll be be hoping for an early firing.

8 brain dead dave { 05.10.12 at 11:22 am }

Re comment #4, top choices ,Brendan. I’ve heard that Craig Thomson and Peter $lipper are being head hunted for next year’s CA.

Mr Bouris -“Craig mate, you raised the highest amount of cash for your charity but a lot of it appears to have been spent at “$leazy Suzy’s”. WTF is that? Not how we do things at Yellow Brick Road. Craig -you’re fired.”

9 Stacey { 05.10.12 at 11:50 am }

Am I the only person loving this show? Yeh, the casting isn’t as good as last years but so what? You can’t win them all. For me, this season they got rid of the entertaining people early on. Fiona and Tania mainly. And they should not have casted Marion at all!
My hopes for next season:
1. Replace Dane Bouris AND the woman, whatever her name is.
2. Whoevers idea it was to get Ajay on, great idea.
3. Less ‘media-covered’ challenges. Get them doing more entry level jobs.
4. Go international somehow.

However, if Dicko wins this season, I wont even bother at all next time.

10 Maya { 05.10.12 at 12:13 pm }

While a lot of people would like more famous people on, the show would actually suffer, as A listers aren’t going to risk their reputations and make interesting TV. D listers and has been’s are willing to let their real personalities out and create drama. I think it would be fun to make teams of old shows, eg ex Home & Away v’s Neighbours. Or get a bunch or former child stars. Matt Krok, Brooke Anderson, Jamie Croft, and it’d be interesting to see Sarah Monahan.

11 Reality raver { 05.10.12 at 12:21 pm }

Darren Lyons? Or Christian Marchiani?

12 Mahlia { 05.10.12 at 12:34 pm }

Celebrity Apprentice will be boring while Bouris is a soft cock (sorry)
He’s way too nice to the celebrities
He needs to dissect the task and find blame. He needs to make the celebs defend their right to be there.

This season the board room has either been – who would you like to go forward with or why should I not fire you.
Stop asking the celebs what they think Bouris and make them squirm.

Then the audience will have some fun!

13 PollyB { 05.10.12 at 12:55 pm }

CB, LOL

14 Culinary Boner { 05.10.12 at 12:59 pm }

When’s Matt Newton out on bail?

15 Rosie { 05.10.12 at 2:11 pm }

Ajay? Oh Jesus I hope you are kidding us, Brendan. She may give CB the horn, but she just gives me a pain in the arse.

I enjoyed last night’s show. Mainly because the team that I wanted to win did so, and the people I wanted fired were removed.

I used to really like Vince, but although I didn’t find him “nasty”, he was just too…nothingy. And Charlotte? What a relief to have her vapidness (vapidity?) removed from my screen.

16 Darryl { 05.10.12 at 3:18 pm }

The only shining light for this season has been Katelyn the receptionist.

17 kess { 05.10.12 at 3:50 pm }

Mark Holden & Ajay, wow yeah they are both insane, he’s at least got a brain though.
And please make Dicko the boss, having him fire Holden would awesome.

18 littlepetal { 05.10.12 at 4:33 pm }

We knew she was no good but the next series will have Lara Bungle. She won’t be able to do shopping as she doesn’t shop. She can just ring around and get people to do the work for her.

19 Culinary Boner { 05.10.12 at 4:42 pm }

Bingle would also do well in the now obligatory nude challenges.

*gasp* Ajay. Nude. *faints from excitement*

20 sue N { 05.10.12 at 11:13 pm }

have totally stopped watching- just reading about it on here when I feel so inclined 😉 ….it simply isn’t interesting enough to sit thru-even with “ff”…..

21 Georgie { 05.10.12 at 11:23 pm }

Bugger, fell asleep on the lounge again. Didn’t hear the songs or see who got fired!

22 Daze { 05.11.12 at 10:35 am }

You didnt miss much Georgie; it was Dick*ead and Nathan V Lauryn and Ben with the latter being fired. Its such a contrived show and it was yawnfest last night again. But they are bringing back current show’s fired contestants and some from previous show to ‘help’ D&N in tonight’s Finale………. zzzzzzz

23 Georgie { 05.11.12 at 11:04 am }

Thanks Daze – I’d been hoping for a Lauryn and Nathan final, so was disappointed they weren’t teamed together. Sorry to see Lauryn out of the game, I thought she was pretty good value and didn’t let the ‘bigger personalities (egos)’ push her around. May be the boxing training coming through. I probably won’t see next weeks finale because it’s on at the same time as the AGT semi unfortunately.

24 Daze { 05.11.12 at 11:09 am }

Georgie, I thought the Finale was on tonight? Yes, Lauryn has a nice quiet inner strength; thought last night she reminded me of Tiffiny from TBL. I was hoping she would win, now fingers crossed Nathan does. Found last night Ben is a man of truth and integrity; he stood up to jaded John Paul Young and said JPY wasn’t helping with his mentoring, Go Benno!

25 Georgie { 05.11.12 at 11:24 am }

Daze, according to my program it’s next Wednesday night. Besides, Ch9 have wall to wall rugby league on a Friday night. Do you think Ben’s integrity may have cost him a place in the final or was Dicko/Nathan’s song better anyway.

26 Reality Raver { 05.11.12 at 11:35 am }

Georgie – I nearly fell asleep in the board room scene it went on and on. Weird ep as you can’t get any drama of people sitting around writing a song. Anyway blog post on it now up.

27 Daze { 05.11.12 at 12:13 pm }

Georgie you are right; I have too much chemicals blonding my hair at the moment lol. With Ben, sometimes we have to live our truth. With Dicko he’s just slimey and has 30 yrs plus industry knowledge. Still thought the reggae beat/song was better – D&N had a female singing their product whereas B&L sang their own song

28 Georgie { 05.11.12 at 12:28 pm }

Thanks RR, I was counting sheep long before the bored-room.

Daze – if JPY wasn’t up to the task they should have asked Deni to step in!

29 Daze { 05.11.12 at 12:32 pm }

Yes Georgie they would have won for sure with her voice, its a wonder (being SO famous) The Voice didnt ask her to be a judge lol

OMG could you imagine the fireworks Deni & Ben – run for cover!

30 Georgie { 05.11.12 at 1:30 pm }

Daze – other fireworks that come to mind if Deni was in the game this year would be Charlotte and Deni; Tania and Deni; and Lauryn standing up to Deni. Also a potential battle of the super egos with the Hoff and Deni; and a bloodbath with Aker and Deni.

There should be a Deni in every season. Bring back Deni – “we want Deni, we want Deni, we want Deni!”

31 Andrea { 05.11.12 at 3:38 pm }

Yes, strangely enough I agree, we need Deni, it is a bit boring this time round, they even did another P&O challenge! It would be good if the charity could be changed around each time so more of them could benefit from the monies raised, maybe each individual could keep all the money they had made on their own to present to their charity of choice, changing it at each different challenge. I liked the fast food challenge in the last series, it was more interesting. Even in the second part of the finale it is still about the song and where they go with it next. They could have done a different challenge. I hope Dicko wins.

32 Georgie { 05.11.12 at 4:15 pm }

Andrea, good to hear from you. Agree with your assessment of the challenges being same old. I also agree that the money each one raises should go directly to their nominated charity.

I hope Nathan wins.

33 Daze { 05.11.12 at 4:20 pm }

Georgie – Don’t know that Deni would have lasted the distance with either Dicko or Ben or Charlotte; Aker would have just chucked a chair at her and dyed his hair blue! she would have however intimidated everyone else, including Miz Zaetta –

She sure had this forum melting lol
Where the hell is she now?

34 Georgie { 05.11.12 at 4:23 pm }

Lol, good one Daze – “Aker would have just chucked a chair at her and dyed his hair blue!”

Yes we love a good meltdown on this blog.

35 Andrea { 05.11.12 at 6:24 pm }

Thanks Georgie, I have been having lots of trouble with my new internet provider but hopefully its fine now. Ive been catching up on all the comments posted, its been fun!

36 Ally { 05.12.12 at 4:35 pm }

Shame Charlotte Dawson was fired. Lets all hope Dicko wins it. Nathan Jolliffe is too young and weak. All my friends are hoping Nathan will win.

LAST WORDS- GO DICKO!!!