The Block – Dan and Dani and Andrew and Mike Must Be The Front Runners

The Block is winning the ratings the war against Masterchef Australia, and there will definitely be another season of the show next year. It appears the show may be returning to Sydney with a report in the papers over the weekend that four houses have been bought in Bondi and development applications lodged with the local council.

However local residents have lodged objections and are not happy about it at all. However the comments below  the Wentworth Courier article are amusing and basically tells the complaining residents to pull their heads in.

Also fans of this season will be happy to know they can inspect the houses on 15 and 16 June, and rumour has it the auction will be on 30 June according to The Age.

Sunday episode is the room reveal and this time it was a smaller bedroom and the powder room under the stairs. I am liking the different judges each week, last week it was due to John McGrath being ill, and this week it was unclear why Shaynna Blaze had been replaced by Lisa Green, Editor in Chief of House and Garden Magazine.

Dale and Sophie’s room was first to be judged and Lisa said it had nice feel. She particular liked the blanquette which is a posh term for window seat. It did cut into the size of the room.  John thought their was too much going on.

Quote of the day goes to Neale Whittaker when he looks into their powder room and says “I am not too excited about it”. What can you do with a room that only fits a loo in it and is wedged under the stairs?

Andrew and Mike did a kids room.  The bunk beds were great, but the huge tv was a tad over powering. John Mcgrath queried the marble desk whereas Lisa liked it and said it was hardwearing.

Lara and Brad were praised for their walk in wardrobe, however their bed head did take up a lot space in a small room. However loved the use of the sink on top of the toilet in the powder room.

Not sure why there was all the love for Dan and Dani’s bedroom . The colour was overpowering and made the room look small. However the judges liked the Indigo colour and the art in the room.

Dan and Dani gambled and used their bonus one point to win the week, just half a point ahead of Mike and Andrew, and the boys did not look happy. They consoled themselves by saying the judges had actually liked their rooms the best.

At this stage it has been Dan and Dani, and Andrew and Mike winning the rooms, but as we know anyone can win on the night of the auction as Polly and Waz did last year.

1 sue N { 05.14.12 at 11:59 am }

disliked the boys room- it was a confusing mess of young kid’s style and teenager’s room. TV was waaaaaay too big (21 yr tv addict daughter agreed, lol), marble desktop looked stupid and was overkill, and no side bar/rail on top bunk- big safety concern. I thought styling was very confused, so I am happy they did not win!!!!

I preferred Brad & Lara’s room, but did not mind D&D’s-& blue is my favourite colour :). Though Sophie & Dale’s was pretty good except for the desk- it looked dumb, cluttered and out of place! (IMO)

2 Tickled Pink { 05.14.12 at 12:21 pm }

I liked Brad & Lara’s room the best
Disliked Dan & Dani’s room – hated the colour & thought it closed in the room. Hope they don’t win every week, BORING!!

3 Reality Raver { 05.14.12 at 4:08 pm }

Sue N – Tend to agree re: the look of Brad and Lara’s room but not sure about practicality of it. I would think the people buying the houses would have kids. Though it would be good for teens or young adults. Can you ask your 21 year old what she thought??? For some reason Sophie and Dale are not getting any love from the judges.

Tickled Pink – my money is on Brad and Lara winning this week.

4 sue N { 05.14.12 at 4:22 pm }

RR- my daughter aims to emulate “sex & the city” style!!!! She is a total “fashionista” !!!! you should see her “2nd brm” now her brother has moved out… 😉

Her comments on Brad & Lara have been pretty good (we both think they are a bit safe colour wise, but a good neutral palette), and she said this week’s brm would make a good dressing room for her ;-)…

She did say that the walk in robe in their master brm was nowhere big enough (for her!!! lol), and wasn’t well enough planned- but we both think that maybe Lara is not a real “girly” girl- hence she doesn’t think like 1 ( we have very interesting discussions in this house, lol)

She doesn’t personally like Sophie’s quirky style, but she can see the appeal- and we both like them as a couple. I like Sophie’s style- well most of it!

we don’t particularly like the brothers or D&D…lol (yes, we have our “judgemental” moments!!! ;-)…)

5 Chunks { 05.14.12 at 5:51 pm }

Dale and Sophie are doing surprisingly well considering their complete lack of experience. Good on them. The set-up in Brad and Lara’s room was just weird. Didn’t like that at all. Loved the blue room but would like to stand in it and see what that’s like and think Andrew and Mike are the best chance of winning if they keep the standard up overall.

6 smauge { 05.14.12 at 9:10 pm }

I loved the brothers room (and them for that matter!) I’m pretty sure the top “bunk” was meant to be a seat to watch the tv from, not really as a bed.
I love Dale and Sophie’s shabby chic style but there was waaaaaay too much going on in that room! That table/desk thing was totally unnecessary.
Hated the big wall in the middle of Brad and Lara’s room. Was there a reason it was about a foot deep? I thought maybe it had shelves or something but I didn’t see the back of it.

7 I am not watching { 05.14.12 at 11:21 pm }

I was spooked by Sophie’s bed head in the master bed room. Don’t monsters emerge from stressed doors? Now she’s got a bird cage ready to fall off the mantel.

8 Rachel { 05.15.12 at 10:06 am }

I agree with Tickle Pink and thought that Brad & Lara’s room was this best!

9 nittywitty { 05.18.12 at 6:42 am }

RR – thanks for the info about what could be The Block 2013 . Seen in the planning alerts for Waverley council that the owner (Channel 9 ? ) is hoping to add an upper level as well as additions in order for for the new residents to live today’s lifestyle. Great to see !