Celebrity Apprentice Australia – So NINE Announces Winner 12 Hours Early

When is a spoiler not a spoiler? Well apparently when your own organisation does it. This morning NINE MSN announced the winner of tonight’s finale of Celebrity Apprentice Australia on the site, via a clip.

It is amusing but in fact it really is a major cockup.

NINE MSN has now removed clip of the winner of Celebrity Apprentice Australia.  Of course it has gone viral with people tweeting all about it. TV Tonight gives a good run down on what happened. Don’t worry if you are one of the few people who don’t know and don’t want to, as he has no spoilers on his post, and I won’t be putting one up here either. However for the curious just google or look at other Network publicists twitter feeds.

This goes down with the TEN putting up five episodes in advance of Masterchef on their website last year, which I kindly informed them of just as I pressed play on the upcoming elimination episode.

However TV Tonight also points out that this is similar to this year’s Gold Logie winner, Hamish Blake, being announced in the media before it actually occurred onstage.

I expect NINE MSN did not have Channel Nine’s legal team contact them as they did the lady who had pictures of The Block, but expect the internal phone conversations were quite terse.

Thankfully Mark Bouris doesn’t work for NINE MSN or someone could have gotten FIRED!

1 Ben { 05.16.12 at 12:10 pm }

I do find it a tad poor form from the rival network publicists posting spoilers on Twitter. Imagine their fury if we told everybody who won Masterchef.

2 brain dead dave { 05.16.12 at 12:11 pm }

Ch 9 have shot their yellow brick load too early. Mr Bouri$ has been dudded. I guess that’s showbiz,Alenka.

I had to stop watching this dead show walking several weeks ago.

3 Reality Raver { 05.16.12 at 12:15 pm }

Ben – To be fair the winners name was EVERYWHERE, in fact it was about 30 minutes ago that I was still watching the clip.

BDD – And the winner is AGT

4 Ben { 05.16.12 at 12:19 pm }

Fair enough, Raver. Maybe I’m being too harsh!

5 Reality Raver { 05.16.12 at 12:23 pm }

Ben – no I was amused by it and tweet and call them evil but I could not help laughing. I think the only reason everyone is going to town on it is because it was an own goal by NINE. If it had been another media outlet doing the spoiler I think other networks may have stayed quieter.

6 Mia { 05.16.12 at 12:33 pm }

Considering the person I wanted to win right from the beginning has won, I was stoked with the spoiler. Thanks, Channel 9!

7 Culinary Boner { 05.16.12 at 1:33 pm }

Bwahahahaha… what bdd said… couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of …. wankers…. talk about producing the juice before you put it in the caboose.

8 Suziekue { 05.16.12 at 1:34 pm }

Considering the person I didn’t want to win did in fact win, now I won’t have to watch the finale and see his miserably smug face on my screen again! Yay!!!!!

9 Picnic { 05.16.12 at 2:12 pm }

So happy about the spoiler! Now I wont have to watch the show to see the winner (wanted to use some adjectives here but then it would be obvious who the winner would be)

10 Diamme { 05.16.12 at 2:33 pm }

Didn’t they shoot two winner announcements last year so even the finalists did not know? Is this some hellish publicity trick?

11 Mia { 05.16.12 at 3:17 pm }

Apparently they did film 2 endings again this year. I’ll be filthy if they now decide to air the alternate ending due to the leak.

12 Reality Raver { 05.16.12 at 4:26 pm }

I heard they only filmed one ending.

13 littlepetal { 05.16.12 at 5:24 pm }

I think because this show is so unpopular Channel Nine might as well leaked this out so people will talk about it and hopefully some will watch to it.

14 Andrea { 05.16.12 at 6:27 pm }

I didn’t mind the show but it wasn’t as good as last years. I don’t know the winner but I think I can guess!. Some of the contestants just seemed like they wanted out of the show such as Patti Newton and of course The Hoff so maybe it was boring for them as well! Maybe there should be a series of The Apprentice again with ordinary people, not celebrities as there was only one ever made before they did the celebrity thing. It might be more successful you never know.

15 Daze { 05.17.12 at 7:07 am }

How predictable and a huge yawn. Wish Nathan won
As for the leak, wonder if it was sabotage, disgruntled employee or a public stunt

16 Georgie { 05.17.12 at 11:56 am }

What a total disaster this series has been, on so many levels. The one positive to come out of it has been the amount of money raised for charity.

I doubt we’ll see another series of CA.