The Voice Australia – Just Maybe Delta Is Not Shagging Anyone

It must break some sort of reality TV record, but The Voice judge Delta Goodrem has been linked with every male cast member, except Keith Urban, on the show.

First it was Joel Madden in a blind item on CDAN, and then after Seal broke up with Heidi Klum and after that kiss at the Logies it was thought the blind item had been about him.

Now the rumour is the person she maybe dating is host Darren McMullen according to the Herald Sun website.

Here is a novel idea maybe Delta Goodrem is not actually shagging anyone at all or at least not anyone on the show.

I am not a huge fan of Delta Goodrem since she inflicted her then boyfriend, Brian McFadden on the Australian public, but the rumours surrounding her love life are starting to look a tad sexist.

The rationale that her and Darren are on is that  he had a spray at Peta Jeffress on Nine’s Morning Show last week, who the night before had put the boot into Delta on Today Tonight. Apparently this defence of Delta MUST be because he is shagging Delta. Obviously just good friends don’t do that sort of thing…

It should be noted that I have reported on ALL these news stories so am contributing to this sexism, however yesterday it struck me that just maybe she is shagging no one, and none of the other judges are attracting this sort of attention. Particularly Seal who is also single and does not appear to be the type to lead a celibate life.

1 Culinary Boner { 05.21.12 at 3:29 pm }

Delta = the Jason Stephens of reality singing comp judges?

2 EH { 05.21.12 at 4:04 pm }

RR, it started with a blind item on CDAN rival site Blind Gossip and later revealed by the site that the couple subjected to the blind item was Joel & Delta: http://blindgossip.com/?p=37998

CDAN then posted a similar blind a month later http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2012/02/todays-blind-items-coverup.html?m=1 Most of the readers on CDAN reckon that Blind Gossip got the wrong guy. The blind item was about Seal & Delta, not Joel. The timing of the split between Nick Jonas & Delta and the announcement of Seal & Heidi divorce kind of confirmed it.

Although I must repeat all spoilers & blind items should taken with a grain of salt :)

3 Reality Raver { 05.21.12 at 4:20 pm }

Thanks EH. Next rumour will be that Delta is shagging one of the contestants.

4 MaxP { 05.21.12 at 8:52 pm }

Oh I doubt that Delta is not shagging anyone, although I agree that they may not be on the show. But just look at her track record, Philippoussis, McFadden a Jonas brother, maybe all of them ; )

No wonder the media are searching for someone on the show to be in the frame. I very much doubt if it is Darren McMullen though. Not famous enough and never will be. He seems to be a personality transplant donor.

5 Georgie { 05.21.12 at 9:49 pm }

My money is on Benny Bennett.

6 sue N { 05.21.12 at 10:23 pm }

why bag Delta so much??? how about the creepy Seal, or the toothpick chewing Joel??? fair’s fair…..

7 Kristi { 05.22.12 at 12:13 am }

What track record MaxP? That she’s publicly dated 3 guys in the last 8 years? I don’t know what you’re trying to insinuate but from where I’m standing I think it’s pretty normal for a 27 year old woman to have had past relationships.

I too am sick of all the Delta bashing and think that a great deal of it is sexism. And really, if she is hooking up with someone, it is nobody else’s business.

8 Oz TV Reviews { 05.22.12 at 12:33 am }

True Kristi but very few women date as many celebs or public figures and that is what creates the public interest

9 Kristi { 05.22.12 at 12:45 am }

Are you kidding me?! Very few women date as many celebs?! 3 is hardly very many and are you forgetting about the majority of people who are in the spotlight who usually do date other celebs? And I think it’s perfectly normal for Delta to date other celebs – it’s just like office co-workers dating.

10 Oz TV Reviews { 05.22.12 at 12:57 am }

Also true Kristi, but celebs make up a tiny part of the population and people always want to know who is dating who, there is a whole magazine industry based on it.

11 Kristi { 05.22.12 at 1:41 am }

Ah yes, I see what you mean, there is only a small celeb dating pool! Hence firing the public interest. Ugh, those magazines are so awful with all the speculation and muck racking, not good.

12 Oz TV Reviews { 05.22.12 at 1:49 am }

Yes and I agree, but they will always be around as long as people buy them, or websites that do the same thing.

13 The Voice Is Heating Up And I Am Not Talking About The Singing1 | reality ravings { 06.03.12 at 12:02 pm }

[…] The other rumours on the set have around coach Delta Goodrem, who has been linked with everyone bar Keith Urban, see previous blog post saying maybe Delta Just May Not Be Shagging Anyone.  […]

14 Hills { 06.25.12 at 8:59 pm }

Oh dear lord, can we just leave the poor girl alone?
I doubt anyone will care how many (or little, as the case may be) people Delta is reported to have been revolving around. If she is dating Darren then good for her, if she isn’t then people just need to stop commenting and immediately assuming that whatever guy Delta hangs out with immediately someone she just *must* be shagging, because that’s so logical and everything. If a female friend of Delta’s stands up for her and is seen out in public does that immediately make Delta a lesiban? I highly doubt it. It’s ludicrous.

15 The Voice Australia – Harrison Craig’s Audition Was Contrived And Over Done | reality ravings { 04.09.13 at 10:42 am }

[…] Seal again is putting together a strong team as is Delta but the poor girl again has to put up with the rumours of her bonking people from the show. Only one week in and the Seal and her getting it on stories have started. Last year I wrote it was sexist the coverage of her as at one point there had been rumours about her most of the judges and host. See that blog post here titled Delta Goodrem Might Not Be Shagging Anyone. […]

16 Dr T { 04.22.13 at 8:36 pm }

RR – I have just been on the Tim Tam run to the local Coles (by order of the wife)

STOP PRESS – this just in
Delta tells us – “He broke my Seal”

Hmmm… it appears someone may be shagging Delta.

17 Dr T { 04.22.13 at 8:39 pm }

(sorry RR – just saw your post on the main page under MKR – my condolences to you and your family)

Dr T

18 The Voice Australia – And The Kylie Must Be Shagging Someone Stories Have Started | reality ravings { 05.06.14 at 3:58 pm }

[…] For the past two years former The Voice Australia judge, Delta Goodrem, has had to put up with stories about her shagging her The Voice colleagues and now the stories have started that Kylie Minogue and Joel Madden are getting close. The ongoing stories about Delta resulted in a blog post titled Just Maybe Delta Is Not Shagging Anyone. […]