Carmen Smith To Perform On Australia’s Got Talent With Guy Sebastian

The prize for canniest move by a Network this week must go to Channel Seven with news that Carmen Smith, she who was exiled from The Voice, will perform on Australia’s Got Talent tomorrow night.

News.com.au is reporting that Carmen will perform on the show with Guy Sebastian. Carmen “withdrew” from The Voice because it was seen that she had an unfair advantage of being in the music clip with The X Factor judge. The majority of people thinking this decision was unfair by NINE.

Anyway Channel Seven has guaranteed that Voice fans will be tuning in to see and support her. Hopefully something good will come out of this for her.

One of the interesting things about her performing on another show, is that normally reality show contestants are bound by contracts that don’t allow them to do media on another Network and it is likely she would have had to gain permission from NINE to do so.

Unless as part of her agreeing to leave the contract was torn up, or the other option is she decided to do it knowing if NINE kicked up a fuss they would attract a backlash.

Also if you want to get an interview with Carmen do you contact NINE or Seven?

It definitely will be an episode to watch.

Australia’s Got Talent is on SEVEN at Wednesdays at 7.30pm.

1 Kristi { 05.22.12 at 4:09 pm }

Well played Channel 7, well played.

2 Joseph Skyrim { 05.22.12 at 4:19 pm }

And I’m sure they’ll be performing “Gold”, which Guy already did on DWTS a week or so ago. Wasn’t that great a performance/song I must say, but he’s definitely leagues better than his brother.

On a side note I only recently came across indy band “Walk Off the Earth”, and they totally defeat all the people on the Voice (arguably including the judges). They’re an entertaining watch too so I figured I’d share:

3 Susan { 05.22.12 at 4:23 pm }

I doubt ‘well played’ has got anything to do with it. She’s finished with Nine, so of course she’d perform live with Guy – she is the vocalist on the track after all. I don’t know who manages Carmen. I’d try and get her attention on Twitter or one of her other sites if I wanted to interview her. Why would it be anything to do with a TV channel?

4 joan { 05.22.12 at 6:02 pm }

Good on ya Carmen!!!

5 Kristi { 05.22.12 at 10:31 pm }

Of course it’s well played by 7, it’s a very smart move by them. As Joseph said, Guy has already been on Dancing recently so it’s highly unlikely they would be having him back on again except to take advantage of Carmen’s recent publicity.

RR, I though they had exclusivity contracts as well but then again Peta did that piece on Today Tonight the other week. Maybe the contract ends as soon as they leave the show.

6 auds { 05.23.12 at 10:31 am }

Joseph – Walk off the Earth are amazing – their cover of Goyte “somebody that I used to know” is even better. check it out

7 Culinary Boner { 05.25.12 at 5:33 pm }

If Delta Goodrem can perform at State of Origin, why can’t they get Cameron Smith on AGT instead of this nobody*?

(*Like them great mix-ups that Mick Molloy used to impose on Tony Martin on ‘The Late Show’ in the 90s – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGyD2hn7d3Y)