Mark Holden Sounds Like He Is Not A Fan Of Former Colleague Dicko

Mark Holden has come out today saying he no longer suffers from “relevance deprivation syndrome” like his former colleague from Australian Idol, Dicko. Though it sounds more like a case of sour grapes.

In the Herald Sun Mark Holden has a swipe saying:

“If you’re not on television you don’t exist. You know Dicko is already in there with (Nine boss) David Gyngell and he’s already trying to cash his chip,” he said.

“He’s relentless.

“He’s done an amazing makeover of himself into the lovely nice Dicko.

“I get asked to do Dancing with the Stars, I get asked to do Celebrity Apprenticebut, as a barrister, it doesn’t seem to be a part of me any more, fortunately.”

Holden said the only thing that could tempt him back to the small screen would be a character role in a drama or a show about the courts.

Interestingly enough Dicko is quite open about his fame whore ways in last weeks TV Week he said:

“The downside of fame is just how addictive it is. When the threat of it disappearing looms at large, you start to feel needy and really pathetic that it’s a commodity you want so much. It makes you feel dirty like any addiction would, I guess.”

1 Arr { 05.23.12 at 5:47 pm }

As long as Mark keeps taking his Caltrate I’m sure he’ll be OK.

2 roland { 05.23.12 at 8:46 pm }

no-one cares about mark holden,this blog entry is a waste of time

3 brain dead dave { 05.23.12 at 10:36 pm }

Seems like punctuation is a waste of time for you , Roland….that’s a whole lot lamer than Mark Holden.

4 Dr T { 05.23.12 at 10:38 pm }

Interesting… I didn’t realise Mark Holden was a barrister. That must be going well for him, as he’s a fill in on ABC relatively frequently.

I’m not sure why he’s taking a swipe at Dicko for still being on TV. I bought DVDs of Blankety Blanks (Graham Kennedy edition), and he was on then, so cumulatively he’s been around for more years then Dicko.

5 brain dead dave { 05.23.12 at 10:43 pm }

Dr T. MH has only become a barrister in the last couple of years- after his tenure on Australian Idol ended. He’s probably better equipped to be a barista.

6 Dr T { 05.23.12 at 11:40 pm }

I wouldn’t say that bdd… it’s not the easiest place to get to in the world

7 kess { 05.24.12 at 11:27 am }

Saw Holden last year sitting on Elsternwick station and looking mightily peeved – missing the limos perhaps?
I wish he would come back to TV he’s an entertaining nutjob.

8 Roland { 05.24.12 at 2:31 pm }

I’m entitled to my opinion, ‘brain dead dave’. It looks like you should brush up on your own punctuation actually – putting a space after a comma is nothing short of LAME!

9 Mahlia { 05.28.12 at 3:46 pm }

I like Mark. Not sure why he’s bothering to comment on Dicko. I don’t like Dicko. He’s had too many chances on TV

10 Mark Holden Thinks The Voice Coaches Are ‘A Waste Of Airtime’ | reality ravings { 06.11.12 at 4:38 pm }

[…] However it does make me wonder why he is speaking out so publicly at the moment, the last story was a few weeks ago bagging out Dicko saying he was a fame whore. […]