The Block – Who Is Your Favourite Couple?
The Block is doing something right again this year as it again is rating amazingly well. Last night it was 1.68 million viewers watching the room reveal.
Does anyone else think that Sophie and Dale’s was the best room or was it because they have yet to win a room? I note Brad and Lara won their first one last week as well. Therefore all teams have had a win and Dan and Dani have won two.
I thought is was the best, however Dale and Sophie are my favourite couple. Which team is your favourite?
A few thoughts on the episode:
- The flamingo light in Brad and Lara’s house – how do you clean it once it gets all dusty;
- At least Dan and Dani had some insight into how their stairway looked, would that metal on the stair make it slippery if it got wet? Also cleaning them looks impossible;
- However their guest room was well designed;
- Did not get the “All Night Long” routine or maybe I did not get the humour;
- Andrew and Mike are clearly struggling with styling, also not sure why they are always late to get their room finished as they both are able to do the physical yakka;
- The judges say about Brad and Lara’s hallway that it is a blank canvas as it was white, but Andrew and Mike’s was deemed to be too stark;
- I like it that the occasional different judge turns up as gives them a different perspective;
- Will the less styled houses do better in the auctions as potential buyers be able to be able to make the changes they want to?
TV Tonight also writes The Block producers are trying to ensure that all houses are sold on the day to ensure good TV. Last series the houses struggled to sell.
TV Tonight writes:
The Herald Sun reports each auction will now take place inside the The Block on June 30, with only registered bidders allowed to attend. Attendees will sign confidentiality agreements.
Bidders will have the choice not to be filmed for the program and producers are also making allowances for online and phone bidding.
All houses will be sold on the day, with the Finale Results on Sunday July 1.
It’s pretty clear Producers needed to intervene so that the audience enjoys a positive outcome.
The Block will be open for inspection on Saturday, June 16 and Sunday, June 17 with asking prices expected to range from $1 million to more than $1.2 million.