The Block – How Come Dan And Dani Were Able To Give An IOU?

There is definitely tension on The Block between Dan and Dani and the other three teams, and this is not going to be helped by the fact they have given Dale and Sophie an IOU note for their share of the $2600 they owe.

Last night Sophie and Dale had to decide who they would take the $2600 from and as is the producers thing they managed to stretch this out for a full 60 minute episode. In the end after Dan and Dani offered up a bonus point if they had to give $2600 cash. Sophie and Dale decided to be diplomatic and split it the pain between the broke couples. However once they found out they were only going to stump up a third they decided to go with giving the money.

The other two teams gave Sophie and Dale the cash, whereas Dan and Dani gave an IOU. Interesting considering they still have tradies working on their living room, and Dani has been shopping….

Either way this won’t increase their popularity on The Block as once again it will look like they have bent the rules for their own advantage.

Also after the debacle with Andrew’s water proof membrane in the laundry it makes you wonder how good the building work is if it is so rushed.

Expect a challenge or an episode where the teams get a cash injection to get them to the end of the renovations.

1 PollyB { 06.06.12 at 9:32 am }

I asked myself the same thing. I know it’s editing and all that, but, Dani looks so bad. ‘Game on molls’, she just does it so well.

2 Georgie { 06.06.12 at 9:51 am }

I haven’t watched much of this cause there’s usually better things on but I flicked over after MC last night. No work being done just a lot of talk about their financial woes, which is just a drama beat-up. As if they are ever going to be too broke to finish.

So why did the others have to give Dale and Sulky $2600?

3 Mahlia { 06.06.12 at 10:56 am }

Dani doesn’t seem to treat Dan very nicely at all. He seems lovely. I wonder if there’s a point where he watches and realises this is not how it’s meant to be?

4 sue N { 06.06.12 at 11:00 am }

I think it is wrong to buy expensive furniture/decor for room reveal and then return it- surely that is outside the damn rules???? and Dan & Dani should not be able to buy anything or pay any trades until they have paid Dale & Sophie- otherwise what is the point of D&S’s win???

I am also not impressed that we have NO idea what the budget is and where the money is coming from to buy all this stuff- for any of them! Cos apparently, according to Scott Cam, I understand it as- that credit they were given was for trades/ kitchens and that sort of thing- not art work and expensive linen?? so how is anyone paying for all this???

5 AJ { 06.06.12 at 11:31 am }

Yes – can someone please explain the budget thing to us?

In the early years we got room cost $xx and Jamie Drury would tell us how much was left but now it’s all panic panic – tears but no advice on affordability!

6 Chunks { 06.06.12 at 12:00 pm }

Dan is either very thick skinned or a bit thick but either way if The Block doesn’t have him questioning his relationship I’d be surprised. Being called a dickhead by your partner on national TV? Not great. But maybe he could give up carpentry and take up being a career doing commercials because he sure looks purty in those Maccas ads.

7 Mia { 06.06.12 at 1:03 pm }

Attitude wise, Dani reminds me of Kim from Kath & Kim. A gobby, bogan princess.

8 PollyB { 06.06.12 at 1:11 pm }

‘Gobby, bogan princess’ – gold

9 Bluey { 06.06.12 at 2:57 pm }

I wish the producers would just let them do the renovations without the stupid twist with Sophia & Dales winning challenge money. Also agree with RR about work being to rushed.

10 Jason { 06.06.12 at 3:31 pm }

I would be mighty pissed off if I was one of Dan & Dani’s tradies who might miss out on getting paid because she spent the budget on art works and fancy linen!

11 bella vita { 06.06.12 at 8:19 pm }

Dani is a total control freak mole in reality. Met her once, wouldn’t want to be friends with her or in a relationship. Her first marriage I believe didn’t last long.

12 sue N { 06.06.12 at 9:21 pm }

wow, she has been married before this relationship, which apparently has been on for 3 years- she is only 26!!! & obviously there are at least 2 dumbasses in the world??? seriously?!?!?! 😉

13 genthree { 06.10.12 at 8:54 pm }

Dani…………..where do you start and Dan quick, head for the emergency exit, jump if you have to, there are a couple of million people to catch you.

14 pangie { 06.11.12 at 1:58 pm }

I don’t think she is returning items that she has actually used in the room reveal she is simply returning items that were not used. I think we need to give Dani some credit here this is a clever move and Scott Cam even mentioned that it’s not breaking any rules.

15 Fadi { 06.11.12 at 2:16 pm }

I love Dan & Dani !!!

My favourite couple on the Block !

16 I am not watching { 06.12.12 at 10:17 pm }

D&D my fav too. Just because it seems like every Australian hates Dani, and I hate to hate someone I don’t know personally. I support princess too. And Craig Thomson. I can’t form an opinion about anyone on masterchef, but Jamie Oliver really showed them how to do tv.

17 Shirley Gussey { 01.08.13 at 8:06 am }

I like Dan & Dani but I do wish Dani would lighten up a bit. If Dan doesn’t leave her after the Block has ended I’ll be very surprised. Dani has wonderful tastes be they a little expensive. Perhaps she should go to Hollywood & do interior designing for the stars. She would never have to worry about budget & could probably have a great interior designing business making gazillions $$$. Sorry they didn’t win. I was hoping they would.