Masterchef Australia – This Week’s Odds

While you are waiting for The Amazing Race Australia recap (just razzling it now) have a chat amongst yourself about this week’s odds for the Masterchef contestants from Paul.

Poor Emma at the bottom, I think she has done more good dishes than Andrew.

Over to Paul:

$3.75 – Audra

$8.00 – Mindy, Kylie

$11 – Andy, Amina

$13 – Jules

$17 – Tregan, Sam, Ben, Alice

$26 – Debra, Julia

$34 – Wade

$51 – Filippo

$101 – Andrew, Beau

$151 -Emma

The top 3 haven’t done anything the past fortnight to show that they aren’t amongst the main contenders.

Andy, Amina and Jules have all come in after having good weeks.

I’m unsure about all the ones on $17 although Tregan has stumbled a bit in recent weeks.

Debra and Julia are both good cooks in their own way but both have their own individual constraints which makes it hard for me to see them winning overall.

The others are fairly limited and not well rounded enough. In my opinion.

1 Jess { 06.15.12 at 10:48 am }

I’d probably swap Kylie and Amina. I actually don’t remember much of Kylie’s cooking before this week, come to think of it…

2 Daze { 06.15.12 at 11:04 am }

OMG Mario didnt even make it. Forgot about this recap Jess.

We haven’t heard from Paul in ages

I predict Andrew or Wade will be going soon

The top definitely are Audra Mindy Amina Julia – strong 2nd’s Deb Sam Kylie and maybe Ben and Alice

3 EH { 06.15.12 at 11:51 am }

Agreed with Jess. Kylie & Amina should swap. Although Kylie did well in the one egg challenge & last night elimination, she also stuffed up Rick Stein’s seafood challenge & her profiteroles during the Tassie afternoon tea challenge. Amina is more consistent.

4 Daze { 06.15.12 at 12:10 pm }

Sure, Amina has hardly put a foot wrong, however I thought Kylie’s Spiced Poached Meringue Choc Custard and Baked Meringues was a real winner, even the judges were stunned. She said she’d never made it before……….

5 littlepetal { 06.15.12 at 12:37 pm }

I think Fillipo is a better cook than Wade. Wade, Andrew and Emma will be the weakest of the lot. Tregan is just on the borderline to fall into the last group.

My middle group will be Beau, Sam, Andy, Fillipo, Alice, Kylie and Jules.

Top group will be Audra, Mindy, Amina, Deb and maybe Ben and Julia

6 wannabecook { 06.15.12 at 2:44 pm }

This is my prediction for the top 8 :
Girls – Kylie, Mindy, Audra, Julia, Jules
Boys – Ben, Fillipo, Sam
Just for the fun of it, I’ll check here when the final 8 is announced to see my score :)

7 Mike { 06.15.12 at 5:23 pm }

Jeez, I wouldn’t even have Kylie in my top 10. Deb and Julia (unfortunately, as I like neither) are both genuine chances in my opinion — Andrew should be 1000/1 bookie’s hope. Filippo at $51? He’s a bit inconsistent and deserves to be outside the leading chances, but is he really this rough?

8 kess { 06.15.12 at 5:30 pm }

Amina will be in the final 3, with Audra and maybe a guy will evolve, Sam/Andy possibly. Could be all women as they are by far the better cooks in this lot.
Who will be the shock elimination this year?
Previously – Justine/Marion/Hadyn
Probably a woman, none of these guys would shock – maybe Mindy she’s been such a strong frontrunner and that is the type to go like that, Audra may lose the plot – but watching her do that awful salad with hate she’s a stayer.

Fil deserves to be higher, what are they thinking Tregan should be right down the bottom, and yeah Andrew 100-1 sounds right.
Who’s Wade? (just joking, but really…)

9 brain dead dave { 06.15.12 at 5:36 pm }

I don’t rate Kylie either but since Gary appears to be developing an unhealthy interest in her journey, she could hang around.

Andrew, Beaugan- when hell freezes over.

Wade- is that the price for one eyebrow- or both?

10 kess { 06.15.12 at 5:59 pm }

And I have to comment on TAR, if you didn’t watch this do so – I believe it may just be the funniest thing I have seen this year, thanks to the botox lady.

11 littlepetal { 06.15.12 at 6:04 pm }

kess – who is the botox lady in TAR?

12 kess { 06.15.12 at 6:37 pm }

Cougar woman with young guy, has huge eyebrows, hunners instead of runners, I thought I was dreaming it’s so funny what she does this ep, especially in the cab.

13 Daze { 06.16.12 at 7:02 pm }

I agree RR, Emma shouldn’t be on the bottom, and Beau has come up with some good dishes, unlike Wade – my list is:

$ 3.75 – Audra, Mindy (both are the best consistently)
$ 8.00 – Amina
$11.00 – Deb, Julia, Sam, Ben
$13 – Jules
$17 – Alice
$26 – Beau
$34 – Kylie, Tregan, Andy
$51 –Filippo, Emma
$101 – Wade
$151 – Andrew

14 littlepetal { 06.16.12 at 8:52 pm }

Just found out that Andrew runs a successful Hairdressing Salon in Katoomba.

Even if he bomb out of MC, he still has a business waiting for him.

15 brain dead dave { 06.16.12 at 8:59 pm }

When he bombs out of MC. I hope he cuts hair better than he cuts salmon;.

Two huge events approaching- Julie Goodwin and the Tour de France