The Voice Australia Rated It’s T**ts Off!

I am not one to dwell on ratings. Yes I keep a sneaky side eye on it to see which shows are engaging the viewers, but it does not sway my editorial content.

Regular readers are aware I was quite happy to recap The Renovators when it was tanking, and probably should be giving more love to The Block due to it’s super figures this year. Yes some Block loving is happening today. And yes I will be watching Being Lara Bingle tonight….

However last night The Voice rated over four million viewers when the winner was announced last night, which will be the highest rating reality show this year. But that is the numbers for a small section of the show so it is all confusing.

I have cut and pasted a press release and that will show you why I rarely discuss my ratings as stats were never my strong point.

Karise Eden was crowned the winner last night on The Voice Grand Final – Winner Announced, securing a staggering peak Total People audience of 3.366 million with an average of 3.238 million viewers.

The National (5 City Metro and Regional) for The Voice Grand Final – Winner Announced saw the peak audience grow to 4.542 million and the average to 4.343 million viewers.

The Voice Grand Final – Winner Announced has established itself as the highest ever rating Light Entertainment program since the introduction of OzTAM in 2001.

The Voice Grand Final – Winner Announced dominated the evening and is now the No.1 program of 2012 with People 25-54, 18-49, 16-39 and Total People across the 5 City Metro.

The Voice Grand Final was the No.2 program of the night with People 25-54, 18-49, 16-39 and Total People, securing an impressive peak Total People audience of 3.259 million with an average of 2.749 million viewers across the 5 City Metro.

The Block 2012 easily won its timeslot with People 25-54, 18-49, 16-39, Total People and peaked with a Total People audience of 1.813 million and an average of 1.501 million viewers.

Tricky Business was a timeslot winner with People 25-54, 18-49, 16-39 and Total People across the 5 City Metro.

These incredible results lead the Nine Network to secure enormous winning shares across the 5 City Metro with People 25-54 (41.8%), 18-49 (42.1%), 16-39 (42.3%) and Total People (37.9%). Locally, Nine achieved the following winning shares: People 25-54 (43.3%), 18-49 (42.7%), 16-39 (43%) and Total People (38.8%).

Hopefully you guys can interpret them better then I can.

1 brain dead dave { 06.19.12 at 11:30 am }

At the time the winner was unannounced sure ,the numbers are understandable. Now for the Westfield gigs, Kari$e.

I had large parts of the show muted and captioned -and that wasn’t enough to save me from Mahalia Barnes .Thanks for the mammaries,baby.

2 hoople { 06.19.12 at 11:30 am }

They’re good! Not Masterchef early days good, but pretty phenomenal in the current tv landscape

3 Liz { 06.19.12 at 11:38 am }

Will be interesting to see the official, adjusted figures for “Tricky Business” which leveraged (obviously intentionally) off The Voice running over. TV station ratings releases are like trying to decipher the Dead Sea Scrolls, as each station works the figures to their own advantage. Really, the only accurate ones are the official, adjusted OzTam ones.

4 brain dead dave { 06.19.12 at 2:28 pm }

What did Ma$terchef throw up against The Voice last night?

Surly,grown men(aside from George) standing around agonizing over the thickness of the pastry on a quiche.

Not exactly Ma$terchef’s finest hour.

5 Anonymous { 06.19.12 at 3:56 pm }

The voice grand final was good last night and deserved to rate well. Enjoyed the duets and the mahlia/prinny song with jimmy barnes. Am going a little off topic now because need to have a rant at channel nine. They are so focused on channel nine that they forget they have a channel called gem. The facebook page of gem is full of advertisements for channel nine shows. The gem channel itself is full of repeats. Any new shows don’t get given a chance. Take for example a show called drop dead diva. It was moved from channel nine, to go and then to gem. They have only shown three episodes of season 3 and that was oct/nov last year. Season 4 has just started in the us and we haven’t even seen season 3. I don’t trust watching new shows on channel nine because I don’t beleive they will finish a complete season. I only watched the voice because the ratings were so high I knew I would get to watch a full season. Channel nine need to lift their game and have better offerings on gem. Gem is not channel nine. Rant over.

6 smauge { 06.20.12 at 3:36 pm }

Does anyone else think its kind of cheating to count the end of a show as a show in itself?

7 Reality Raver { 06.20.12 at 3:43 pm }

smauge – yes I do indeed!