Gordon Ramsay – Continues To Be As Egotistical As Ever

Gordon Ramsay continues to show his ego is much bigger than any of his prices at his many restaurants world wide, with it being reported he was racist towards Top Chef Master’s winner Marcus Samuelsson.

It is reported in the Daily Mail that in Marcus’s new autobiography that Gordon called him a ‘f****** black b******’.

The article stated:

Samuelsson, 42, said he thought it was a call from a friend in New York, but added: ‘Instead, there was screaming. “How the f*** can you come to my f****** city and think you are going to be able to cook without even f****** referring to me?”

He claims Ramsay was angry that Samuelsson had not named him when he was asked which chefs he admired.

‘On my second day I was cooking when a phone call came into the kitchen. The executive chef answered and with a puzzled look handed me the receiver.’

‘This went on for what seemed like five minutes. “I’m going to make sure you have a f****** miserable time here. This is my city, you hear? Good luck, you f****** black b******.” Then he hung up.

‘To be honest, though, only one phrase in his juvenile tirade unsettled me: When he called me a black b******. Actually, I didn’t give a f*** about the b****** part. But the black part p***** me off.’

Gordon is denying the uncorroborated claim. Saying years after the alleged incident he had auditioned Marcus to be a judge on Masterchef US, a role he did not get.

Who knows where the truth lies. Marcus wants to sell books? However Gordon is known for his ego and temper and the books publisher has decided to keep the allegations in. Will Gordon sue? We will have to wait and see.

If you want to see Gordon Ramsay at his scathing best he is currently being shown on Kitchen Nightmares on Channel NINE at 11.00pm on Tuesday nights.

1 kingfisher { 07.16.12 at 10:02 am }

i used to love his show especially when he did english restaurants but then he went to america and it became trash ,badly edited and ramsay became a bigger bully . i watch a recent episode and he has gone back to england and thought o’k i give it a go but no he is just smart arse big bully picking on the weak , i would not back down to him i would give it back to him and return all the insults he has given to all his victims face to face , i know you will be saying that i am carrying on just like him but sometimes you just have to stand up and so no !!! his star has faded now people don’t forget

2 Andy Pandy { 07.16.12 at 10:26 am }

I used to like the English version too (apart from all the F word usage) as it was quite a good show and he genuinely seemed to want to improve the restaurants but then the fame went to his head and it went downhill once he was in USA. I cannot stand him now, he’s a fool!

3 Culinary Boner { 07.16.12 at 10:46 am }

Marcus was a star on Top Chef Masters season 2 – http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef-masters/bio/marcus-samuelsson – a program which Gordon, for all his entertainment value, would no doubt fail on.

I suspect Gordie’s just a bit jealous of Marcus’s BBC*.

* not a TV station

4 Culinary Boner { 07.16.12 at 10:52 am }

While on Top Chef Masters, here’s one for the ladies:

Sorry Gordon, you appear to have been overlooked. Marcus on the other hand…

5 Beatdan { 07.16.12 at 1:11 pm }

Gordon is back in fine form on the newest US Masterchef series – swearing and mean but without the bullying undertones from his other shows…

The weirdest Gordon Ramsay show I’ve seen recently has him traveling to south east Asian countries to “learn their cuisines within a week” – its fun watching such an angry man getting his ass kicked by the local cooks (not sure when the show is on, but its currently on SBS or ABC)

6 Paula { 07.16.12 at 1:48 pm }

The man is a Jerk! I was watching Gordon’s Escapes on ABC last week and he is so patronising it’s disgusting. He cooks 3 meals with Malaysian cooks then thinks he has mastered the cuisine and can compete and win against the countries best home cooks. I would have turned it off but I am about to go there on holiday so was really interested in the food.

7 Bolders { 07.16.12 at 5:10 pm }

Andy Pandy agree – he is a caricature of his former self. I mean, does the man have Tourette Syndrome or does he only know 5 swear words with which to express himself?

Plus I never forgave him for that disgusting attack on at Tracy Grimshaw – Pig.

8 Lebay { 07.17.12 at 5:30 am }

Everyone with a FoodDream needs to watch the US series of Hells Kitchen, this is the closest I have found to show what a REAL apprenticeship is like. It’s not all ‘beautiful produce’ and faffing about with ‘protein’. It’s getting your ass kicked daily, its working like a dog on weekends and public holidays and every other time your mates are out having a good time. It’s the feeling of accomplishment when you finally master the technique you have been working on. Gordon may be an asshat, on tv, but don’t kid yourself that this kind of behavior is not going on in the kitchen of your fave hatted eatery.

9 sauron { 05.26.13 at 3:02 pm }

Ramsay is a British cook. ha! Anyway, the guy is a used ass wipe.