The Shire – What Is It Going To Be Like?

The question that needs to be asked about The Shire is which show is going to be trashier this, or Being Lara Bingle? If I was a betting person I would say The Shire.

As none of these contestants have a “brand” to protect and let’s face it they are only on this lowest common denominator reality show for fame.

The promos and the sneak peeks show on Channel TEN are getting people talking about the but will this translate into viewers? We will have the answer to that tomorrow morning.

One think Network TEN have been desperate to say is that it is no Jersey Shore, that it is more like the The Only Way Is Essex. This was no surprise  when we saw the marketing material it was based on the TOWIE one.

TV Tonight has a good interview with Network Ten’s programmer David Mott talking about the show and how it was cast and what we can expect.

Also if the show is a success they can expect the filming to be very different from Season One. Here is a very good article from Jezabel about what happened when they stalked the Jersey Shore on filming day.

The official site is The Shire.

The Shire will screen tonight on Network TEN at 8.00pm.

1 TickledPink { 07.16.12 at 4:37 pm }

I’ve heard from someone who lives in the shire, that these people are just actors who actually live in the north shore! hmm..

2 Culinary Boner { 07.16.12 at 4:42 pm }

I am so not looking forward to this show, which is usually a good sign that it will rate it’s tits and gonads off.

3 brain dead dave { 07.16.12 at 5:02 pm }

The badass blonde is going to struggle on a geetar with long fingernails like that.

I guess this is what happens when laboratory rats learn a few words, how to get pissed and go shopping.

4 Bolders { 07.16.12 at 5:04 pm }

It looks like a bunch of skanks to me. This is based on TEN’s promos so not my fault.

Cant we follow university graduates trying to find a job and an apartment in this here new economy? You know, if we have to follow the youngsters at all.

5 Sioux Denim { 07.16.12 at 5:53 pm }

Two of these goose’s were on Perth radio this morning – even the announcers were emabrrased to be interviewing them!!!

6 Bolders { 07.16.12 at 9:37 pm }

Saw the first 15 or so mintues of this show tonight.

If that isn’t scripted then I’ve got a bridge on Sydney harbour to sell to myself.

Sheesh.

7 brain dead dave { 07.16.12 at 9:55 pm }

I saw it all but had it captioned and muted after 15 minutes. Ch 10 have got a real stinker on their hands here.

Surely this show will be lucky to run for a month.

The cretins that produced this are lower than shark $hit.

8 Chunks { 07.16.12 at 10:31 pm }

Well so far it’s excruciating and it’s only been on for about 20 minutes. I’m sure that party wasn’t scripted at all… That’s enough for me.

9 Bolders { 07.16.12 at 10:37 pm }

What about those two brown ducks with the perpendicular lips on the beach – firing off screamers like:
“I’ve got fake boobs”
“I’ve got fake tan”
“I’ve got botox”
“I haven’t got botox – can’t wait.”

I mean that has to be something someone told them to say. Right? RIGHT?

10 Reality Raver { 07.16.12 at 11:21 pm }

Bolders – that dialogue would not be so bad if they had not proclaimed at the beginning – No Script! how dumb do they think we are?

11 Bolders { 07.16.12 at 11:43 pm }

As dumb as the stars on the show RR.

I would love it if Australia , unlike the US and UK, totatlly rejected this shite.