The Amazing Race Australia – Cuba Continued
The two hour penalty that Joseph and Grace received at the interim pit stop was like being hit with wet lettuce. As the next challenge was a roadblock that did not start until the morning they caught up.
The leg was run again in Cuba, the first time the show has been in the country, so why not milk it for two episodes arranging it must have been a logistical nightmare.
A few comments on the episode:
- On the fishing roadblock, it was hilarious when Jo was dry wretching because she was sea sick and Michelle says to her “put you head over the side dickhead.”
- Were the contestants also in the running to be on The Shire, none of them had heard of Che nor could they pronounce it. Props to Sarah who knew it was the guy on the t-shirt;
- Interesting when Paul and Steve went up the stairs at the hotel there were people standing on the stairwells not moving, but when Sticky and Sam got there there was no one. Maybe they were wanting people to catch up with Paul and Steve who have won the last three legs.
- Grace wanted to do the Daquiri detour with Joseph not keen to and when she dropped her tray he told her that was the last time she would be making a decision;
- Grace’s pathetic apology. She talks big to the camera but crumbled in front of Sarah, good on Sarah for not buying it;
- Sticky and Sam were about the only team not to pay for a taxi driver to show them the way to the motorway to get to Australia – big mistake they got seriously lost and therefore eliminated.
Paul and Steve were first to the pitstop again, hopefully they will get pegged back next leg otherwise it is going to get boring.
The finish order:
1. Paul and Steve (Won holiday to Queenstown, NZ)
2. Shane and Andrew
3. Michelle and Jo
4. James and Sarah
5. Lucy and Emilia
6. Joseph and Grace
7. Sticky and Sam (eliminated)
Next week Vancouver, Canada we are into the last four episodes.