Guest Post: Masterchef Australia – The Final Week Odds

Thanks for doing the odds again this year Paul – always a bit of fun. At the moment I am trying to decide who to go for. Heart says Julia but considering it is a cooking competition the best cook SHOULD win and Audra really has not skipped a beat. It is a pity we did not know about her “catering” business at the start, like Julia’s cake business. When information like this is hidden it tends to have a bigger impact than if they had been upfront at the start.

Also please keep comments on the subject not attack the commentator.

Over to your Paul:

$3.25: Audra, Mindy

$4.00: Kylie

$8.00: Julia

$11 : Andy

$21: Ben

Nothing has changed my mind for the past month in that the top three girls are clearly the ones to beat. In fact (big statement here) I think they are three of the best competitors to ever grace the Masterchef series so whoever loses can consider themselves unlucky.

Julia doesn’t have the range of the other girls but her determination and poise under pressure can never be questioned whilst Andy and Ben are out of their depth at this stage in the competition in my opinion.

1 A.P { 07.20.12 at 5:03 pm }

Hi Annajjj, yeah Leos are the best!
BDD is growing on me and he’s given me a new name which I like!
E.H, you’re welcome!
BDD, what about Farmer Dave having the big melt down and demanding to be let out of the house and who could forget the twins?

2 littlepetal { 07.20.12 at 5:11 pm }

Annajjj and AP-I have to agree on this one – Leos are the best :)

3 brain dead dave { 07.20.12 at 5:16 pm }

I forget the twins….or are you talking about Kry$tal’s fake puppies?

There were a couple of twins on The Biggest Loser and I spotted them buying a $***load of junk food and confectionery at a We$tfield not long after the show finished.

Not sure, littlepetal.

4 JLo (formerly known as EH) { 07.20.12 at 5:17 pm }

I think I am going to reconsider AP’s earlier suggestion (she loves both EH & JLo), JLo is a more appropriate screen name for me. A little trashier but colourful. I have always wanted to join the J trend on this blog.

5 Chunks { 07.20.12 at 5:26 pm }

The twins were the Logans who actually won their series. Well the nice Beta twin won it and the nasty Alpha one tagged along because they were treated as a single person after they failed to fool the housemates when they kept swapping places overnight at the start.

6 A.P { 07.20.12 at 5:37 pm }

Yep, the Logans BDD! Two brothers from BL, can’t remember their names, live in my home town and they’ve put weight back on too!
Hi Littlepetal Leo!
JLo, yes we both need a change so thanks to you and BDD for starting it, and Gillian! Makes it more interesting!

7 littlepetal { 07.20.12 at 5:40 pm }

EH-Please don’t change your screen name to JLo. I am having difficulty keep tracking of who is who and there are too many Js here.

BDD-What do you mean not sure? Yes, Leos are the best

8 JLo { 07.20.12 at 5:49 pm }

Sorry to disappoint you, Littlepetal. Already made up my mind.

Actually I do look like her in this picture but with a pair of glasses (frameless & not as huge as Alice). I often tie my hair in a bun at home lol.

Have a great weekend :)

9 brain dead dave { 07.20.12 at 7:03 pm }

The twin Losers I saw at Westfield were females from I think the year JJ (a pie demolishing truckie Adelaide contestant, he escaped from Camp Biggest Loser) was on the show.

I do remember Farmer Dave’s meltdown in BB. He just wasn’t ready for shallow city types that stab your back as soon as look at you.

The name Logan sure rings a bell, too, but from Bold And The Beautiful..

10 Morgan { 07.20.12 at 7:42 pm }

With all the talk of the dessert queens, perhaps next year’s Masterchef special spinoff will feature past contestants who were known for their desserts. Lik Top Chef: Just Desserts. The cast could feature:

Kate (S1)
Skye
Kate (S3) – although I’m not sure they’d bring her back for a third season.
Alana
Billy
Kylie
Julia
Emma

11 Angry of Mayfair { 07.21.12 at 1:02 am }

Bring back Kantong Kate, or Beanie Douche

12 littlepetal { 07.21.12 at 10:12 am }

Emma doesn’t fall into the above

13 Morgan { 07.21.12 at 2:19 pm }

I thought she was a dessert specialist, littlepetal.

14 brain dead dave { 07.21.12 at 2:49 pm }

Desert specialist. People taste Emma’s food, then they desert her.

Don’t know how her dream business is going in Adelaide. I’ve heard nothing at all.

Emma did say desserts were her thang. Then ,she would say that…in between the tears.

15 Anna { 07.21.12 at 2:51 pm }

Matt Preston, how could you? That baked bean soup (Tuscan Soup, my foot) was a travesty, and yes I made it. Call it an experiment. Reminded me of the tomato soup with milk that we used to have as kids. I thought that Audra was very diplomatic when tasting it.

Will future contestants get away with using baked beans and coke? I think not.

16 Dunbi { 07.21.12 at 4:01 pm }

I didn’t fancy the baked bean soup, served cold (?) with oil on top. Did laugh though when baked beans were used after our comments on them yesterday.
Wouldn’t mind giving the chicken wings a go. I thought the Masterclass was a bit of lighthearted fun and quite enjoyed it.

17 A.P { 07.21.12 at 4:08 pm }

Yes I was wondering how those dishes would taste, would be worth giving it a try. I wonder if that is the limit of Matt Preston’s cooking skills? Don’t you have to be a pretty good cook yourself to be an expert taste tester and food critic like him? Just wondering what his qualifications are?

18 Dunbi { 07.21.12 at 4:55 pm }

I have a few of Matt’s recipes. Apparently he makes very good jam.

19 brain dead dave { 07.21.12 at 5:06 pm }

Jowl$y makes a jam every time he sits next to someone.

20 Email Marketer Lists { 09.28.12 at 7:57 am }

Admiгing the timе anԁ effогt you put into yοur
site and in depth informаtіοn you offer. Іt’s good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the sаme old rehashеԁ mаteгial.
Fantastic rеad! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m
inсluding уouг RЅS feedѕ tо
my Google account.

21 Marcy { 03.17.13 at 5:39 am }

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in
your article seem to be running off the screen in Firefox.
I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you know.
The design look great though! Hope you get the issue solved soon.
Many thanks

22 zuma deluxe online { 07.04.13 at 2:33 pm }

Generally I do not read article on blogs, however I wish to
say that this write-up very pressured me to check out
and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, quite nice article.

23 Rhea { 01.31.14 at 4:35 pm }

It was in an article about the girl who had disappeared, and
how everyone thought the congressman who was humping her had killed her.
If you move around in bed very much, night clothes can get twisted and turned.