The Shire – Now We Know What Beckaa’s Dad Does

Yesterday in the Sunday Telegraph The Shire’s cast surnames were revealed and once it was revealed that Beckaa’s last name was Noun, it did not take long to find out more about her father Tony.

He found fame with his daughter last week as the indulgent father of the 20 year-old who arrived back from Dubai with new nose job and designer good.

Of course the question on everyones lips was what did he do to be able to afford his daughter’s lifestyle.

And Google was my friend. Tony is Chairman and Group Managing Director of Inventis  not sure what his fellow Directors thought about his reality TV cameo.

Beckaa also spoke to Who Mag about the show and her relationship with her father.

It said:

She’s definitely Daddy’s princess.

“Me and my dad, Tony, have always been really close. He’s like a friend and I can tell him anything. We have the same attitude in life: that if you work hard, you’ll reap the benefits….. Though obviously he’s a company director and I prefer to do pageants.”

She usually get what she wants.

“The secret to getting what I want from my dad is compromise. I’m very opinionated and very much know what I want. But he will say what he thinks and then we have to meet half way. I’m not unreasonable. I don’t think. [laughs]

She has designer tastes.

“Yes, I have a $15,000 credit-card limit. I splurge the most on make-up. And I’m a massive handbag person. I have over a hundred. And that’s an easy number.”

She has spent $10,000 on a handbag.

“Louis Vuitton can get quite pricey with all their gold-plated things, so that’s always in the tens [of thousands of dollars]. Designer handbags really eat your money.”

She has her sights set on Miss Lebanon.

“Getting my nose done was just me deciding I wanted to do pageants, and that made me think I could do a few improvements. I like the look of bigger boobs and stuff. But that’ll be it for me.”

She wants to be famous.

“My ideal job would be a radio broadcaster or TV presenter. I’m doing a media course and I love interacting with people. I like the idea of radio more because I could work in pyjamas.”

Interesting that The Shire show is more ethnically diverse than the actual Shire itself. Also I am going to go against what other people are saying and make the big call that the show holds its ratings this week. What do you think?

The Shire is on Monday night’s on TEN at 8.00pm.

1 Heath { 07.23.12 at 2:43 pm }

I think it’s hilarious that this girl wants to be a model. Not a chance.

2 brain dead dave { 07.23.12 at 2:52 pm }

A hundred handbags and one douchebag~ her father.

3 Culinary Boner { 07.23.12 at 3:02 pm }

To be fair, there must be some alternative reality buried somewhere deep in the multi-verse in which she’d be a Jennifer Hawkins equivalent.

4 Isabel { 07.23.12 at 3:47 pm }

Not even very attractive, so don’t know why she thinks she could be a model or tv presenter. Pageants? Well, perhaps …

5 JKo { 07.23.12 at 3:52 pm }

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. She may look gorgeous/attractive to some and to some, third world ugly.

6 littlepetal { 07.23.12 at 3:59 pm }

Its all depend who your father is

7 Gidgit { 07.23.12 at 4:39 pm }

Ten thousand dollar handbag – she obviously has not heard the expression ‘you can’t polish a turd’. She could be wearing the crown jewels and STILL look like cheap trash.

8 Anna { 07.23.12 at 5:00 pm }

Is Beckaa from a Lebanese family?

9 librarygirl { 07.23.12 at 5:36 pm }

That poor girl. Deluded.

10 Chunks { 07.23.12 at 6:22 pm }

Taking delusional to a whole new level.

11 Gidgit { 07.23.12 at 6:33 pm }

@librarygirl She’s not too ‘poor’ – she’s richer than me and I’m 41 and she’s 20. I can give her no sympathy at all – just my pure dispise.

12 Dr T { 07.23.12 at 6:40 pm }

I don’t think she has any understanding of the amount of effort required for her father to get to where he has got… those letters after his name don’t appear by magic

13 brain dead dave { 07.23.12 at 6:47 pm }

Agreed Dr T.

What concerns me are some missing letters after his name ~ SUCKER

14 Dr T { 07.23.12 at 6:57 pm }

It will be interesting to see how much longer the Shire lasts… other than RR, I don’t think we are the target audience

15 Reality Raver { 07.23.12 at 8:04 pm }

Anna – If she wants to be Miss Lebanon she would have to have Lebanese heritage.

16 Remued { 07.23.12 at 8:44 pm }

Dad is wearing some pretty obvious braces.
You would think he would decrease her credit limit and buy some caps.

I’d get a major case of the icks if my dad looked at me like that o_O

17 Anna { 07.23.12 at 8:47 pm }

I thought that would be the case, but I guess I had in mind a different Middle Eastern appearance. Ethnic stereotyping at its worst, unfortunately.

18 brain dead dave { 07.23.12 at 10:59 pm }

These people are freaks. Terrible acting, sub moronic conversation.

I’ve no doubt it will get worse. Ch 10’s darkest hour.

Beckaa a model? A scarecrow if you’re lucky,sweetheart.

19 lia { 07.24.12 at 12:52 am }

Who is Beckaa? if she can not afford a nose job, couldn’t she just buy the 35 bucks nosesecret splints?

20 G Nikolaros { 07.29.12 at 11:30 am }

Tony is hardly what you would consider wealthy, he only earns $200k per year from his job at Inventis and his holdings in the company aren’t even worth more than $50k. Not exactly swimming in cash. I laughed at his rented limo in the first episode.

21 Dr T { 07.29.12 at 3:08 pm }

Last time I looked $200K is probably in the region of triple the median wage (and that is just declared income!) Maybe he’s a smart investor too… (well, not smart to invest in his daughter)

22 Olivia { 07.30.12 at 8:58 pm }

I would just like to know what is going on with her hair? its awful

23 chris { 07.30.12 at 9:07 pm }

If 200k is not wealthy I must be super poor with a mere 50k (after tax).

24 Mrs D { 08.25.12 at 2:23 pm }

“Interesting that The Shire show is more ethnically diverse than the actual Shire itself” – What an ignorant comment to make. Wake up “Reality Raver” , we live in Australia. Therefore, if you have Anglo heritage you are seen as Australian, anything else and its seen as ethnic????

25 brain dead dave { 08.25.12 at 2:41 pm }

Some basic research will tell you that the Shire is older and less ethnically diverse than other areas of Sydney.

26 Gidgit { 08.25.12 at 3:38 pm }

Uh oh – someone from The Shire has rocked in…and they are cranky poo’s.

27 Reality Raver { 08.26.12 at 3:59 pm }

Mrs D – From Wiki “Sutherland Shire has a smaller proportion of overseas-born residents and less diversity in the range of countries of birth, relative to other parts of Sydney. About 80% of Sutherland Shire residents are born in Australia, followed by those born in the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Italy and South Africa. [13] The percentage of residents claiming Australian ancestry is among the highest in Sydney.
Whilst the overseas population is growing, it is growing at a significantly slower rate than the rest of Sydney. A comparison of the top 5 nationalities in the Sutherland Shire with the Sydney Statistical Division in 2001 shows the major difference was a lower share of the population of Chinese ancestry. Sutherland Shire is older and less ethnically diverse than other areas in Sydney. The Shire is known colloquially as the “insular peninsula”, reflecting its reputation for insular localism.”

The cast like Beckka, Rif Raf, Sophie, Vernessa, and Kerry all appear to have non-anglo backgrounds.

28 Kymberley { 10.04.12 at 11:55 pm }

What I’d do to even have $15000 a month. I get just over that in a full year. I wouldn’t be spending it on handbags. OK maybe one but it would only be $29.99 and no brand. It saddens me that people do take money for granted :( Tony give me $15000 and watch what I do with it. you’d be impressed :) it would last me over 6 months.

29 Anonymous { 07.31.13 at 11:00 pm }

Just an FYI I know Tony very well, you all think you know him? No way lol who cares how much he earns? And there’s uglier girls out there than Beckaa.